2446 12 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aussiesmuggler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26250 ft
Australia

Hello guys,
Thank you for your help in advance. My wife recently got me a Mavic for my 50th birthday (top chick) and wow what a way to start for a complete newbe.. But to my suprise the mavic is rock solid and quite easy to use for a beginner. I read the post on the Mavic crashing indoors After I had had the same thing happen. My mavic fist flight was indoors just a hover and a turn around then down but a week latter did the same thing only to have it drift and hit a wall...Only damaging a prop and nothing else. (thank god).

My problem showed up the next day I was using the Mavic at a car show to get some footage and after comming home and putting it on my pc to watch and edit the footage I have this jumping going on on the playback every few seconds..... I changed sd cards have done a firmware upgrade went out agian filmed and its still doing it...Is there a re calibrate for the cam or somthing like that Im a bit stressed that I will have to send it of to have it fixed .

Any help appreciated.

2016-11-28
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

So when you power up your Mavic, does the gimbal shake? or is it still.
- Just want to help pin point whether you have gimbal shake issue or if its recording the video to the SD card.

If it's the gimbal shaking, then there's a few things mentioned on the forum which you can do to check - most of the time you can snap back into place.
If it's the recording to the SD card, then that is something new...
2016-11-28
Use props
MavicMark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52454 ft
Australia

Hi, Aussiesmuggler.

So if you have recorded video in 4K it sounds like your graphics card on your computer is not suitable to cope with the quality of the video. Its not the Mavic.

So what you need to do is reduce the qaulity of the video you record to 2.7k or 1080p. Or invest in a new graphics card or later model computer

To test this I recommend taking your movie file on SD card or usb to the apple store and pluging it into one of thir iMac's or later model macbook pros. You will see the movie play perfectly without jumping.

Thanks
2016-11-28
Use props
Aussiesmuggler
lvl.1
Australia

Thank you for the tips guys,

I have a 4-5 year old HP laptop and are waiting for my 2016 mac book pro to arrive. I have just come back from the local dealer that I purchased it from and he suggests it may be computer as well. So I am taking in the SD card with some fresh footage tomorrow so they can run it on there PC to see if that's the prob... Thanks MavicMark you look like you are on the money there..I will report back tomorrow. Was just stressing Id hurt it in its crash with the wall..
2016-11-28
Use props
Aussiesmuggler
lvl.1
Australia

cluc Posted at 2016-11-29 10:51
So when you power up your Mavic, does the gimbal shake? or is it still.
- Just want to help pin poin ...

Thanks I will also check this out tonight.
2016-11-28
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

MavicMark Posted at 2016-11-29 08:21
Hi, Aussiesmuggler.

So if you have recorded video in 4K it sounds like your graphics card on your c ...

Wow, I did not even thought of that. Thanks for pointing that out... lol I have a feeling I'd probably do the same...

If I have a 4k TV can I plug in an SD card reader?
2016-11-28
Use props
MavicMark
lvl.1
Australia

cluc Posted at 2016-11-29 10:08
Wow, I did not even thought of that. Thanks for pointing that out... lol I have a feeling I'd prob ...

Yeah that sould work, just check what playback format your tv supports e.g. .mov ect. and make sure you record in a suitable format.

The DJI go app offers a great platfom to edit and share your videos if you havent already made use of it.
2016-11-28
Use props
Aussiesmuggler
lvl.1
Australia

Just for the record I have been recording in 1080 at 30 fps so upon reflection its gotta be the old hunk of junk PC im using(I Hope)..
2016-11-28
Use props
MavicMark
lvl.1
Australia

Aussiesmuggler Posted at 2016-11-29 10:42
Just for the record I have been recording in 1080 at 30 fps so upon reflection its gotta be the old  ...

What video player are you using? Have you tried VLC http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
2016-11-28
Use props
Aussiesmuggler
lvl.1
Australia

MavicMark yes have tryed VLC ,and QuickTime and the glitch is the same in both. It wont run in Windows...
2016-11-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

You could upload the original video file to dropbox then send me the link.
I'll help to check it.
2016-11-29
Use props
Aussiesmuggler
lvl.1
Australia

Thank you all for your help. Looks like MavicMark was spot on my laptop is to slow and dose not like Quicktime playback.I ran some footage via VLC and it worked fine so Im looking forward to getting my 2016 macbook now so I can do some editing. Also anyone he;p with the black and whit zebra lines on my fpv view? Something about over exposed I think?
2016-11-29
Use props
Aussiesmuggler
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-29 22:19
You could upload the original video file to dropbox then send me the link.
I'll help to check it.

Thanks for your customer service.
2016-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules