Discharging an OSMO intelligent battery
1175 1 2016-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
8sn8TBtOjO0t
lvl.1

United States

Hoping to hear back from DJI-Thor....

I just got my OSMO Mobile device and will be traveling with it in a month from now. I am carefully reviewing all documentation and see the recommendation by DJI to "fully discharge" the battery prior to taking is on to an airplane. There is also reference to other "states of charge" in different scenarios.

My questions are as follows:
-How is an OSMO intelligent battery fully discharged....what is the procedure?
-Some of the instructions say not to leave discharged for long period as the battery may "over discharge" and be damaged....what is the definition of [long period]?
-If not using the battery for ten days or more discharge to 40-65%.....what is the best way to control and manage the level of discharge to specific percentages?

Thanks in advance for advice on these questions.
2016-11-24
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Don't worry about the discharging-before-bringing-onto-plane stuff, just bring it.

"If not using the battery for ten days or more discharge to 40-65%.....what is the best way to control and manage the level of discharge to specific percentages?"
You don't need to, and you can't. So the easiest way to keep the battery healthy is to fully charge it once every month if you're not using it.
2016-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules