Livestreaming with Androids?
1076 8 2016-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JOAKIMGR
New

Norway

Is it possible? How? I have the Phantom 3, and looking into buying a Osmo+, but one of my main applications is livestreaming to Youtube and Facebook. But that does not seem to work with my Android phone?

I have a Huawei P9, and a Samsung Note 3.
If the livestreaming isnt available yet, when will it be?

Thanks
Joakim
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

No, it's not possible. Because livestreaming requires wifi and cellular network working at the same time. Only iPhones can do this.
2016-11-28
Use props
JOAKIMGR
New

Norway

Would it be possible to work around that issue with a USBcable connected between the phone and the controller?
2016-11-28
Use props
JOAKIMGR
New

Norway

Previous comment, between the phone abd Phantom controller, as far as I know there is no option for USBcable to phone on the Osmo
2016-11-28
Use props
cderrington
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621798 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-28 02:49
No, it's not possible. Because livestreaming requires wifi and cellular network working at the same  ...

My Samsung S6 Edge Plus can live stream to Youtube, and Facebook with the FB app, and a Samsung camera add-on from their app store.
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

cderrington Posted at 2016-11-30 05:25
My Samsung S6 Edge Plus can live stream to Youtube, and Facebook with the FB app, and a Samsung ca ...

I mean in the case of Osmo, only iPhone can do that. Because Osmo occupies the wifi connection.
2016-11-29
Use props
JOAKIMGR
New

Norway

I dont get why it should be an issue, since the Androids are perfectly fine and capable of sharing cellular with a computer, another phone or a tablet over wifi as a hotspot.

Would there be possible for the app to make use of this some time?
2016-12-2
Use props
Abgemeldet
lvl.1

Switzerland

"Hello cerin2209, our developers are working for it. Keep your eyes on the app markets and our official website"
- DJI-Paladin 2016-6-27

You sold a lot of P4's with this promise. And I dont really get why a P4 should use wifi as i fly with no wifi devies. And even if it would, it should work.
2016-12-15
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

JOAKIMGR Posted at 2016-12-3 00:46
I dont get why it should be an issue, since the Androids are perfectly fine and capable of sharing cellular with a computer, another phone or a tablet over wifi as a hotspot.

Would there be possible for the app to make use of this some time?

Well, let me put it this way:
- Your Android device, when used with OSMO, will connect to the OSMO via Wi-Fi and therefor your device will "think" it's connected to an internet source and disabling your 4G modem. So your Wi-Fi will work as a receiver.
- Since you got no connection to the internet you can't stream anything.
- When you use your phone as a hotspot your Wi-Fi module becomes a transmitter and will be used just for other devices to be connected to your Android device. So your 4G modem will be let enabled therefor you can use your internet on your phone and on the connected devices.
- The situation changes when we are talking about IOS devices, the IOS know how to handle simultaneous use of Wi-Fi and 4G:
- When you are connected to the OSMO via Wi-Fi, the OS will sense it's not connected to internet and will use the 4G.

Hope it makes sense...

I just saw there is a new version of the app on Play Store that apparently supports live streaming somehow. WIll test it when my OSMO returns from DJI on Monday.
2016-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules