Should I laugh or Cry - Heliguy
2904 28 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
osruss
lvl.3
Flight distance : 267316 ft
United Kingdom

I ordered from Heliguy a very reputable top DJI drone supplier in the UK on the 13th Oct.
I called today to chase down my pre-order to try and get some idea when I might see my Mavic Pro.

What number am I in the queue I asked, number 235 I was told. Wow thats a lot I thought, but not if Heliguys are getting the stock.
Ok, asking, have you recieved any stock yet. Just small amount I was told.
OK, what stock will you be getting in next, we are due another 15 units next week he replyed.

I did laugh thinking maybe I didn't hear that right, then is dawned on me. (knowing DJI have really only just started shipping) at 15x units per week I won't get it before xmas and at that rate could be March by the time I get my hands on it. This is where the crying bit comes in.

Maybe I should have ordered from more than one source, but either way waiting what will be over 3 months for an item which was put on sale months ago, is something I can't belive any company would let happen.

Helliguy are a really good Company to deal with, But DJI do make me wonder why I do it. I went though the same thing with the Inspire 1 which I still own, thought I would have learnt my lesson by now.

2016-11-28
Use props
VisualAltitude
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43914 ft
Sweden

It's the same at every supplier i talked to,
I ordered mine on sep 29 from a large european DJI supplier,
they have so far not received a single mavic....
They say it's a disaster, they dont get any info from DJI and the customers are going crazy {:4_142:}
2016-11-28
Use props
DebianDog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 448632 ft
United States

Yep B&H Photo told me the same thing.  I per-ordered release day and just got mine this weekend
2016-11-28
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

Just got off the phone with Best Buy and they tell me the manufacturer keeps changing the release date. It is now showing Dec 31st, 2016!

So I will ask again why DJI do you send mavics to Apple stores for walk ins and NOT fill the pre-orders that were placed for pre-order on a first come first serve basis? I ordered on Sept 28th, that means I have a wait of 2.5 months?
2016-11-28
Use props
Spridal
lvl.2
United States

The Best Buy here in the US shipped Mavic's last week. I just received mine this afternoon.
2016-11-28
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

IMO it's best just to order from DJI directly rather than a 3rd party. Especially for something that's a pre-order. In general it tends to always take longer to get a product from a 3rd party than from the source. I'm sure you'll get yours soon though. They must be ramping up production now. Too bad the Karma is kind of dead as that would have given DJI real incentive to pull out all the stops. Good luck
2016-11-28
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mikedefieslife Posted at 2016-11-28 22:32
IMO it's best just to order from DJI directly rather than a 3rd party. Especially for something that ...

Unless something goes wrong then your UK dealer will be very helpful.
I'd stick with your order, it's hard to believe production won't be gradually increasing and no doubt quite a few are cancelling until Spring.
2016-11-28
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

As annoying as it is, I was able to walk into an Apple store a week ago and pick one up. Since you already have an Inspire I would probably just cancel and wait until the Mavic 2 which I would imaging would be released in October of next year...
2016-11-28
Use props
Camolin
lvl.2
Germany

Got the same info from 2 German suppliers. 0-10 units came in from the original 2 orders of 600/600 (300 normal, 300 combo each)
2016-11-28
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
Canada

Mikedefieslife Posted at 2016-11-28 17:32
IMO it's best just to order from DJI directly rather than a 3rd party. Especially for something that ...

So refreshing to read a post from someone with common sense.

2016-11-28
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

Mikedefieslife Posted at 2016-11-29 06:32

Sure, I have been waiting patiently, but when they ship product to Apple stores for walk-ins instead of the pre-orders, this makes no sense to your statement as they got product to a 3rd party in the same city as me for walk in orders. My order says December 31st release date, yup ramping up production!
2016-11-28
Use props
fans9a1ac4d9
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Well order from a third party if that third party is involved in the release function. As you can guarantee that third party already had there order in before ur allowed to make and order.
2016-11-28
Use props
fans960b109d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791736 ft
New Zealand

VisualAltitude Posted at 2016-11-29 08:36
It's the same at every supplier i talked to,
I ordered mine on sep 29 from a large european DJI supp ...

Im way down in new zealand and ordered 29 through a supplier.....received a week ago....is there no order to shipping?? Was i lucky i didnt order of dji direct? Im telling u though its so worth the wait!!!! If u can...hear of lots of problems on hia but mines working like a dream! Lucky?
2016-11-29
Use props
RJM316
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Well sorry to burst your bubble and ruin your xmas but I'm also on the Heliguy pre order waiting list and I ordered mine on 27 Sep!  Im a whole 2 weeks ahead of you and I don't expect mine before xmas.  Heliguy are a fantastic company.  They offer first class customer service and run an excellent website.  They can only apologise for the continued delay, its not their fault but they have to do it.  Ive had a few emails from them updating me on things but I'm no nearer in receiving my Mavic.  In the mean time DJI are releasing came after camera, an inspire 2, a phantom 4 pro, a new app, a new matrice pro, countless accessories and are firing out product updates on things but have offered no information on the Mavic since 03/11/16.  Thats unacceptable.  DJI dealers are clearly not receiving the support they deserve.  They are being treated the same way as us, the consumer, and are being fed little or no info.  This isn't good enough.  DJI have failed its customers.  I don't care what anyone says, this release was rushed and unplanned from the start.  They got wind of the Karma and wanted to head them off and stifle its release.  Simple as that.  I would bet that manufacturing had probably not even begun when it was released and this none sense about pre orders being higher than expected is just an excuse to explain the mess they are in.  If preorders are so high then why are units being shipped in bulk to stores for off the shelf purchasing?  Surely all shipments should be sent out to meet the "unprecedented" amount of pre orders?  I ordered the day after the release and I'm still waiting.  I have no idea when my order will be here.  In the mean time I have bought the Yuneec Typhoon H, terrible drone, and I continue to use my phantom 4 and my Inspire 1 Pro.  I can accept delays.  I can accept products need refining, issues arise during manufacturing and radical new tech is going to attract higher than normal orders but what I can't accept and what I won't accept is being continually misled, fobbed off and basically lied to by DJI.
2016-11-29
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

70challenger Posted at 2016-11-29 06:43
Sure, I have been waiting patiently, but when they ship product to Apple stores for walk-ins inste ...

Remember the OP is in the UK. There have not been any walk ins in the UK. So far those who have ordered direct have faired better.

I do appreciate the situation might be very different in North America though.
2016-11-30
Use props
MsSea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30344 ft
United States

Chaser720 Posted at 2016-11-28 19:10

How??? While, in most cases, it may be better to order directly from the manufacturer than a reseller this clearly isn't the case with DJI. Many people who ordered from Apple and Newegg have received their orders before those who ordered earlier from DJI. Even I (a person who never even preordered) was able to pick up TWO Mavics at Apple while those who preordered with DJI are STILL waiting. I'm just saying, in DJI's case that isn't common sense advice. But I will agree that ordering from "small scale" resellers probably isn't a good idea.
2016-11-30
Use props
sanuk
lvl.4
Australia

Imagine if Apple followed the same manufacturing and release schedule as DJI for their new iPhones. It would be chaos.

Instead, I think Apple wait until their contract manufacturers have produced a LOT of phones, and then stagger the retail release of the product, often by country/region.

I guess DJI don't have much experience in manufacturing 'hit' products in volume. Hopefully they have learnt something from the Mavic experience.
2016-11-30
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

One problem leads to another.

Let's say you made 10,000 widgets and while your excited about the product however you'd like more time for field testing.  But your widget uses technology that becomes obsolete very quickly.  To add additional pressure you just got word the competition is announcing a widget built to compete with yours and is racing to beat you to the market.

You've spent years building a good reputation with desired features, good performance and reliability.  You make the difficult decision to deliver the product ahead of schedule.  It works, you pounce the competition and receive 30,000 orders in the first day.  You're thankful for the demand but feel instantly overwhelmed.

You promise to take care of the customers in the order you received their money.  However your largest vendors start calling . . .  threatening to pull your entire line if they aren't made a priority!  They claim the lack of supply is you fault not theirs, claiming their customers need to come first.

The product it good, but some widgets are showing a few glitches typical of an advanced device.  Customers are ruthless to blame you for releasing a widget too soon, taking too long to deliver, frustrated you don't have accessories and parts, angry their emails, chat windows and calls don't lead to immediate solutions.

With the credibility and reputation on the line you work tirelessly to fulfill your customers expectations.  While thankful you chose not to public with the company and don't answer to thousands of investors your partners and staff go increasingly uncomfortable with the external pressures on the company.

At the end of the day you revisit how the widget could have such a profound impact on so many lives world wide.
2016-11-30
Use props
fschilder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102028 ft
  • >>>
Canada

70challenger Posted at 2016-11-29 01:43
Sure, I have been waiting patiently, but when they ship product to Apple stores for walk-ins inste ...

Many of us are waiting patiently but I don't think any of us can say when stores such as Apple actually placed their orders. I have to assume they were in the mix somehow too and very possibly got to indicate their numbers even before sales opened up. I don't think it's going to make any of us feel any better worrying about "fairness" nor (I suspect) will it make our own units arrive any faster.
2016-11-30
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Canada

MsSea Posted at 2016-11-30 09:28
How??? While, in most cases, it may be better to order directly from the manufacturer than a resel ...

Newegg was the only place people preordered from and received them before DJI shipped to their early buyers. Those who preordered from Apple didn't get them before the early DJI orders.

And you got lucky and found two Mavics in stock? That has nothing to do with preordering at all.
2016-11-30
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

fschilder Posted at 2016-12-1 05:00
Many of us are waiting patiently but I don't think any of us can say when stores such as Apple act ...

I am talking about a pre-order though. Apple stores are vendors the same as BB and the pre-orders should go out first to all the vendors and customers before being offered to walk-ins off the street or what was the point in pre-ordering?
2016-11-30
Use props
MsSea
lvl.2
United States

Chaser720 Posted at 2016-11-30 19:01
Newegg was the only place people preordered from and received them before DJI shipped to their ear ...

There are people on here and other forums who ordered from DJI back in late September and early October who still have not received their orders and people who ordered in mid October from Apple who've received their orders. All I'm saying is that in the case of DJI, preordering directly from them isn't the "common sense" thing to do.
2016-11-30
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Canada

MsSea Posted at 2016-12-1 00:07
There are people on here and other forums who ordered from DJI back in late September and early Oc ...

Show me one person who ordered in September from DJI and hasn't received their order.
2016-12-1
Use props
MsSea
lvl.2
United States

Chaser720 Posted at 2016-12-1 12:38
Show me one person who ordered in September from DJI and hasn't received their order.

Lol! There's literally a thread on the first page dedicated to that: http://forum.dji.com/thread-74227-1-1.html
2016-12-1
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

70challenger Posted at 2016-11-28 15:14
Just got off the phone with Best Buy and they tell me the manufacturer keeps changing the release da ...

I get everyone's pain but I'm sure Apple order x amount of mavic back on release day as well.
2016-12-1
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-12-2 02:46
I get everyone's pain but I'm sure Apple order x amount of mavic back on release day as well.

You guys just dont listen, maybe you work for DJI?

I am talking about a pre-order though. Apple stores are vendors the same as BB and the pre-orders should go out first to all the vendors and customers before being offered to walk-ins off the street or what was the point in pre-ordering?
2016-12-1
Use props
fschilder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102028 ft
  • >>>
Canada

70challenger Posted at 2016-12-1 14:15
You guys just dont listen, maybe you work for DJI?

I am talking about a pre-order though. Apple s ...

The one that really got me was the MicroCenter issue where they were given a boatload of combos well after all pre-orders were in and they sold them to anyone that attended their session. Great if you happen to live near one but frustrating for those of us that have patiently waited "in line".
2016-12-1
Use props
Staffydog33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1348881 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chaser720 Posted at 2016-11-28 16:10

LOL....I buy from UK, get refresh In UK and repair/replacement In UK....can't handle the nightmare that Is DJI Customer service In Netherlands.

Heliguy for me all the way...they are DJI AUTHORISED Dealers and reapir centre - all In UK, which Is such a fantastic service!

Matt
1-14 13:53
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you realise this is a 2016 thread?
1-15 11:31
Use props
Advanced