Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MAVIC GIMBAL OVERLOAD
12Next >
41430 55 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
APAG22
lvl.1

Australia

I ordered my Mavic on release day. I received mine in around 5 weeks after this date.

I have been flying my Mav most days since I received it. I have been very imppressed with it and have enjoyed how responsive and fault free it has been...until now.

I feel this problem may be a software bug or maybe however I'll explain and then maybe someone can clarify.

1. I turn on the drone and connect the controller/app connection
2. The drone gimbal and camera begin erratic movement and flick back and forth in a confusing manner. This continues until the drone is switched off
3. The app issues a warning notification that the gimbal clamp may be on (clearly not on and gimbal free to move)
4. App asks for calibration
5. Calibration fails on every attempt
6. Yes the gimbal plate is in the correct position and inside all 3 clips
7. Camera image is very shaky. When the drone flys the camera bounces around as the gimbal is not functioning properly. The camera gimbal control is in-responsive
8. The drone is also not flying accurately. When hovering in a stationary position the drone will Yaw left and right non stop

I have tried to calibrate many times

I have changed batteries

I have tried to turn the drone on/off several times

Keen to get this issue rectified as soon as possible as I have a lot of filming to do over the next few weeks.

2016-11-28
Use props
Mooney
lvl.4

United States

Double check your gimbal to make sure the four tabs are not making any contact with the frame of the drone.  It should be suspended by the four bands with no other contact.
2016-11-28
Use props
APAG22
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks Mooney.  Yes point 6.
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please record a video of this issue?
It's probably a hardware issue.
2016-11-29
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Seems to be more than one issue going on.
Looks likely a trip back to the shop if you cant calibrate your way out.
2016-11-29
Use props
fans86411e1c
New
United States

Have the same problem...
Had a nice quiet flight yesterday, turned if off, turned it back on for a sunset flight and this happend... no crash or anything
1) Gimbal overload
2) Check if gimbal clamp is on ( gimbal clamp is not on)

gimbal is going back and forth and will not calibrate....

2017-1-31
Use props
fansecc6b0b1
New

Canada

Did this ever get resolved? Was it a hardware or a software issue? Having the exact same problem after 1 day of ownership.
2017-2-1
Use props
fans49b741e6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1324019 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am also having the same issue and tech support does not seem to be able to help me
2017-2-17
Use props
fans97b61a93
New

China

I 've had this problem since day one. Never crashed my drone and this happens.
2017-2-17
Use props
Becco
First Officer
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

I had a hard landing from 4 feet up because I was fighting it. It was drifting left & had no foreword speed after It hit the ground I powered it up & got the Gimbal overload with the flopping camera & motor hot warning so I sent it to the shop after trying to work with the phone Help (very hard to understand) & hope to get it back soon?

Glad I purchased the Care package at the same time as I ordered the Mavic but I was still told 2-3 weeks after they received it. I can’t believe it would them that long to repair, they build new ones faster & this one had less then 45min of flight time on it.

From what I have seen in the forums the Gimbal is the weak link.

I am having a bad drone day {:4_142:}
2017-2-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans49b741e6 Posted at 2017-2-17 15:29
I am also having the same issue and tech support does not seem to be able to help me

Unfortunately you need to send it in, something's wrong with the gimbal.
2017-2-17
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans97b61a93 Posted at 2017-2-17 16:08
I 've had this problem since day one. Never crashed my drone and this happens.

Send it back to DJI for inspection please, it's a hardware issue
2017-2-17
Use props
Detcast580
New

United States

Gimble overload message today on vacation... such a shame. How do we fix this massive issue?
2017-3-4
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Join the club! I also had the issue after 2 weeks of flying without any problem. Just sent it back to DJI today for replacement (as I've had the mavic for 17 calendar days before the issue developed and replacement is only if the fault appears in the first 15 days so I'm not eligible for a replacement)...
2017-3-4
Use props
hiron81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1138 ft
Malaysia

Im having this problem too when i unbox the device! DJI had replace a unit to me now wait for the unit to reach my place! hope wont get this problem anymore!
2017-3-4
Use props
asya1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8530 ft
United States

Started getting the same issue only four days after receiving my drone. Very upsetting.

Has anyone dealt with USA customer support? Are they any good? Do they repair it and if so, how long does it take?

Thanks
2017-3-6
Use props
andersen
New

Germany

I do have exactly the same problem. Is there any software based solution or will i need to send it back for inspection?
2017-3-6
Use props
asya1
lvl.1
United States

andersen Posted at 2017-3-6 07:41
I do have exactly the same problem. Is there any software based solution or will i need to send it back for inspection?

Nope, you need to send it back to them.
2017-3-7
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Definitely a hardware issue and a very common one indeed. How long have you had it for?

Mine is at DJI with the same problem right now, waiting to get fixed, but to be honest I wish I bought the P4 pro instead as I'm afriad the issue will happen again in the future.
2017-3-7
Use props
fansb3b8babb
New
Flight distance : 200574 ft
Thailand

I have the same problem. I bought my Mavic extra for a 6 week Photo Trip in Thailand and it does not work. It has started with small vibrations, then it has shaken and after 3 days the camera turns -90 ° backwards.Dji does not want to help me because I bought the drones in Germany at dji.com.
I am very disappointed because I wanted to make money with the pictures. So I've lost a lot of money. Dji says: You can send your Mavic to China for repair, but you have to pay the repair costs yourself.
I can just for fun, gimbal sticking forward or down and limiting some photos. But everything is out of focus.
My journey is ruined. Thank you dji!
org_e03f2dff9fa1fadd_1488867612000.jpg
DSC_0633.JPG
2017-3-7
Use props
ZMatuszak
lvl.1

United States

I had this problem...likely the Gimbal Plate is broken (where it mounts to the Frame).  I sent it in to NYC DJI Store, and they said they do not have the parts.  They also do not have Shipping information on the parts either, as they are coming from China.  BE CAREFUL WITH DJI TECHNICAL SUPPORT!
2017-3-7
Use props
asya1
lvl.1
United States

ZMatuszak Posted at 2017-3-7 07:56
I had this problem...likely the Gimbal Plate is broken (where it mounts to the Frame).  I sent it in to NYC DJI Store, and they said they do not have the parts.  They also do not have Shipping information on the parts either, as they are coming from China.  BE CAREFUL WITH DJI TECHNICAL SUPPORT!

I'm in NYC, I didn't realize that they have a service center here. They are asking me to send mavic to their service center in California.
2017-3-7
Use props
ZMatuszak
lvl.1

United States

asya1 Posted at 2017-3-7 08:47
I'm in NYC, I didn't realize that they have a service center here. They are asking me to send mavic to their service center in California.

Yeah, I went to the DJI Store in Midtown...they take it in there.  But I have no clue how they can just take the drone and not know when the part is!  Maybe Cali is better haha....
2017-3-7
Use props
asya1
lvl.1
United States

ZMatuszak Posted at 2017-3-7 09:29
Yeah, I went to the DJI Store in Midtown...they take it in there.  But I have no clue how they can just take the drone and not know when the part is!  Maybe Cali is better haha....

Mind sharing how much did they estimate you the fix?
2017-3-7
Use props
ZMatuszak
lvl.1

United States

asya1 Posted at 2017-3-7 10:15
Mind sharing how much did they estimate you the fix?

They haven't even got that far yet...these guys are a bunch of JOKERS!
2017-3-8
Use props
asya1
lvl.1
United States

ZMatuszak Posted at 2017-3-8 11:45
They haven't even got that far yet...these guys are a bunch of JOKERS!

That's upsetting.  :-/
2017-3-9
Use props
ZMatuszak
lvl.1

United States

asya1 Posted at 2017-3-9 08:28
That's upsetting.  :-/

Update...Got a quote ($365) for an ENTIRE Gimbal and Camera Replacement.  All I needed was the Gimbal Bracket.  So I paid an Invoice for them to ship the Drone back on Last Wednesday (3/8).  It now 3/13 and I am still trying to get them to ship my Drone
2017-3-13
Use props
asya1
lvl.1
United States

ZMatuszak Posted at 2017-3-13 08:57
Update...Got a quote ($365) for an ENTIRE Gimbal and Camera Replacement.  All I needed was the Gimbal Bracket.  So I paid an Invoice for them to ship the Drone back on Last Wednesday (3/8).  It now 3/13 and I am still trying to get them to ship my Drone

Wow, that's a lot of money. Was that this NYC store who charged you that or CA service center?
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

ZMatuszak Posted at 2017-3-13 08:57

Your Mavic should be shipped back to you this week.
2017-3-14
Use props
fans050a7b7d
New
Flight distance : 31309 ft
Taiwan

Hi.. so this is confirmed to be hardware issue ?? Im located at singapore and currently in taiwan for vacation. Any place to check ?
2017-3-26
Use props
fans17098d03
lvl.1
Flight distance : 545 ft
Colombia

Hellow, please help me, i have this issue, my drone has never been crashed
2017-4-28
Use props
IWDJI
New
Australia

Hi,

I am having the same issue. It occurred immediately following updating firmware to V01.03.0600. Drone will fly normally but camera Gimbal Status keeps cycling through 'obstructed'; then 'restarting' the (momentarily (ie about 2 secs)) 'Normal' then back to 'obstructed' and so on over and over. Whilst it is 'restarting' it is going through the gymnastics as shown in the video above.

Camera is unusable as a result.

Any ideas how to resolve this?
2017-4-28
Use props
Webassign
lvl.1
United States

I am also having this problem, along with "IMU altitude error, please contact technical support..." Calibrating IMU doesn't work, flashing firmware doesn't work, I found out that if you place the aircraft upside down and restart the gimbal it will work, but the IMU problem persists, and I didn't pay 1000+ to place the aircraft upside down every time I turn it on. Is there a solution?
2017-5-7
Use props
coastran65
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8658 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi
I am having exactly the same problem as in the video on post #31 Camera slaps its self to death.
I have done all the various calibrations available and yet the problem persists. Is there a fix?
2017-5-9
Use props
MickRennie
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I had exactly the same issue and also never crashed it. I sent it back to DJI in the Netherlands 2 weeks ago and it is still in the "Conducting Damage Assessment" stage. It's a joke!
2017-5-9
Use props
fansf26e5027
lvl.1
United States

I'm having the same issue as week (gimbal motor overloaded) any fixes would be helpful!
2017-5-9
Use props
coastran65
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8658 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

coastran65 Posted at 2017-5-9 02:43
Hi
I am having exactly the same problem as in the video on post #31 Camera slaps its self to death.
I have done all the various calibrations available and yet the problem persists. Is there a fix?

Hi
Apparently, according to the experts the flat ribbon cable is damaged resulting in the uncontrollable movement of the camera.  Will have to send it in to have a new ribbon fitted.
2017-5-11
Use props
fans2a594314
New
Flight distance : 1004 ft
United States

I live in Hawaii and ever so often we get strong winds out of the blue.  I was trying to film a few days ago and notice that the mavic camera started to shake and act erratic.  After that I shut it down and assumed that it was nothing.  Today I went to do more filming and I kept getting the gimbal overload message.  I noticed that as so as the mavic was started it begin to act erractic over and over as if it was trying to reboot but couldn't.
2017-6-3
Use props
fans3f311bb4
New
Flight distance : 34675 ft
Philippines

I have the same problem. It got a bit better after installing an earlier version of the software but it still does happen sometimes
2017-6-14
Use props
STST
Second Officer
Flight distance : 734882 ft
Israel

anyone try that
2017-6-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now