1705 4 2016-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sonduren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86345 ft
Canada

So I have started a ticket with DJI.

My Mavic is having serious soft focus problems. All on the left hand side of the image. Yes I have focused with tap to focus on and center focus. It is worse at time I feel like and other times it is bearable depending on scene etc.
Here is an example of the footage:

Mavic is completly up to date, and was one of the first batches to come out.

For everyone else with this problem, I assume it is a hardware defect from the factory and thus had to be RMA'd?

So annoying that I am going to Thailand in a few weeks only to have to bring a defective drone with me with soft focus
2016-11-27
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

Sorry, but not really seeing it in that clip.  There have definitely been worse ones posted.
2016-11-27
Use props
Sonduren
lvl.2
United States

Petroboy Posted at 2016-11-27 22:08
Sorry, but not really seeing it in that clip.  There have definitely been worse ones posted.

Really? Look top left of mid left of the frame!
I have so many more shots where it is painfully obvious.
2016-11-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

After received your drone, our engineers will evaluate it to see if it's manufacturing defects.
Hopefully you'll be back in the air very soon.
2016-11-29
Use props
Sonduren
lvl.2
Canada

Thank you Mindy. It's disappointing that this past quality control testing. A huge reason for buying the DJI mavic Pro and pre-ordering it like I did for my trip to Thailand December 9th. After speaking with a gentleman on the phone it does not seem like there is enough time to get a new mavic in my hands. I will have to proceed with the RMA after my trip. This was my first experience of DJI and I know stuff can happen which falls through the cracks but paying nearly 2000 Canadian dollars for a product I would have hoped it went through rigorous quality control. Will provide updates love my RMA process once I get back
2016-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules