Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New firmware for Phantom 3 Pro/Adv has been released.
49701 360 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rubyfocus
Flight distance : 26066 ft
United States

This was from message #106 of this thread, which as far as I could tell was completely ignored.  But I think, as well as many others that this update business is a severe stain on all that is DJI.  Let's read it again, shall we?

---------------
Mindy..

Have to say that sometimes your replies show no compassion or  understanding.  Actually from what we've been told in the past, if a  firmware upgrade can be shown to have caused the issue DJI takes  responsibility.  Does that not hold true any longer (I was told this  personally on the phone with DJI support).  Also, it's clear that  several people have reported a successful upgrade, but the version  number does not get upgraded.  We have seen FW upgrades that cause  issues.  We've even got one person here saying that they lost  intelligent flight modes plus after the upgrade.

I'll repeat what I've said in the past.  This ALL-In-One method has  flaws.  DJI Phantoms have SO MANY hardware permutations, it has to be  impossible to physically test every combination of AC, RC, and apps that  have come forth. So the developers are basing the release on the  premise that a common code base "should" work across the family.  I  don't think that it's fair to ask that people perform this upgrade  without the ability to roll back.

I think you need to give an ear and listen and see what you can do to  help vs. the statement you made above..  Like I've said, we've see  upgrades cause issues...

-----------

This whole idea of releasing shoddy, half-baked updates and then suddenly prohibiting owners from rolling them back when they prove to be more harm than good is preposterous at best.  When one day all is well and everything works just fine and then after these so-called updates we're getting bad video, fried gimble control circuitry, reduced range and what seems to be a host of crippling effects.  What is wrong with this picture?  The customers here have made investments for these craft.  These aren't cheap toys.  Indeed, DJI has put together some very good products and on most accounts is a forerunner in the industry.  But if I'm told to update my drone and then find out that this update has had a detrimental effect, it shouldn't cost me a dime to get the problem reversed.  Especially now that we are by design prohibited from rolling the update back.  I bought a new P3P about 6 months ago.  I didn't have the opportunity to fly it alot, but when I did- it operated beautifully in every way.  The other day I went to fly it and DJI Go is telling me to update the firmware, so I followed all of the tutorials and updated it.  Everything went exactly as described.  But now the video starts glitching out at 75 meters; The craft disconnects and sometimes will not re-connect no matter what I do and I have to just give up.  Suddenly it acts like a cheap toy.  That I paid 600 bucks for.  Is this what DJI wants?  Is this the kind of performance DJI wants to be known for?  Because if so it won't be long and DJI management will be scrambling to liquidate their summer vacation villas in Sanya to pay their rents for their new one-room flats in Shenzhen.
2017-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules