Vietnam with my phantom
1432 12 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0728b080
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Part one of my backpacking video.  Spent two weeks traveling the country with my phantom. Any feedback would be appreciated.

2016-11-28
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Did you get approached by any authorities??
Did you seek permission for flight??
2016-11-28
Use props
fans0728b080
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi.  I read before I went you should get a licence.  I tried everywhere to get one.  Even read posts where people had taken a local to the police station to ask but could not get one.  As I could not et a permit I decided to only fly in raural areas.  I kept WELL away from government buildings etc.  I was with tour guides for the whole of my trip.  None of them said it was illegal.   I went through five airports during my time there with the drone in my hand luggage with no problems.   Top and bottom of it all is I think it's a law that no one pays attention to or knows about over there.   (Like traffic lights). Don't do anything stupid or fly in stupid places and you will be fine.  
2016-11-29
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

fans0728b080 Posted at 2016-11-29 21:36
Hi.  I read before I went you should get a licence.  I tried everywhere to get one.  Even read posts ...

thanks for sharing. Nice to see the country at peace rather than I saw it in 1968.
2016-11-29
Use props
fans0728b080
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Your welcome.  Such a lovely country now.    Everyone so nice.  I couldn't imagine what it must have been like.  
2016-11-29
Use props
Beefy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Been there two years running. You're right about the 'rules', and even if you are approached by two police officers you'll usually find the senior one will help you find a way of getting around it........I found 200k VND worked for a traffic offence! I don't condone it, but when you're stuck.
Beautiful country and the most generous people, apart from the odd cop!
Hoping to go back with my P4P in April.
Great video, makes me 'home' sick. Couldn't be stuck in that van though, I've hired motorbikes both trips and travelled up to Sapa and Ha Giang, as well as riding to Halong Bay from Hanoi central......one for the nerves! Liked HCMC as well. Still plenty of areas to get off the beaten track, and fall off a mountain with my motorbike.....that's an experience! Will look for your other videos
2016-11-29
Use props
Homesick Nomad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 629967 ft
United States

I enjoyed the video. Looks like you made some great memories and you have some very beautiful shots in there. I am going to drop a challenge. See if you can tell this whole story in 2-3 minutes. After the first couple of minutes I found myself skipping forward. I know it may seem like you can't fit it in, but I think if you do, you will keep more viewers until the end. You have a great eye and made some great shots. And the longer video is definitely a keeper for you and your friends for memories. I think a short edit would really tighten up the story of your trip.

And fun intro. Good work.
2016-11-29
Use props
fans0728b080
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks for the feedback guys.   Yea I think I will be doing a short edit.   I was looking to make something a bit different from most of the 1min travel vlogs out there.  More polished and longer.  
2016-11-30
Use props
fans0728b080
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Shorter video of the whole trip.  High Five all the way
2016-12-4
Use props
fans0728b080
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Shorter video of the whole trip.  High Five all the way
2016-12-4
Use props
fans0728b080
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Sorry link did not work.   Short version but not Drone shots.
2016-12-10
Use props
fans0728b080
lvl.2

United Kingdom

https://youtu.be/WW8UL1A773k
2016-12-30
Use props
Making Memories
lvl.2
Flight distance : 206030 ft
United States

I was very impressed with the video, and the music sync'ed done very well .   I can tell you shot with your drone, your go Pro and I'm assuming cell phones. What software did you use to make the video?   Again very impressed with the video, the country looked beautiful. And you look like you had a great time with your friends.
2016-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules