Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 vs Phantom 4 Professional – A Specification Comparison
18197 18 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Phantom 4 vs Phantom 4 Professional – A Specification Comparison
On November 15th, DJI announced two new products in LA, the Inspire 2 and the Phantom 4 Professional.

The Inspire 2, the most powerful all-in-one filmmaking drone on the market to date, improves on everything that made the Inspire 1 so great for professionals.

DJI’s Phantom series drones are the most popular commercial drones all over the world, for professionals and hobbyists alike. The Phantom 4 Professional is an aircraft you can trust with a brilliant camera and the intelligence to get the shots you need.

The Phantom 4 Professional is the first DJI drone with 360° obstacle avoidance (front and back optical sensors and left and right infrared sensors), and it sports a 1-inch sensor camera that takes 20 megapixel stills. Additionally, it has a mechanical shutter that helps eliminate rolling shutter effect. A higher capacity battery also allows you to fly longer than the original Phantom 4. These improvements, among others, make the Phantom 4 Professional markedly more advanced than its predecessor.

Below, you’ll find a spec comparison table that shows some technical differences between the P4 and P4P.

Comparison between P4 and P4P -1.png Comparison between P4 and P4P -2.png Comparison between P4 and P4P -3.png Comparison between P4 and P4P -4.png

Thank you for reading! Let us know if you have any additional questions.

2016-11-28
Use props
Grizz 1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

under the GPS mode above, what does the AGPS mean ?
2016-11-28
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351575 ft
United States

Wow. i need to get one these! DJI, ill take on if you need someone to help test these
2016-11-28
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351575 ft
United States

Grizz 1 Posted at 2016-11-28 18:03

its assisted GPS, i beleive that means that it utilizes cell towers for gps triangulation in addition to satellites. Most new phones use a-gps.
2016-11-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Grizz 1 Posted at 2016-11-29 07:03

Just as Bilzc10 mentioned, AGPS means "Assisted Global Positioning System".
2016-11-28
Use props
MrTwinCity
New

United States

Can Phantom 4 Intelligent Batteries be used in the Phantom 4 Pro?
2016-11-28
Use props
henryk86
lvl.1

Germany

MrTwinCity Posted at 2016-11-29 05:08
Can Phantom 4 Intelligent Batteries be used in the Phantom 4 Pro?

Yes. DJI already confirmed this.
2016-11-28
Use props
Joshua Carlton
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24094 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-28 18:37
Just as Bilzc10 mentioned, AGPS means "Assisted Global Positioning System".

awesome! Thanks
2016-11-29
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Grizz 1 Posted at 2016-11-28 23:03

I think it means that when you first power the aircraft on, instead of it taking up to 12.5 minutes to download the satellite orbital information from the GPS satellites before you can obtain an accurate GPS location so that you can set the Home Point before take off, the Go App can now download it from the internet via your phone/tablet mobile connection, pass it to the aircraft and you can have the home point set even before the IMU has warmed up.  

So no more scary issues where the aircraft runs low on power and then heads off home to your previous flight location because you took off at your new location before the GPS had started up.  Normally this is only a problem on a first flight after not flying for a week, since if you make regular flights the GPS receiver will always have up to date satellite data anyway.   Of course it needs mobile internet access to do it, so it wont work everywhere, still a good idea to power the aircraft up outside at home until it sets the home point before setting out for the day if you haven't flown for a while.
2016-11-29
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nigel_ Posted at 2016-11-29 08:50
I think it means that when you first power the aircraft on, instead of it taking up to 12.5 minute ...

If your aircraft takes 12.5 minutes to get a GPS fix then there must be something wrong with it. The home point is only recorded when sufficient satellites available.

As said above AGPS uses the phone cell signals to triangulate and provides additional navigation information to be used alongside the GPS. In areas where there is no mobile signal then it's purely GPS dependant.

And you only need to set the home point where you are flying.

2016-11-29
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2016-11-29 12:08
If your aircraft takes 12.5 minutes to get a GPS fix then there must be something wrong with it. T ...

If it can't see many satellites or there are a lot of buildings about causing reflected signals then it can take some time to get a fix, not often as long as 12.5 minutes but I have wanted to take off with the P4 before it's set it's home position on a number of occasions.

AGPS does not triangulate phone signals, it only gets position information from the GPS satellites and works exactly like normal GPS except that startup is much faster due to it being able to access the satellite orbital information from the internet instead of having to wait for the GPS satellites to transmit it all at very low bitrates.

A decent summery: http://gpssystems.net/agps/
2016-11-29
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nigel_ Posted at 2016-11-29 17:42
If it can't see many satellites or there are a lot of buildings about causing reflected signals th ...

Apologies, as mentioned in that description I had confused it with the cell-phone triangulation which companies use to approximate phone position

I usually fly in the middle of nowhere, sometimes struggling to get a mobile signal let-alone 3G/4G.
2016-11-29
Use props
Somnium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 888819 ft
Sweden

Sad, that I just bought P4 and after a couple weeks we meet new P4P that is better at all... So I will use my P4 and have a dream to change it to P4P...
2016-11-29
Use props
Swedrone
Captain
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Aardvark Posted at 2016-11-29 13:08
If your aircraft takes 12.5 minutes to get a GPS fix then there must be something wrong with it. T ...

The Phantom also caches the satellites if you flown in that area before.
2016-11-30
Use props
PhantomPhil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

Nigel_ Posted at 2016-11-29 17:42
If it can't see many satellites or there are a lot of buildings about causing reflected signals th ...

The P4P+ will not be connected to the internet to access satellite orbital information - so how would AGPS work for the P4P+ in this scenario?
2016-11-30
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
United Kingdom

PhantomPhil Posted at 2016-11-30 23:14
The P4P+ will not be connected to the internet to access satellite orbital information - so how wo ...

Your phone/tablet will need to be connected to the internet, then the Go App can pass the satellite data to the aircraft when the aircraft requests it.   If you don't have an internet connection then it will have to resort to standard GPS and scan the GPS frequencies to find some satellites and then wait for the satellites to send the orbital data, it needs to know the satellite positions before it can triangulate it's own position.
2016-12-1
Use props
PhantomPhil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

Nigel_ Posted at 2016-12-1 10:48
Your phone/tablet will need to be connected to the internet, then the Go App can pass the satellit ...

Thanks for your reply Nigel. With the P4P+ the display is integral with the remote controller/transmitter, there is no need to connect your phone/tablet to it.  As far as I'm aware its not possible to download and run the Go App but you use the application built into the firmware of the P4P+ remote which can be updated from the DJi servers. I am not sure whether it is possible to connect phone/tablet to it while flying the P4P+ in any case - does anyone know?
2016-12-1
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
United Kingdom

PhantomPhil Posted at 2016-12-1 13:28
Thanks for your reply Nigel. With the P4P+ the display is integral with the remote controller/tran ...

The integral display is optional, I assume that it is basically a preconfigured Android tablet which can be tethered to your mobile phone like any other tablet, otherwise it is going to have difficulty accessing maps, no fly zone info and updates!    Unless it has a mobile phone SIM slot?
2016-12-1
Use props
KRR
New

Thailand

What about the storage of 16G Is there recording with no Card?
2016-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules