12Next >
12146 51 2016-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Saad Ismail
lvl.1

Turkey

Dear All

Before day ago I upgrade my Inspire 1 drone to latest version of firmware ( v1.9.1.30 )
Then I tried to upgrade the RC too, but I couldn't. I connected USB flash memory ( including same firmware which I used to upgrade drone ) to the Remote Control .. but it did nothing. no changes .. just red light.
After that I noticed that remote control can just  move the drone camera up and down not more.
Since 4 days I'm reading  websites articles  and watching YouTube video's and reading and watching DJI video's .. and trying to find solution and  solve this problem but no way.!!!!!
Now I can't do anything the Remote control not working any more. {:4_157:}

Could you please help me regarding this problem..?!!??

Thank you all.
2016-11-24
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You update the RC transmitter   with the Go app and a  wi fi connection , you dont need to use the USB connection .  Just make sure you have a wi fi connection to your go app and have it hooked up to the RC.  the system settings should say update available and then you upgrade it this way normally . Make sure aircraft is off.

****The RC and AC are on different versions of Firmware.  The Aircraft at 1.9 and the RC is at a special version of FW version 1.7  .  the FW versions do not use the same update file( 1. 9 for example )  for the aircraft and the RC transmitter.  I made this mistake also when first starting out as well, the reason for this is there are sometimes updates for the RC onlly and soimetimes for the Aircraft only .  In the early days of DJI the FW was the same, but not any longer and also the update was done with a USB thumb drive to the transmitter, now it can be done that way but an easier way is with the Go app device hooked up with a cable to the RC transmitter, with both of these ON and the Aircraft OFF, all you ned is a wi fi connection and the Go app should initiate all the data for an update, simply open the system settings page and follow the Instructions.  If for some reason this will not work for you , I have included the old  way of doiing the Update with SPECIAL  file updates for the RC transmitter only .  

Below are directions that  I copied and pasted from another thread I wrote  on how to do it the old way if you must :

There is a way top upgrade the RC with a USB but try it with a wi -fi to the go app and RC first .   load my 1.6 file below  here to a formatted thumb drive and then Install it .
Follow directions in the link below  ( You could also try to load the 1.7 .6 file FIRST  that I have on the link as well, but for some reason it does not always work , the 1.6 file works for sure and then will prompt you to update to 1.7.  if for some reason the GO is not prompting you to update to it )

http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-3.html
These  files below are ONLY for the RC transmitter, you could try 1.7.6 first if that does not work then if properly installed with my link instructions 1.6.0 will work for sure . They will NOT work on any aircraft, these are specioal files .  

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _FW_V01.06.0000.bin

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_1_rc/C1_FW_v01.07.0060.bin

donnie

2016-11-24
Use props
Saad Ismail
lvl.1

Turkey

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-24 13:50
You update the RC transmitter   with the Go app and a  wi fi connection , you dont need to use the U ...

Thanks so much for your reply Donnie
I tried to upgrade the RC via DJI GO with internet connection but I couldn't .. for me it's like  nightmare ..
Also I tried to copy your files one by one to formatted USB Flash memory and connect it to USB plug in RC and turned On the RC ... I wait around 5 minutes but No response from RC..  just the RC peeping after 5 minutes  to mention that you keep the RC ON. !!!
I'm lost actually I don't know what should I do specially we don't have DJI services branch in Turkey.
2016-11-24
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Saad Ismail Posted at 2016-11-24 11:28
Thanks so much for your reply Donnie
I tried to upgrade the RC via DJI GO with internet connection ...

Use the 1.6 file it should work , make sure that you have nothing else on that USB drive .  Do NOT use a MAC use a PC.
What version do you currently have on the RC transmitter  Is is prior to 1.3 ?  If so let me know , I will get you the file that you need if it is .

You need to look at the 'about ' page on the go app with the RC plugged in and on to read what version the RC is currently on .....I need to know
I will get back with you tomorrow to see how you are gettin on .

donnie

2016-11-24
Use props
Saad Ismail
lvl.1

Turkey

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-24 23:31
Use the 1.6 file it should work , make sure that you have nothing else on that USB drive .  Do NOT  ...

Thanks again to helping and supporting me
Actually 1.6 didn't work with me. The GO APP shows Disconnected.
I tried to open ' About ' to see the version, but again nothing to show there.
About
App 3.1.0
Version N/A
Remote Controller N/A

You can also see the problem in attached picture:
http://www14.0zz0.com/2016/11/25/11/444843656.jpg
2016-11-25
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Did you change the USB Cable ? Maybe its faulty.

Did you try to reset the RC?

Disconnect the Device running DJI Go.

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off while holding the buttons.
* Turn on the RC and it will be reset.

After that, try relinking the RC with the Aircraft without your DJI Go Device:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2016-11-25
Use props
Saad Ismail
lvl.1

Turkey

Skyclip Posted at 2016-11-25 11:31
Did you change the USB Cable ? Maybe its faulty.

Did you try to reset the RC?

Thank you for your reply Skyclip
I changed the USB cable twice .. but same problem
Also I did as you told me  .. again no progress .
The aircraft still flashing yellow. the controller can just move the camera up and down.
2016-11-25
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It´s bricked im afraid. Found one more Thread that might help : http://forum.dji.com/thread-9341-1-1.html
Otherwise you have to return it to DJI for repair. :-/
2016-11-25
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Saad Ismail Posted at 2016-11-25 06:21
Also I did as y ...

The best way to check for a bad HDMI ( part 54 on the RC ) is to open the Remote control settings option on the Go App.  If you can see the OFF  MASTER  SLAVE  option then the RC HDMI port is GOOD . If you cannot see these options under the Remote control settings tab the Port is broken .

let me know .  The page looks like this if the Port is good

donnie  
rc settings page.PNG
2016-11-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Please try Donnie's advice and let us know of any changes.
2016-11-25
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Saad Ismail Posted at 2016-11-25 04:21
Also I did as y ...

I have had this happen lately Saad.
Start up the remote and the Inspire 1. Go into the remote controller settings and go to the bottom of the screen then select the linking remote controller then press the Link RC pop up box.  Now go to the right front side of the Inspire one and press the tiny red button with a ballpoint pen.  The aircraft will link and connect again. You should get the green light!

Rich
2016-11-25
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-11-26 00:05
Start up the remote and the Inspire one. Go into the remote c ...

I think he is either on really old FW  , like 1.2  Or he has a  broken HDMI  On the RC transmitter.

I think you have a good idea as well -  perhaps he is updated and just needs to re link the AC to The RC- It is at least worth a shot .

donnie
2016-11-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Saad Ismail Posted at 2016-11-25 06:21
Also I did as y ...

Saad - Please read AND ANSWER   post 9 -10 11 and get back with us ........Capish

Tony
2016-11-26
Use props
Saad Ismail
lvl.1

Turkey

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-11-26 08:05
Start up the remote and the Inspire 1. Go into the remote con ...

Thanks so much for your reply
Actually I did as you said but I got this message
2016-11-27
Use props
Saad Ismail
lvl.1

Turkey

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-26 15:33
Saad - Please read AND ANSWER   post 9 -10 11 and get back with us ........Capish

Tony

Thanks a lot for your reply
You really understood my problem. I think my original firmware was 1.2 if not older.
and exactly as you said I want to update and lost connection between AC and RC.
I got this DJI Inspire 1 from Friend which brought it from Germany before years ago, and used it one or tow times without upgrading it. Then I bought it from him ( 2000$ ) to documenting the archaeological sites before month ago.. ( I'm archaeologist ).
After I did one or two fly I lost the connection between Aircraft and remote ( There was no aircraft camera view on my mobile phone ) and has { Disconnected } on the top of Dji GO application. but the remote was working and flying the aircraft normally.
So before days ago I thought if I upgrade the Aircraft and remote I'll solve my problem.
I watched tens of video's to teach my self regarding upgrading my Aircraft and remote before I start to do this step. I noticed that it's too easy to upgrade.!!
So I upgrade the Aircraft successfully. but when I start upgrading the Remote Control I had nothing .. just red light on RC .. no peeps no changes.. I wait around 30 minutes then I turned the remote OFF . I checked the SD card .. there wasn't any success or failed file. I noticed that the remote didn't upgrade.
I test the RC with Aircraft .. I see that the RC can move the Aircraft camera Up and Down. and the Joystick 2 left and right (J3;J4) just moving the camera a little bit to left and right. That's all .. no motor starting no connection just horrible yellow light shining.. I start see it in my dreams .. Since more than one week I'm trying to solve my problem but I can't.
2016-11-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Saad Ismail Posted at 2016-11-27 14:19
Thanks a lot for your reply
You really understood my problem. I think my original firmware was 1.2 ...

