Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iphone battery issue
2225 13 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ArgoniX
lvl.1

Germany

Hi there,
I use my flymore combo with an iphone 6s.
I cannot fly the three batteries without my phone running out of battery. Anyone got the same issue? Is my iphone dying?  Or is dji go app sucking too much juice out of my phone?
2016-11-28
Use props
devGOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

The iPhone 6s has a very poor battery, hence the reason why Apple created that ugly battery case for the 6/6s. Being that the screen is kept on and is streaming live video yes the app will drain the battery more than the average app. Just like any video app would.
2016-11-28
Use props
ArgoniX
lvl.1

Germany

devGOD Posted at 2016-11-28 21:22
The iPhone 6s has a very poor battery, hence the reason why Apple created that ugly battery case for ...

Yes the iphone 6s is known to have a poor battery, but that poor really sucks... watching videos does not drain the battery so fast though
2016-11-28
Use props
13MStang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 892749 ft
United States

I too suffered the same issue.  I took my phone to Apple and the determined that my phone is on the list of battery replacement.  Google iphone 6s battery repkacement
2016-11-28
Use props
KEITH LARD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165197 ft
United Kingdom

yes i have an iPhone 6s and when I'm flying my mavic even with 50% or more iPhone battery it will just turn itself off. Frightening when your drone is out of sight, luckily DJI'S RTH feature works brilliantly! i spoke to apple and they said my iPhone is eligible for a free battery replacement.
2016-11-28
Use props
ArgoniX
lvl.1

Germany

KEITH LARD Posted at 2016-11-28 22:18
yes i have an iPhone 6s and when I'm flying my mavic even with 50% or more iPhone battery it will ju ...

Ok thanks a lot i think i will try to go for battery replacement then. Hope it'l work out fine.
2016-11-28
Use props
mengteck71
lvl.4
Singapore

KEITH LARD Posted at 2016-11-29 05:18
yes i have an iPhone 6s and when I'm flying my mavic even with 50% or more iPhone battery it will ju ...

This is due to iOS10.1.1 bug.  It is widely reported on this battery issue with this latest iOS.
2016-11-28
Use props
cluc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

iPhone issue not a Mavic issue...
Easy - buy a new phone or bring a spare battery pack to charge your phone.
2016-11-28
Use props
Maverick2
New

China

I have the same issue in my iPhone6. I found a battery case (called "Smart Battery Case") in Apple Store but not sure if it can be used at the Mavic Pro remote control.
this case will keep the two sides of iPhone basically the same thickness because the battery is placed at the middle of the case. thus, I think it can be put into the remote control.
it provides a lightning slot outside the case and claims to be working for data transfer and charging as well.  
the core question: is it ok when the iPhone is being charged by the battery case, and is connected with the Mavic remote control at the same time?
anyone has the idea on it?
see below for the product details in Apple Store:
http://www.apple.com/shop/produc ... 6fh%3D458b%252B45bf
2016-12-4
Use props
Kiawef
lvl.1
United States

I use an IPhone 6 and took my Mavic on it's first flight today.  Five minutes in I got 10% battery notification and hit RTH. As soon as I landed and packed up I hooked up phone to car charger and it popped up to 54%.  I think I'll be visiting the Apple store myself soon.  It may have been the cold as it was about 27 F.
2016-12-9
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

no problems with the iPhone 7. posted this results in this thread.

Maybe its time to update your phone?

Thread Link

Rich
2016-12-9
Use props
TonyBergen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135820 ft
Netherlands

i Had the same with my Galaxy S6, and i got a warning that the app was draining the battery. I followed the suggestion to put the app in the power saving mode ( always save power) and now the app is ussing 10% battery on 25 minutes of flying .
2016-12-10
Use props
13MStang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 892749 ft
United States

As I mentioned above, i too was having issues with iPhone 6s battery.   I took it to Apple and they replaced the battery (free).   Since then, i have had no further issues.
2016-12-10
Use props
dana5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

This looks like something you should be posted in an iPhone forum somewhere. Not much DJI can do about a power hungry apple device. Regardless... The problem is not the battery, it's the phone. iPhone is a process hog that no internal battery could sustain, if there is an app running. It's the nature of Obective C, and Swift, which apple products are built on. The best thing I can recommend is a Google Pixel. It has an amazing battery, and is a better phone than iPhone in every way. If you are one of those people that believe that there is no other phone than iPhone, then there are some case options that have an extended battery built in, to help the battery hungry iPhone last longer. Another option would be to plug your iPhone into the bottom USB port, and then plug a power bank into the side usb port. This would charge the controller and the iPhone during flight.

2016-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules