Wheel error ?
27485 24 2016-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adanggas
lvl.2

Canada

Hey guys I've had wheel error come up a couple of times. It goes away and I don't see any problems. Is this a commen thing with dji drones? This is my first one so I don't know if getting a error here or there is ok. I've done a gimble calibration. One time is started beeping and did not go away unit I reset the drone, and the other time is stopped after 5 seconds or so. The drone was just sitting in my coffee table the last time right after I powered it up. Any info would be great. I've only done one 20 min flight and all was perfect then. Also have had it on In my house 5 times to play the simulator.
2016-11-25
Use props
clydevs
lvl.2

United States

Did you calibrate the controller as well as the mavic IMU?
2016-11-25
Use props
Adanggas
lvl.2

Canada

clydevs Posted at 2016-11-26 07:44
Did you calibrate the controller as well as the mavic IMU?

I did a imu calibration but not the controller. I thought a wheel error was a gimble error.
2016-11-25
Use props
clydevs
lvl.2

United States

Might be the wheel on the controller that controls the gimbal.
2016-11-25
Use props
Adanggas
lvl.2

Canada

clydevs Posted at 2016-11-26 08:14
Might be the wheel on the controller that controls the gimbal.

So I tried a calibration on the controller and it seems my wheel was a spot where it will read like 6% with out me touching it. So you know how when you move the wheel you can feel tention on it to pull it back, in that first little bit of movement it just wiggles with no tension and can leave 6% on either side. Depending on what was it moves. The other wheel on the other side has a bit of movement before tention but it's less.  
2016-11-25
Use props
Adanggas
lvl.2

Canada

Adanggas Posted at 2016-11-26 08:41
So I tried a calibration on the controller and it seems my wheel was a spot where it will read lik ...

So it's defiantly the wheel on the controller error. When I start the controller and the wheel is not stopped at dead centre and stuck over to one side I get that error and if I touch the wheel it stops. That's a bummer I guess it's back to Apple Store... do you think that's my best option?
2016-11-25
Use props
chanley380
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75659 ft
United States

maybe make sure to go through the standard recommended stuff one last time?  Update firmware on mavic and controller.  Calibrate controller.  (One thing I read is to make sure you do the stick calibrations pretty slowly, forget which thread, but I think they said this solved it for them).
IMU calibration, (current recommendation seems to be to do this when the aircraft is "cold".....not freezing, but after it has been off and is cool, fire it up and do the IMU calibration first thing).  

Although, if you bought it at an apple store, might be easier to just take back and replace if they have them in stock...and will replace it for you.
2016-11-25
Use props
Adanggas
lvl.2

Canada

chanley380 Posted at 2016-11-26 08:58
maybe make sure to go through the standard recommended stuff one last time?  Update firmware on mavi ...

I tried recalibration again and still has the problem it's a shame the drone is prefect it's just the controller... I got the dji care on it I wonder how long it would take to get a new controller. So my options are return the controller and wait for a new one. Or return the whole drone to apple and luck out getting a new one in stock. I wonder how it works to get dji refresh moved to another mavic. Any more ideas or thoughts you guys have on this would be great.
2016-11-25
Use props
Adanggas
lvl.2

Canada

Adanggas Posted at 2016-11-26 09:24
I tried recalibration again and still has the problem it's a shame the drone is prefect it's just  ...

Well after more trail and error I was able to get it calibrated.
It seems the my wheel has a bit more play then it should before it gets tention. So what I did was find the centre of that spot and go though calibration. Now that sloppy part is in the dead zone. It's not really a fix but it will stop the beeping for now until I decide what to do.
2016-11-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Adanggas Posted at 2016-11-26 10:14
Well after more trail and error I was able to get it calibrated.
It seems the my wheel has a bit  ...

Sorry to hear about the trouble.
Would you please upload a video here to showing that?
Besides, may I know have you upgraded both RC and AC to the latest? if you could post a screenshot of the error message, that will be great.
2016-11-27
Use props
fansf906a12b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406585 ft
United States

Is it always returning to center? I noticed when I took the controller apart the left wheel is sprung to return to center and if it's not seated correctly on assembly or the screws are too tight on its board it will not always easily return and it'll give that wheel error.
2016-11-27
Use props
HTC
lvl.1
United States

I've flown probably 15 flights with my mavic and gotten 3 wheel errors. It only last about a second then goes away. It doesn't show the error on the flight log though. I'm not sure if this is something I should worry about.
2017-1-22
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

HTC Posted at 2017-1-22 08:03
I've flown probably 15 flights with my mavic and gotten 3 wheel errors. It only last about a second then goes away. It doesn't show the error on the flight log though. I'm not sure if this is something I should worry about.

Yep, it must be the app.  I notice no abnormal behavior before, during, or after the quick gimbal wheel error warning.  It's a red warning, so I also do not see a red blinking light on the Mavic when it happens.

This only started happening after performing a stick calibration.  Did it again to make sure I did it correctly after the first warning, but that changed nothing.  The gimbal works as intended regardless, so that's good.
2017-1-22
Use props
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 577543 ft
Czechia

Got "wheel error" today, but it is not visible in log. It was wheel on motor, or wheel on RC? What does "wheel error" means?
2017-1-26
Use props
Christophs007
New

Germany

I have the same problem: "WHEEL ERR" in the display from the controller and the controller beep.
First i calibrate the IMU, than the copter and last the controller. But the calibration by the controller the copter are off.
Now the error no longer occurs.
2017-3-17
Use props
iKjell
lvl.3
Flight distance : 583094 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I have got it a couple of times. Both as I had my finger on the gimbal wheel, and both times doing very slow movements of the gimbal.
It disappeared quickly, and I cannot replicate it, so I assume it is just something being a bit too sensitive, when doing tiny and slow movements on the wheel.
2017-3-28
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

I've have it happen a few times as well I am however not thrilled with how the roller feels like there is not much spring tension but it still works.... I would maybe say one thing to watch out for when turning on the RC don't have your finger on the wheel this will cause it to throw the error and if it's not centered for some reason that will do it also the first time you give it some input when flying.. just been my experience

thanks

Jon  
2017-3-29
Use props
fans00584648
lvl.1
United States

Silverado101980 Posted at 2017-3-29 07:55
I've have it happen a few times as well I am however not thrilled with how the roller feels like there is not much spring tension but it still works.... I would maybe say one thing to watch out for when turning on the RC don't have your finger on the wheel this will cause it to throw the error and if it's not centered for some reason that will do it also the first time you give it some input when flying.. just been my experience

thanks

I got the error on about my third flight, I did not know what it was for sure so I came back and landed. Beeping the whole time. I calibrated the controller but got the error again a few flights later. I calibrated everything after that and actually got the error again indoors not flying. Sense that I have not got the error. I really don't want to send my new mavic in and have it worked on over the random error. I think we should get a new mavic in this case and not one that has to be sent in and repaired. Bought mine last month and it had this problem at the start. Has anyone found out what causes the problem for sure?
2017-4-23
Use props
fans2118ce96
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14508 ft
Sweden

I got Wheel Error also.
For me it happened after i tried to perform the Calibration in DJI Assistant 2.
Also when Mavic has been aimed towards the screen for front and bottom cameras then it says the calibration is complete and "restart your drone". Im shutting down on the button and turing it on again. Then i got Calibration Failed on the screen.
2017-5-6
Use props
Askeptic
lvl.1
United States

Wheel error for me to today. Drone was on and connected to controller and app. Just sitting on the ground as I was going through my pre-flight checks. Wheel Error and beeping began. I power cycled the Mavic and it went away for that flight. Reading this though, sounds like it won't go away completely and forever haunt me. This is already my second drone as the first had gimbal issues, so if this one goes back... Maybe droning isn't for me
2017-5-17
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Since you got it at the Apple Store, I'd take it back and ask for another.  Before you leave the store with it, see if you can open it and feel the controls for too much slack.  This isn't something that is going to improve as you use it more and more.
2017-5-17
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Falkland Islands

It is wheel on controller. Just calibrate it mine did the same and no problem after calibration.
2017-5-17
Use props
user8a8cbc5fde
New

United States

Calibration don't seem to fix mine. I get the error randomly, it may be a couple of weeks between them.
2017-6-14
Use props
SeaComms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568222 ft
Australia

A tip for calibrating the wheel. I know a lot of people have been saying to move the sticks slowly in calibration, and this works fine for the sticks. However the wheel if moved slowly will detect the first little movement as full travel and it makes control of the gimble very difficult and jerky. When calibrating the wheel move it rapidly to the extremities and it will register the full travel again giving much better control. I also think this would improve the size of the Centre dead spot.
2017-6-14
Use props
Ryplej
New
Poland

I have the same issue just now. When I move the wheel so the camera move down a bit the alarm appears, when I take a finger off the wheel it turns off. But when I move the wheel again the alarm does not turn on until I'll reboot the drone and the RC again.  It's the  RC problem for sure but I have no idea what causes it. It started to appear since last firmware update. Earlier it was fine. I made just 13 flights intil now so the drone is as new. The callibration  passes normally, even then the alarm appears (until I'll stop moving it) the gimbal works as usual.
2018-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules