Loss of memory
1219 21 2016-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Nug
lvl.2
Flight distance : 174144 ft
United Kingdom

Why do I have to keep resetting my cameras settings every time I replace the drones battery.Why doesn't the drone save the settings to the cameras SD card?please help from John.

2016-11-24
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

What settings specifically are you loosing ?  make  sure you turn off the Inspire  system in this order to not loose data as well.

Turn  off Aircraft first- then turn off RC transmitter - then close go app - -then turn off go app device .

To turn on the whole system do it in this order .  

Turn on RC transmitter first - Then turn on aircraft- then open the Go app- The go app device can be on , just dont  open the App till last .

donnie
2016-11-25
Use props
The Nug
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I shut everthing down in the order that you have mentioned .But still settings are lost.I have to re  alter settings like 16:9 / 4:3 ,bracketing,multiple exposures ,f settings ,auto,speed and apparture etc
2016-11-28
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

This shouldn't happen.  I assume there is a backup battery in the Inspire to hold these settings and perhaps it's gone dead?   I change batteries all the time and never have to redo my settings.

Maybe someone in the know can chime in.
2016-12-4
Use props
The Nug
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Where are the cameras settings held ? I have a Canon camera and all the settings made can recorded and saved to the sd card or the compact flash card.Are all the settings recorded and held on the DJI Go software and in my case on my Apple iPad 2.This is a pain in the arse as battery life is very limited.Please help !
2016-12-5
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

My guess is they are held by an internal battery.  My settings are there even with no SD card inserted.  

Someone from DJI needs to chime in but my guess is there's a backup battery that has gone bad.
2016-12-7
Use props
The Nug
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Where can I locate any possible back-up battery on the drone. I have the manual but can't find any reference to a back-up battery !
2016-12-9
Use props
The Nug
lvl.2
United Kingdom

How do I store my camera settings and still retain them? The DJI software doesn't .Where can I store them and keep them ?
2016-12-14
Use props
The Nug
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Is there any way of saving and keeping your camera (x5) settings ?
2016-12-14
Use props
JackyYyy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103287 ft
Hong Kong

What's the X5's firmware verision?
2016-12-14
Use props
The Nug
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Everything is the latest version .Can anyone help? Please don't answer my question with a question ! Why should my firmware version matter! Camera settings aren't held or saved in any version !
2016-12-18
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tend to agree with Jim Hare and my settings remain no matter what FW version or Go App version is used. I do not have a X5 camera and only using the X3 camera on the I1 V2 ... I have not seen anything about a onboard battery on the Inspire modules, but this makes a lot of sense to me. Just like a PC has a back up lithium battery (some are rechargeable)

Rich
2016-12-19
Use props
The Nug
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Can DJI help at all ?
2016-12-27
Use props
The Nug
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Still awaiting an answer DJI !
2017-1-2
Use props
The Nug
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Can DJI help me at all with this anoying problem please  !
2017-1-2
Use props
The Nug
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Still waiting DJI !
2017-1-3
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

I think they're busy working on the Inspire 3!
2017-1-4
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Just wondering , when you replace the battery off the Aircraft, do you turn it off first or just pull it out while still on ?  Just a thought perhaps be sure to turn it off first , then pull it out .  I have been trying to find an answer for you but cant .  
Some have the problem , others dont , that makes me think it is   procedural .  And you are powering on and off in the order we talked about earlier correct ?    Jim Hare does not have this problem and his thoughts were towards an internal battery but I have never heard of such a thing , not saying he is wrong , just thought I would have heard about it by now .  sorry you are not getting answers, but try my method of making sure you shut down first then pull from the AC.

also I heard that Android devices hold the memory but the apples would not < I have no idea the validity of this statement but could you bortrow an androd device and see if mends the problem ?
Personally , I have an I pad pro, I lose  some of the settings but not all like you describe, as soon as the weather breaks I will do some testing to see if I can find a way not to loose any .

sorry you are having grief.

donnie  
2017-1-4
Use props
The Nug
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Still haven't got an answer to my initial question!
2017-1-16
Use props
The Nug
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Still waiting DJI
2017-2-10
Use props
The Nug
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I give up DJI
2017-3-18
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Why not send a direct message to one of the DJI members like Ken or Jamie . Explain that you are loosing all of the camera settings  and wonder if there is an internal battery .  I personally dont have this problem so I think it is something  within  your system .

Just one quick note ?  (  I know you dont like questions with questions , but oh well, need to ask  ) are you on a current go app ?  Or perhaps you could try another  ( ipad or other device for go app ) one just to test and see.  I have never heard of this problem before so it may be something unique to your settings .Or just  delete and re install the go app , perhaps it missed a line of code or somethng, not sure but it is easy and worth  a shot . Be sure to write down your other settings and sysnc the flight records if you do decide to do this
It sounds like the reset is getting pushed on the fo app  each time you replace the battery .
Sorry you are having issues, I just wanted to answer cause I hate the feeling of being ignored, I truly think they did not see you still had a question.... so like I said , send them a PM.

good luck

donnie
2017-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules