Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Honda82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3109419 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi All
I have spent over a year trying every way to get LB2 to work, in conjunction with DJI dealer Heliguy in the UK
And the result is it simply has no reliability, this has been tested on.

1 Fully kitted DJI A2 S1000
3 Fully kitted A2 DJI S900
4 seperate gimbals Z15-GH4
4 seperate GH4 camera's
4 seperate LB2 systems
Multiple IOS and Android hi spec tablets

All firmware's up to their dates

All setting's have been tried, I now feel confident in saying that this hardware has some serious flaws that can not be resolved

So my question to DJI is are you looking to exchange everyones LB2 for a new working version of LB2? if you are making an updated, working LB2?

Or do we all simply have to chase our dealers for a refund?

Many thanks
2016-11-26
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Probably be a Lightbridge 2 Pro!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's how DJI deal with their duff equipment now, they ditch it and bring out a new product with all the fixes, after using us as Beta testers, call it something different, charge more money for it and stuff all those that have invested in the flawed stuff.

No point eMailing, you don't even get an acknowledgement. It doesn't matter how many of us do it, it's just more people being ignored.

I feel really sorry for the DJI dealers who have to bear the brunt of our problems after shelling out fortunes to become a reseller. My own particular Dealer is as scathing about DJI as most of their customers. Even warned me off the LB2, boy I wish I had listened!!!
2016-11-26
Use props
fans4b2b9372
lvl.2

Sri Lanka

I had an LB1 which I gave up on more than a year ago as it was clearly bleeding edge technology. Was thinking of getting a LB2 as I thought they would have sorted the issues out by now.

Would appreciate knowing what the issues are. Range, compatibility, etc ?
2016-11-26
Use props
Honda82
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans4b2b9372 Posted at 2016-11-27 07:24
I had an LB1 which I gave up on more than a year ago as it was clearly bleeding edge technology. Was ...

Hi Fans
The LB2 will come on sometimes, it can take multiple reboots before you have any live feed, then the connection will not last long, it will drop out/ lock up/ and completely loose connection.
We use recommended settings from DJI, all up to date firmware, the last but one firmware update made the live feed non existent, DJI release a fix this November 2016, But it is as bad as ever, probably worse
We use 2.4 and 5.8 frequency scanners to check the area's we work, some of these areas have been incredibly remote with no interference on the scanner, all wifi mobile phone features off, but we have had no results with LB2. We have tested and tested LB2 on a regular basis, with DJI recommendations along with our trials and other user recommendations, Luckily our supplier Heliguy are very helpful and will take our LB2's back, they have already exchanged 2 for CONNEX systems, I was holding out with the 2 I have left but now feel they will also need to be returned.

I just wish DJI would respectfully and honestly reply
2016-11-27
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans4b2b9372 Posted at 2016-11-27 07:24
I had an LB1 which I gave up on more than a year ago as it was clearly bleeding edge technology. Was ...

The issues are that you have to rely on DJI to decide when and if they are going to give it the functionality they said it would have. In theory, if it worked as advertised it has great potential. BUT IT DOES'NT!!
We spent six months waiting for DJI to fix the connectivity problems, which they have done now but at the expense of video quality. It does not fully integrate with the GH4 as advertised, only partial integration is possible. You will not be able to use Data Link pro as advertised, only if you have D-RTK at $4K!! In any case I don't think the GS is operational? SBus users get better functionality from the A3 so I would stick with that.
If I were doing this again I would go for A2, SBus and Animon and use Auto pilot instead of Go.
The A3 may have more processing power and more potential, but if there is no support, it's useless. To cap it all, there is now talk of a new LB2 which will probably go some way to improving the issues but where does that leave all of us who have had to endure these issues for months? We will have to buy another new product to get what we have already paid for?
It happened with M600, it's happening with X5 and it will happen with A3/LB2.

2016-11-27
Use props
fans4b2b9372
lvl.2

Sri Lanka

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2016-11-27 16:46
The issues are that you have to rely on DJI to decide when and if they are going to give it the fun ...

Appreciate  the heads up.

Not sure if you need PIP, but how could we get PIP functionality using Animon ?

Are you also referring to Autopilot from Autoflight Logic or another Autopilot ? Cant find
any reference to it support the A2 flight controller - only Inspire, Phantom, and now Mavic.

Thanks in advance
2016-11-27
Use props
Matty457
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4860725 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I like my LB2 A3 setup.

I always have to boot controller, boot S800, turn off controller, turn back on controller to get it to work.

I know this is potentially quite a dangerous practice but haven't been able to get around it.
2016-11-27
Use props
Honda82
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I went out yesterday, around 2 degrees, and on 3 zenmuse gh4 gimbals i have had to warm them up with a hair dryer so that the green light would come on, this doesn't help when you are still trying LB2, especially when it states -10 in the manual.
DJI, I am trying to get the LB2's working correctly. but now the winter has come I can't get the gimbal's (all 3) to stay on, do you have any comments that may help?
2016-12-3
Use props
Honda82
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OK, had a major shoot at Snowdon mountain in Wales with hollywood actor for major promotional shoot for the Welsh government (Cant say who as the welsh government is one of our clients)
Unfortunately the LB2 rig was a non starter, until I took the SRW-60G and adapted to the s900 rig, and i had not 1 drop out
DJI, I am willing to help out on any issues with your kit but i would like your response to help me progress changing my fleet to M600 pro's. PM me if you wish
I am the technical director of the largest event and media/Audio Visual company in Wales, I do like DJI kit, but would like a little more support, as I said, PM me if you would like help or more information

2016-12-19
Use props
t.rashid
New

United States

Lightbridge 2 in London

Hello all, looking for someone with Lightbridge 2 in London, UK.   Need to activate the DJI Onboard SDK for development work using the simulator.  But don't need lightbridge as I don't actually have an aircraft yet.

TR
for
Apellix
2016-12-22
Use props
t.rashid
New

United States

Should have said that my flight control computer is DJI A3
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

t.rashid Posted at 2016-12-23 02:35
Lightbridge 2 in London

Hello all, looking for someone with Lightbridge 2 in London, UK.   Need to activate the DJI Onboard SDK for development work using the simulator.  But don't need lightbridge as I don't actually have an aircraft yet.

From what I can tell, you may need to get Lightbridge for your aircraft:

https://developer.dji.com/onboar ... ck-start/index.html

Have you tried reaching out to dev@dji.com or looking at the Developer's Forum?
2016-12-22
Use props
t.rashid
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-23 07:22
From what I can tell, you may need to get Lightbridge for your aircraft:

https://developer.dji.com/onboard-sdk/documentation/quick-start/index.html

Thanks Jamie,  yes DJI Dev stated that activation via DJI assistant will be in a future release.  I have this question on the Dev forum as well.  Don't need LB2 because we will be embedded device control of the A3.  Would hate to be forced to buy a LB2 just to activate the SDK,  that would be a deal breaker for our industrial use case.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

t.rashid Posted at 2016-12-28 01:16
Thanks Jamie,  yes DJI Dev stated that activation via DJI assistant will be in a future release.  I have this question on the Dev forum as well.  Don't need LB2 because we will be embedded device control of the A3.  Would hate to be forced to buy a LB2 just to activate the SDK,  that would be a deal breaker for our industrial use case.

Good to hear you were able to get a better clarification. Whether you get Lightbridge 2 now or wait for activation to be made available via the Assistant 2 would be at your discretion.
2016-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules