My Mavic can't focus properly 80% of the time :(
1139 4 2016-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse7522c50
lvl.1

Italy

Hello, i'm having several problems with my new mavic...
- android 3.1.0 app disconnects and i lose video feed, can still fly (rc works). If this happens i have to move to another place and everything works again. First couple times i got this my Mavic initiated RTH, another time it was overing 3m high and i feared i had to wait for low battery landing. May this be interference related?
- i get unexplicable errors: battery error, gimbal motor overload out of nowhere, of course i removed the gimbal protection...

But the most annoying one:
- horrible soft focus, this drives me crazy... yes i tap on screen, yes i set focus to iinfinity, yes i tried MF, yes i defaulted, refreshed fw, recalibrated everything (IMU, Compass, front/belly cameras). At close range focus works well, but when i lift off and fly, let's say 30m high, there's no way to get focus right, no tap, no C1, no manual tuning in MF... sometimes it just happens, and from there on pictures and videos look like the footage i see online.

I'm including a couple pictures, one bad one good

Hope someone can help me out, i'd hate to RMA it after waiting so long

https://goo.gl/photos/A6AdEnjav7rBRY8s9  good one
https://goo.gl/photos/LHQPtziZ9joq5Myu9  bad one
I also have great looking videos and some very ugly ones...

2016-11-27
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

well im really sorry to hear that mate. But This looks to be a common problem.
That is what happens when they rush the assembly line and they dont even properly test the drones before sending them for delivery.

You might need to send it back to fix this issue.
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We really understand how frustrated it must be, as you mentioned, you have done troubleshooting, but the issue persists.
Sorry to tell you it needs to be sent in then get it fixed.
Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to support@dji.com and include the following information, we'll create a case for you:
SN:
Brief Description of your Issue:
Full Name:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Link to your case on Forum:
2016-11-28
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Curious where the 80% statistic came from... What is this based on?
2016-11-28
Use props
Mike9055
lvl.1

Italy

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-28 20:06
Curious where the 80% statistic came from... What is this based on?

it is based on the 4GB folder of digital garbage i collected in these first days, now it would be close to 95%, because in almost 2 weeks, only during one flight i could get nice picture/video quality, and not even the whole flight, it started bad than suddenly it was perfect, was never able to figure how and why...
2016-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules