1394 22 2015-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi to all on the forum. For those that are not aware, dearmass' inspire had a fly away for whatever reason and he posted his loss on the forum. Amazingly his bird was found by a guy who did some research and found and joined this forum. The finder is dronebutt. This guys honesty and decency deserve huge credit. Dronebutt does not have an inspire and my thought is to donate my forum credits and start a fund to buy him one from DJI. Please see the original post re lost inspire.If you are up for this please add your names on this post.
To DJI, is it possible to do this with our credits??   

2015-2-9
Use props
ftremblay.mf2cn
lvl.2

Canada

I will gladly donate my credit and more if possible. This is an axample of honesty. Lets recompensate this and hope that DJI will do what is just on that matter.
2015-2-9
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

If DJI doesn't want to get involved, and perhaps dronebutt isn't interested in having an Inspire, couldn't we just PayPal him a thank you of some kind?
2015-2-9
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This was dronebutt's response to the question "do you have your own inspire?"

"I do not own a drone, but as a nerd I have to admit I was drooling over it when I first looked it up a couple days ago. I probably wont be back here after this week, but a drone out of this family is definitely on my list of future purchases (ow that price tag)!

He seems keen.
2015-2-9
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

I will donate just because of his talent with drone forensics.  He deserves to have one of his own.
2015-2-9
Use props
dronebutt
lvl.1

United States

Wow, I appreciate the thought, but its not necessary. Dearmas has been kind enough to offer my friend and I a reward already, I think that'll do just fine.
2015-2-9
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Actually forensics is not the right term for what I meant.  I'm talking about your investigation to search for the owner and how you quickly  found out the flight path afterwards.  Good work if you ask me.

2015-2-9
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68555177 ft
  • >>>
United States

How do the forum credits work?
2015-2-9
Use props
max.kingsley
lvl.3

South Africa

I seriously feel I also want to donate towards a new Inspire 1 for Dronebutt
Please how can we?
2015-2-10
Use props
max.kingsley
lvl.3

South Africa

I see B&H has online Gift Cards from $20 all the way upwards...
Can we not utilize that?
2015-2-10
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Gets my support. You can have my credits.
2015-2-10
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have to say I expected a much better response than this. Come on Guys and Girls!!
2015-2-11
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

I also don't mind giving up my credits as well. Would be nice to here something from DJI as well..... Like someone said it would be a great story if they marketed it right as well....

MIke
2015-2-11
Use props
mrburns
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I'm up for this but do not have any DJI shop credits.

Can we set up a fundraiser such as justgiving.com.  we can then log on and donate via cards.
2015-2-15
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI please let us know one way or the other if we can do this with our credits.
2015-2-15
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Dave you are right.  But I would donate cash.  This is the material world and money matters.  But the Inspire owners here reckon integrity matters even more.   If everyone who saw that original post donated just a few dollars, multiple clicks accounted for, I bet Dronebutt would be flying by now.  
2015-2-15
Use props
drick1804
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6371 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Guys, not here to break this bubble but who is going to audit and maintain the integrity of this sort of collection?? I'm sure everyone would like these "donations" to land to the right person and not someone who may profit from this exercise.

Apologies for being wary. The world is no longer what it use to be.
2015-2-15
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Drick! Have some faith man!    You are dealing with UAV hobbyists!  We are honorable.  We do not steal money from a fund for such a noble cause.   I see your point about people in general. Maybe that is why Dave is trying to do the credit thing.  Just saying that I am up for cash and if I lose my input well at least we tried.
2015-2-15
Use props
kevinlutch
lvl.1

Canada

I would donate as well. Good deed, and I would want to be this lucky if this happened to me an my beautiful Inspire. Please share specifics as to how to donate.
2015-2-15
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks to all who are supporting this idea. I suggest that we will give it a few more days hoping to get a response from someone at dji regarding whether we can do this with credits or not. DJI PLEASE RESPOND.
If the answer is no then the answer is no but please let us know dji.
drick1804 your comments are very valid and sadly the world isn't what it used to be. I think that that is part of the reason that dronebutts actions have impressed so much. If we have to do this with cash or a combination of credits and cash, I am sure we can do it properly and fairly if we get our heads together.
2015-2-16
Use props
Muscadel
lvl.3

South Africa

Dave E Posted at 2015-2-16 17:43
Thanks to all who are supporting this idea. I suggest that we will give it a few more days hoping to ...

Dave, I agree
Even if we each donate a little cash at a store that actually carry Inspires.  THERE HAS TO BE A WAY
2015-2-16
Use props
Muscadel
lvl.3

South Africa

Muscadel Posted at 2015-2-16 20:13
Dave, I agree
Even if we each donate a little cash at a store that actually carry Inspires.  THERE ...

Actually, come on DJI!
If you have the recourses to get Mythbusters involved, how difficult can this be as a PR project?

THIS IS THE VERY FABRIC OF THE PRODUCT!
2015-2-16
Use props
andi.witech
lvl.1

Denmark

Im in! that guy deserves a inspire! if not possible from dji there must be a website that allows people to raise money for something?
gogetfunding.com or https://www.kickstarter.com maybe?
2015-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules