Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cleaning Mavic after flight in mist - possible salt in the air
1989 6 2016-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Homerlovesbeer
lvl.3

Australia

Hi all,
I went for an early morning flight at the beach this morning and there was a bit of mist around so when I landed I noticed the camera needed cleaning and there was moisture on the body in places.

How can I clean the Mavic as I know there must have been some salt in the air and I'd hate to have corrosion issues.

Cheers,
Homer
2016-11-25
Use props
Homerlovesbeer
lvl.3

Australia

@DJI-Ken any suggestions?

Thanks mate
2016-11-25
Use props
Great_Cookie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 391512 ft
Singapore

I'd be interested to know as well... Ever since I watched a couple a tear-down videos on YouTube I think flying through sea-spray/mist and sand would be the only time I'd consider leaving the Gimbal cover on.

The vent behind the camera seems to run straight through the Mavic but from what I've seen doesn't seem to be accessible unless you pretty much dismantle the Mavic altogether.

Just throwing it out there, but would a short bursts of compressed air (after the flight) be able to clear some of the debris from accumulating?

Good Luck!
2016-11-25
Use props
Nerds=Drones
lvl.3

United States

How about corrosion X?
2016-11-26
Use props
4wesomeAdam
Second Officer
United States

Carbonated water without preservatives or flavoring applied to the cloth for the body would be a gentle cleanser. I would think a lens cleaner from a camera store for the lens.
2016-11-26
Use props
Homerlovesbeer
lvl.3

Australia

What about around the gimbal?
2016-11-26
Use props
Homerlovesbeer
lvl.3

Australia

@DJI-Ken do you have any info on this?