Ok if you are on early firmware for the RC transmitter try to load this file here to a thumb drive or SD card with adapter to the USB port on the RC.

This is the problem , you do not have matching firmware.  If at 1.9 on the AC we must get you to at least 1.6 on the RC.

Try  loading this , make sure you have a clean formatted thumb drive and this is the only file on  it , let  me know how it goes, you may need an even earlier version but lets start here .

http://download.dji-innovations. ... _FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Once you get this loaded we can then jump to the 1.6 update that I gave you earlier, we must get you to at least 1.3 and then it gets a lot easier, you could even  try via the GO app BUT ONLY ONCE YOU GET TO THE MAGIC 1.3
By the way , in the immortal words of yoda from Star Wars....."THERE IS NO TRY ....ONLY DO !"

donnie

2016-11-27
Use props
Saad Ismail
lvl.1

Turkey

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-28 00:36
Ok if you are on early firmware for the RC transmitter try to load this file here to a thumb drive  ...

Thanks again Donnie.
I tried FW V01.03.0020 but no change at all ..
The only thing which make me crazy is : The remote can move the camera Up and Down .!!!!
2016-11-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Saad Ismail Posted at 2016-11-27 11:54
Thanks so much for your reply
Actually I did as you said but I got this message

Saad

I am not sure but based on this pop up, you have a mismatch in FW between the aircraft and the remote.

I am sure sorry this did not work for you!

Rich
2016-11-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Saad Ismail Posted at 2016-11-27 18:27
Thanks again Donnie.
I tried FW V01.03.0020 but no change at all ..
The only thing which make me  ...

Ok then, try this one,
http://www.panorobot.com/dji/dow ... arev1.2.1.06_en.zip

This is the 2nc update in the series,you must have the first one loaded, then it goes to 1.3 and then you could jump to 1.6.  If this does not work try this other 1.3 file right here .
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/i ... rev1.3.0.00__en.zip

Are you using a PC or a Mac to downlaod these files. Use a PC if you can , sometimes the Mac does not open and extract the file properly if it does not have a WAR file extract program.

donnie

2016-11-28
Use props
fans46d2ba76
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My slave remote is the same since friday 25/11/2016. I have down gradeed to v1.5.00.80 via the go app and then upgraded but the remote still wont work, I have changed the slave to a MASTER , I have done the 4 button reset, My remote still will not connect to the inspire,

Hi Donnie..
I have been able to updat with the v01.06.00.00.bin   but unable to get any further. I trieD the C1_FW_v01.07.0060.bin  But the remote will not update to this,,,,
2016-11-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

fans46d2ba76 Posted at 2016-11-28 10:22
My slave remote is the same since friday 25/11/2016. I have down gradeed to v1.5.00.80 via the go ap ...

The slave remote does not connect to the Inspire, it connects only to the Master Transmitter.  Also when you did the Re set you wiped out the 1.5 file on the RC. ( If you did it correctly it reverts back to the ORIGINAL  file it came with .  

Go to the About page of go app  and find out what version is current on the RC right now . ( do this with AC off -  the RC on connected to the go app device )   then we can figure out what you must do to get it to match the Master.  Also what version is the master on right now as well ,we will eventually have to get you to that Firmware.

****Are you sure you are at 1.6 on the RC ?  double check this and get back with me .  You are wanting to use this as a Slave RC  correct ?  or do you want it to be Master ?  Have you ever linked the Master and slave together in the Past ?
****I am having trouble with my 1.7 C1 bin file , I think DJI found out we had a back door and closed it for some reason .  

***I find that 1.6 on the RC master and Slave and 1.8 on the aircraft gives me the best performance , so you could just get your master to 1.6 and then have the Master find the slave and you should be in business, if you want you could install 1.8 back on the AC if you are at 1.9.  Just an Idea .

donnie

2016-11-28
Use props
Saad Ismail
lvl.1

Turkey

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-28 13:25
Ok then, try this one,
http://www.panorobot.com/dji/dow ... arev1.2.1.06_en.zip

Heyyyyyy The great Donnie Thank you so much.
This file worked with me : rev1.3.0.00    I upgraded to 1.3.0.00 successfully.
Now I'm trying to upgrade to 1.6  upgraded successfully too.
What Should I do now .. continue upgrading to 1.7 .. then to 1.8 .. the to 1.9 ..???
2016-11-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Saad Ismail Posted at 2016-11-28 12:30
This file worked with me : rev1.3.0.00    I ...

I would update to 1.6 via my file and stay there for now .

You can only go to 1.7.60 for the RC update and there is no great advantage to do so . My bin file for that does not work for some reason , the ONLY way to do that would be via the Go app which will work now that you are on version 1.3.    You will have to upgrade this way in the future as well but read on , I have an idea .

Get to 1.6 and stay there for now !  The other thing you   could simply rollback the AC ( Just like you updated it to 1.9 ) to 1.8 and to me this is the most glitch free system out there.  

Lets get you to 1.6 and go from there, you may have to Re link the Aircraft but lets see if you get to 1.6 on the RC if it still connects, if not let me know .
Re link instructions are in next post if you need it .
***I am sure you know that "AC" is Aircraft and "RC" is Remote control transmitter   and"  FW" is Firmware .  

donnie

2016-11-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Saad Ismail Posted at 2016-11-28 12:30
This file worked with me : rev1.3.0.00    I ...

Also remember that update  Firmware  are different  between the AC and RC.  So the RC would not have any 1.8 or 1.9 update for the RC transmitter, those are only for the Aircraft.

the reason for this is that there are updates only for the RC and then some Only for the AC.  So the numbers do not match, a better term is Compatible  because they are not the same .

Example : So 1.6 RC firmware  will be compatible with 1.8 and 1.9 Aircraft Firmware .  OR  in the past for example 1.7 firmware was a match for 1.58 on the RC .....Get it ?

Also once you load 1.6 to the RC i want you to try and start the motors , make sure the RC is still on the Master setting on the Go app in RC controls tab.  If the motors start great if they    DO NOT= DO THIS :

Inside the fuselage of the Inspire behind the nose cone top right silver screw is a red button  you may need a flashlight to find it , once you find it make a mental note .

Now go to "remote control settings" on the Go APP , go to linking remote  control on the very bottom of the page in blue letters.  Now make sure the AC is on and the RC is on and of course the Go app is on and connected to the Go app device .  Now press the Link remote control button , you Now have 60 seconds to press and hold the red button on the aircraft, hold it in for 5 solid seconds and let go .  the go app should then say you are linked.  all controls should now be back to normal .

Then If you wish you could rollback to 1.8 on the AC just like you did the 1.9 update. This is currently the best , problem free, glitch free update . This is up to you of course .

when you update the aircraft NEVER HAVE THE RC TRANSMITTER ON .

let me know when  how you are doing.

donnie
2016-11-28
Use props
Saad Ismail
lvl.1

Turkey

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-28 20:52
Also remember that update  Firmware  are different  between the AC and RC.  So the RC would not ha ...

Hello Mr. Donnie
I really don't know how to thank you ....?!!?!?!?!?!
I appreciate your help and support  
My AC start working and linked with RC .. the motors working .. No yellow light..  Also I can see the camera view on my mobile phone , and everything looks OK now.. I'm waiting for tomorrow early morning to start testing my AC outside.
Thanks a lot . ton of Thanks for you Donnie . You are professional DJI user and engineer.
God bless you .. If you need anything from Turkey, please feel free to contact me.
This is my email : derhuner @ Hotmail . com
My whatsapp number : 0090 54 54 675 125

2016-11-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Saad Ismail Posted at 2016-11-28 14:09
Hello Mr. Donnie
I really don't know how to thank you ....?!!?!?!?!?!
I appreciate your help and ...

My pleasure , always happy to help .  If I ever get to Turkey I will be sure to look you up !

donnie
2016-11-28
Use props
Saad Ismail
lvl.1

Turkey

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-28 22:17
My pleasure , always happy to help .  If I ever get to Turkey I will be sure to look you up !

donn ...

You will be welcome in which time you want.
Thanks a lot dear DJI Problems Friend
Best Regards
Saad Ismail.
2016-11-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Saad Ismail Posted at 2016-11-28 14:24
You will be welcome in which time you want.
Thanks a lot dear DJI Problems Friend
Best R ...

If you ever need help

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

cheers- donnie
2016-11-28
Use props
Saad Ismail
lvl.1

Turkey

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-28 22:27
If you ever need help

Ok dear friend, I got your email.
Thank you so much.
2016-11-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Good to hear you're up and running.
2016-11-28
Use props
bishy123
New

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-24 05:50
You update the RC transmitter   with the Go app and a  wi fi connection , you dont need to use the U ...

can somebody tell me why my inspire bird is not talking to the remote
2016-11-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

bishy123 Posted at 2016-11-29 05:40
can somebody tell me why my inspire bird is not talking to the remote

Are you on compatible FW  ?  Let me know what FW you are on and I will try to help you .  If you have compatible FW  just may need to RE link with the Aircraft with the RC

donnie

I have another job but will get back to you later
2016-11-29
Use props
Saad Ismail
lvl.1

Turkey

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-28 22:27
If you ever need help

Dear Donnie
I tested my AC outside today but the power ( Turbo ) of AC wasn't enough to fly.!!
Do you have any idea about this new problem..?!!
I sent more details to you y email.
Thank you
2016-11-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Saad Ismail Posted at 2016-11-29 08:30
Dear Donnie
I tested my AC outside today but the power ( Turbo ) of AC wasn't enough to fly.!!
Do  ...

Make sure you are in Mode 2 Stick mode  under the remote control settings ( the sticks )  . The sticks could have changed on you during update
I assume you fly under the default mode 2

donnie
2016-11-29
Use props
Saad Ismail
lvl.1

Turkey

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-29 23:07
Make sure you are in Mode 2 Stick mode  under the remote control settings ( the sticks )  . The sti ...

Yes I'm in Mode 2 .
The AC can't fly ..!! motor power looks weak.. Joystick Up increase the motor power without flying.
2016-11-29
Use props
Insieme Agency
lvl.2
Flight distance : 420449 ft
Hungary

fans46d2ba76 Posted at 2016-11-28 17:22
My slave remote is the same since friday 25/11/2016. I have down gradeed to v1.5.00.80 via the go ap ...

My slave and my Master doesn't working..... WHAT THE HELL ?
2016-11-30
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Insieme Agency Posted at 2016-11-30 03:54
My slave and my Master doesn't working..... WHAT THE HELL ?

Ok I have the OP challenge resolved- what is going on with yours ?

Did you do an update and now they wont work ? Are you on compatible FW for the AC and RC ? I need more details .

donnie
2016-11-30
Use props
Saad Ismail
lvl.1

Turkey

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-30 15:34
Ok I have the OP challenge resolved- what is going on with yours ?

Did you do an update and now t ...

Tons of thanks for Mr. Donnie who continue helping me since more than six days till I solved
my Dji Inspire 1 problems.
I really appreciate his help and support.
How nice and great it is  to have unknown friends which you never meet them.. in same time they are ready to help you till you solve your life problems.
Thanks God we still have humanity in this world.
Thanks Donnie .
2016-11-30
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Saad Ismail Posted at 2016-11-30 07:54
Tons of thanks for Mr. Donnie who continue helping me since more than six days till I solved
my Dj ...

Thank you Saad ,

Happy to help , always.

donnie
2016-11-30
Use props
Skyhigh Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 242169 ft
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-24 03:50
You update the RC transmitter   with the Go app and a  wi fi connection , you dont need to use the USB connection .  Just make sure you have a wi fi connection to your go app and have it hooked up to the RC.  the system settings should say update available and then you upgrade it this way normally . Make sure aircraft is off.

****The RC and AC are on different versions of Firmware.  The Aircraft at 1.9 and the RC is at a special version of FW version 1.7  .  the FW versions do not use the same update file( 1. 9 for example )  for the aircraft and the RC transmitter.  I made this mistake also when first starting out as well, the reason for this is there are sometimes updates for the RC onlly and soimetimes for the Aircraft only .  In the early days of DJI the FW was the same, but not any longer and also the update was done with a USB thumb drive to the transmitter, now it can be done that way but an easier way is with the Go app device hooked up with a cable to the RC transmitter, with both of these ON and the Aircraft OFF, all you ned is a wi fi connection and the Go app should initiate all the data for an update, simply open the system settings page and follow the Instructions.  If for some reason this will not work for you , I have included the old  way of doiing the Update with SPECIAL  file updates for the RC transmitter only .  

Hi Donnie

First of all I would just like to thank you so much for all your helpful information, I made the mistake of updating  the Controller before the AC, this "bricked" it however  I have then since been able to use the .bin file you so kindly provided to update to V01.06.
I have now updated the AC to the latest firmware v1.11.1.50 but am unable to update the Rc through the GO App it just says download failed retry... I have tried various devices and uninstalled/reinstalled  DJI GO several times but no joy. I can connect to the AC but when I do am unable to then link to my slave controller as it is on version 1.0.7.
I have a job coming up in the next couple of days and any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards
Jess
2017-7-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules