123Next >
4225 80 2016-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

I like to tell that most fly away over long distance and at different heights could be cause by thermal wind gust from the ground up and as high up to 8000 meters mostly range around 5000 meter to 6000 thousand meter and if your craft is caught into this thermal wind gust your in deep problems because there are pilot that use this for altitude advantages which mostly are gliders.   This phenomenon is tricky because you cannot see this with your own eyes, and in a state where you do not have one particular bird in the sky which is the volture it uses these winds to gain altitude. In the beaches seagulls uses this wind thermal current that moves in a tornado form.
http://www.fearofflying.com/flightsupport/turbulence.shtml
https://www.aviationweather.gov
  that beeping sound is telling you about thermal wind and this is a phenomenon that could push you up as high ast 5000 to 8000 meters so if your mavic is caught bye bye mavic it will be pull in and adios for miles and miles of travel.

2016-11-27
Use props
DJI LA Support
Captain

United States

Closed. This thread got ridiculous...
2016-11-27
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Another possibility is you flew through a Chemtrail. Something else to be wary of when flying your Mavic!
2016-11-27
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

If I see one more 'vlog', I think I will scream.
2016-11-27
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Could the fact that you were standing under a concrete and steel arch construction be a contributing factor?
2016-11-27
Use props
bigcheese
lvl.2
Flight distance : 403304 ft
Germany

this is all ironic, correct?
i mean, wind gust ok, but always with disconnect of controller?
thats completl bulls****
and obly mavic afected? no other drones? c'mon
2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

bigcheese Posted at 2016-11-27 18:37
this is all ironic, correct?
i mean, wind gust ok, but always with disconnect of controller?
thats c ...

What ever you say buddy, but you have no idea what a airplane weather instruments..... Ok please if you have no solid information to back up your comment don't write at all please, there is a door for people like you, its called Trolls exit right the hell out of this thread....
2016-11-27
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I would try it again but over farm land and calibrate everything but not near lampposts metal railings and concrete structures with reinforcing. Make sure it's on a level surface when calibrating and if your problem still persists send it back.
2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Logger Posted at 2016-11-27 17:56
Another possibility is you flew through a Chemtrail. Something else to be wary of when flying your M ...

Irrelevant towards what your talking here another Trolls there is an exit door its called exit this door trolls.
2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

sanuk Posted at 2016-11-27 18:05

don't scream complain to the sales dept like I did and I got my drone.
2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

rick39 Posted at 2016-11-27 18:37
Could the fact that you were standing under a concrete and steel arch construction be a contributing ...

The person in this video is not me I would never take my drone beyond visual sight and if I do I check first with flight  meteorology first before sending my drone far beyond its range. Just because your drone could fly beyond 2 miles does not mean its ok it has that capacity range in order to have fluid connection and video fluid connection of your drone, not to take it on a flight expedition beyond its limits.
2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Warrior200 Posted at 2016-11-27 18:57
I would try it again but over farm land and calibrate everything but not near lampposts metal railin ...

DUDE THE PERSON IN THAT VIDEO IS NOT ME  I am posting this because i am seeing  lots of cry babies complaining about fly away and its not the drones fault, it could be but its mostly human stupidity error because they are clueless about flight weather conditions and we are not talking about your local temperature weather we talking about thermal wind gust, Jet streams, and many other factors that involves in flight checking your aircraft, but flight checking weather flying condition which at 400 meters you could find yourself in a bit of a trouble if you do not understand thermal wind gust.
2016-11-27
Use props
bigcheese
lvl.2
Germany

watuse, do you have a mavic? then it will be very interesting if yours suddenly fly away...
it seems that younare the expert here...
i am still patient and waiting for my mavic and praying that dji fix the problems.
and i believe there are problems...
i know in a forum mostly bad experiences are postet, so hopefully a wrong picture of the reality-but i am not sure whe i receive my mavic if i should teally launch her....
dont call me troll...
i try to be constructive not destructive.
but it seems that you want to say: it is always pilot error, and dji have perfect hw and software... sorry this is only YOUR opinion... ask the experienced guys which have plenty of dji drones before and even then fly aways.
2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

bigcheese Posted at 2016-11-27 19:07
watuse, do you have a mavic? then it will be very interesting if yours suddenly fly away...
it seems ...

I do have a mavic and I have and hopefully would not encounter this kind of problem because I check flight weather forecast and plus I have a bird called the vulture that shows me where there are powerful thermal wind gust, so yes sorry that your still waiting for your mavic but my mavic flies perfectly, and I never try to record or even fly my craft beyond visual sight which already at 2 miles I cannot see it unless I am using the phone screen which i do not have any intentions of recording footages beyond 2 miles which I have but I do not like to because I do not see the purpose for it. I do say that you should check flight weather forcast  before taking your craft up in the air, and of coarse check your craft before taking it up in the air.
2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

it seems ...

Oh and by the way its not my opinion its scientific proof opinion sorry, but you could have all kinds of drones under your belt but if this happen to be new to you should not be shock if you get a fly away... The problem with this is that the mavic has some technology that if you leave it hovering its stay hovering but if its being force by a thermal wind pulling it up you would get all kinds of irradiate reading on the GPS and barometric pressure reading altitude mix reading etc etc..
2016-11-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Logger Posted at 2016-11-27 04:56
Another possibility is you flew through a Chemtrail. Something else to be wary of when flying your M ...

Or, the mavic bounced off a cloaked ufo?
2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

it seems ...

2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-11-27 19:28
Or, the mavic bounced off a cloaked ufo?

yeah ok that too hahahahahahahahahah but look at what happens at 300 meters high with paragliding and that beeping sound is when its long its a strong thermal wind and its would pull your butt into oblivion

2016-11-27
Use props
Margleman
lvl.2

United Kingdom

All I can say is 'good save'!
2016-11-27
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

sanuk Posted at 2016-11-27 10:05

Narcissism is cool now, it's the look look-at-me generation. I don't blame them, the world around them has seriously messed a whole generation of people.
2016-11-27
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Logger Posted at 2016-11-27 09:56

Or it could be strange updrafts caused by the dome, you don't want to be flying into that
2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAA ALMOST LOST IT THERE

2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-11-27 19:35
Or it could be strange updrafts caused by the dome, you don't want to be flying into that

TELL ME ABOUT IT look how lucky this guy was when flying over water.

2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

sanuk Posted at 2016-11-27 18:05

You should thank Casey neistat for poisoning youtube with his movement of a generation that wants to make money while talking about their crappy life.......
2016-11-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-11-27 06:33
yeah ok that too hahahahahahahahahah but look at what happens at 300 meters high with paragliding  ...

I agree with your wind theories, a couple of weeks ago I was flying my mavic, there was no wind what so ever, you could here a pin drop. I took off with the mavic, straight up, at around 2 hundred feet I noticed the mavic was wobbling, you could here the motors struggling to hold its position then it started to drift away at a high rate of speed. I started to bring her back down, after about 20 feet it calmed down. Up I go again at 2 hundred feet same wobbling and loss of control. So the moral of the story is you never know what the winds are doing up above.
2016-11-27
Use props
Shill Slayer
lvl.2

United States

watuse Posted at 2016-11-27 06:04
DUDE THE PERSON IN THAT VIDEO IS NOT ME  I am posting this because i am seeing  lots of cry babies ...

Speaking of human stupidity why do you post these nonsensical theories?  "Thermal updrafts" have NOTHING to do with a Mavic losing RC connection, satellite lock, dropping to ATTI mode, or failing to respond to controls or RTH commands.   
2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Shill Slayer Posted at 2016-11-27 21:03
Speaking of human stupidity why do you post these nonsensical theories?  "Thermal updrafts" have N ...

Hey Shill if you do not know crap about flight system and it does not matter if it is a quad or a plane with wings you would definitely have a drift of thermal wind sucking up the craft out of your reach and hope that it does not goes crazy affecting the barometric instrument of your craft because that could cause for it to lose compass and other crazy things why you think the mavic is so stable even if you push it with your hands it will drift back to the same stop it is hovering.... It does not need to have wings just the air that the propellers push to create lift is enough for a thermal wind to use that to lift your craft into a tumbling thermal tornado wind drift...... Listen to R&L he is explaining something that could occur with no wind at all it does not need to have wings.... you could take a plastic bag and if catches this thermal wind gust it would fly as high as 5000 meters.
2016-11-27
Use props
Shill Slayer
lvl.2

United States

watuse Posted at 2016-11-27 08:34
Hey Shill if you do not know crap about flight system and it does not matter if it is a quad or a  ...

If you find time while playing Xbox in mom's basement calculate the airflow required over a Mavic's tiny airfoils (propellers) to produce sufficient lift just to hover.  These thermal up drafts you have discovered.  Are they on Uranus or Neptune where wind speeds approach 1000 mph?  You need to focus on Pizza deliveries & leave the science to scientists...

2016-11-27
Use props
bigcheese
lvl.2
Germany

i could live with the theory id connection would remain stable... have nothing to do with windy conditions no matter in which direction... or if software cant deal with changes in baro and wobbling and drifting them it would be a bug to be fixed.... time will show
2016-11-27
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

Thermal wind. A lot of paragliders use this. It doesn't stop GPS and RC from working, nor does it mess with the compass. The Mavic can also fly at 45mph (sport mode) so thats about 37knts or an F7 on the Beaufort scale which is pretty much verging on gale conditions.

I can see why people whos drones are caught in this think it might not be responding as normal, but it would still respond. Add to the fact the Mavic is relatively low drag. Thermal winds at F7 will not stop the Mavic from falling like a brick if the motors are shut off.
2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Mikedefieslife Posted at 2016-11-27 23:17
Thermal wind. A lot of paragliders use this. It doesn't stop GPS and RC from working, nor does it me ...

Thank you at least you are giving some insightful theories, but what if that craft is let say 3 km away and your behind some trees and or worst behind a wall like 4 meters from that wall you could lose connection....
2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Shill Slayer Posted at 2016-11-27 21:59
If you find time while playing Xbox in mom's basement calculate the airflow required over a Mavic' ...

Like if you know so much about flight weather conditions, so much that it sounds like Uranus is up in your head and you cannot live with out your xbox controller.........
2016-11-27
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

I find it difficult to believe thermals would be responsible for lost Mavics.

A thermal is a relatively narrow column of rising air, it's the reason you see gliders and parasails making tight turns to stay within the thermal. Traveling horizontally any direction would quickly take you out of the thermal. Since thermals are rising columns of warm air they're not as common in the winter, certainly not as strong.

Convergence, colliding air masses, mountain wave and rotor would be more common this time of year.  Theses conditions will be less isolated and much stronger than a thermal.

If a thermal or strong weather overcomes the ability of the drones ability to maintain control it would show up as a dramatic increase or decrease in altitude.

There's a great app called "windy," it's free and provides a clear picture of winds aloft, direction and air masses.
2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Mooney Posted at 2016-11-27 23:30

A thermal is a relat ...

Thank you for this, its just that I went up to a mountain peak it was 2000 meter plus high took off from the peak and at 300 meters above the peak at a 200 meter distance of what I was filming all of sudden I had my mavic do some drifting and was not able to respond to the sticks and then i had some jitter image on my phone and I immediately knew something was wrong so I hit the return home button and it started to return but with hard time to get out of what seem some sort of hard wind, that day on the top of the peak it was calm no wind at all since then I have been researching why this happen and i even spoke to a pilot who flies gyrocopters and he told me that was probably a thermal wind gust that pull the craft out of control. But I am sure something was not right that time and since then I have been flying it again and nothing like this has occurred.
2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Mooney Posted at 2016-11-27 23:30

A thermal is a relat ...

2016-11-27
Use props
Shill Slayer
lvl.2

United States

watuse Posted at 2016-11-27 10:49
Thank you for this, its just that I went up to a mountain peak it was 2000 meter plus high took of ...

If you are flying along a mountain Ridge there is naturally some uplift as the air is forced upwards over the terrain.  This is the same thing that happens with water approaches the shore.  But it isn't going to push your Mavic thousands of feet higher,  nor is it going to cause a loss of signal, GPS reception, or massive barometer fluctuations.  Further most people aren't flying along mountain ridges.  

2016-11-27
Use props
Shill Slayer
lvl.2

United States

watuse Posted at 2016-11-27 10:29
Like if you know so much about flight weather conditions, so much that it sounds like Uranus is up ...

Fess up dude.  Last night you were watching Buck Rogers, became enfatuated with Wilma's ridges, & thermal uplift became your word dujour.
2016-11-27
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I Used to fly rc gliders many years ago along the tops of mountains and along the coast and I've never had my glider climb 1000 feet and disappear.
2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Shill Slayer Posted at 2016-11-28 01:15
If you are flying along a mountain Ridge there is naturally some uplift as the air is forced upwar ...

Darthtroll your thermal wind up your butt is your dark side coming out
2016-11-27
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Shill Slayer Posted at 2016-11-28 01:17
Fess up dude.  Last night you were watching Buck Rogers, became enfatuated with Wilma's ridges, & ...

No troll I was no infatuated by wilma but I am really concern with you trolling here do not have a pilot license or have no irrelevant scientific proof here.
2016-11-27
Use props
Shill Slayer
lvl.2

United States

watuse Posted at 2016-11-27 13:48
Darthtroll your thermal wind up your butt is your dark side coming out

How long have you had this enfatuation with male hineys?  I'd appreciate  it if you would keep your proclivities to yourself.  Thank you.
2016-11-27
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules