Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What is my Ronin doing?
1012 5 2016-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmcnamara
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8396 ft
United States

I am still on my first discharge of my battery, so there is literally no more than 1-2 hours of use on this unit. The gimbal does the same thing with or without a camera mounted to it I just no longer feel safe mounting a camera to it. Any ideas what is going on here? I have tried a battery from a working Ronin and it does the same thing.

https://goo.gl/photos/1uUt8m8r429DJBFu6
2016-11-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to keep in mind, you do not want to turn on the Ronin without a camera attached unless you have the motor kill option engaged. Just to clarify, did you notice this after a firmware update or was the unit dropped at any point? Can you connect the Ronin to the Assistant app to perform a motor kill?
2016-11-25
Use props
dmcnamara
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-25 23:31
Just to keep in mind, you do not want to turn on the Ronin without a camera attached unless you have ...

I can connect the app and perform a motor kill, but once I turn the motor kill switch off it starts to do the same thing. Nothing was done to the Ronin. It was working one morning then the next morning it was doing this. It has never been dropped or anything else.
2016-11-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dmcnamara Posted at 2016-11-26 20:47
I can connect the app and perform a motor kill, but once I turn the motor kill switch off it start ...

Do you notice any loose wiring to the GCU? You may want to get in contact with the Support Center via support.us@dji.com or call +1 (818) 235 0789 to get started with a repair service.
2016-11-26
Use props
dmcnamara
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-26 19:21
Do you notice any loose wiring to the GCU? You may want to get in contact with the Support Center  ...

Nothing visible. I have put pressure on the t-connection that seems to cause problems for others and there is no affect on the gimbal at all. My plans are to call tech support Monday, just wanted to make sure there wasnt something simple that I missed that could cause this behavior.
2016-11-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dmcnamara Posted at 2016-11-27 09:22
Nothing visible. I have put pressure on the t-connection that seems to cause problems for others a ...

From what it looks like, noting was missed. The North American Repair Center will get you up and running  in no time.
2016-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules