New firmware for Phantom 3 Pro/Adv has been released.
49880 360 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mads30
lvl.1

Poland

SimonH78 Posted at 2016-12-4 19:34
Check your settings - as sometimes they revert to default - like the settings for the video "Enable Hardware Decoding" - I have this ON - an "Video cache during shooting" - OFF

Might be this?

Thank you for your reply. I can't see "Enable Hardware Decoding" option in my aps. I have newest wersion, 3.1.0, maybe this option was in previously versions?
2016-12-5
Use props
mads30
lvl.1

Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-5 07:29
Could you please find the update log file and post it here?
You could find the update log file by following these steps:
1. Enable Viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.

here is a link to txt log file:
logFile
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

loucos Posted at 2016-12-6 00:12
Mindy, hello,

After the update, aircraft version went from 1.9.60 to  version 1.9.60+

Please check the update result file first to see if the update result is success.
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Alberto Pasian Posted at 2016-12-6 00:03
I haven't yet tried. Can I fly with the latest app and the non-updated firmware?

What's your current firmware version of RC and aircraft?
2016-12-5
Use props
Calvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

Updated without any problems, took about 15 minutes and all of the lights went out during the upgrade.
2016-12-5
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

ImagesByJAS Posted at 2016-12-5 08:16
Phantomski..

I was looking at the details of the flight record on Healthy Drones and looks like you lost the signal multiple times at a very short distance to home??  Lines P and S??  Were you in an obstructed area?  Just curious as to why a loss of signal at 90 and 10 feet from home point..

yes, when i plan to fly a bit harder, i fly with those little parabolic deflectors... if i am high and near, i either have to readjust, take them off, or i lose signal.. that is what happened here. Some other areas where signal was spotty, i assume must have been the way i held the radio, the signal was not pointing right....
Good eye ;) I love it when inquiring minds want to know, so we all can learn ;)
2016-12-5
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-12-5 22:14
yes, when i plan to fly a bit harder, i fly with those little parabolic deflectors... if i am high and near, i either have to readjust, take them off, or i lose signal.. that is what happened here. Some other areas where signal was spotty, i assume must have been the way i held the radio, the signal was not pointing right....
Good eye ;) I love it when inquiring minds want to know, so we all can learn ;)

Got it..  Was just curios why the drop outs so close.  Would like to learn more about using Healthy Drone as well..  Thanks!.
2016-12-5
Use props
loucos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 423261 ft
Greece

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-6 04:33
Please check the update result file first to see if the update result is success.

Mindy,
I got a text document (as always) named "P3S_FW_RESULT_AB" and when you open it right at the top it reads "Result: Success." followed below by a log of previous upgrades.

When I touch 'About' on the device, I get App 3.1.0, Version 1.9.60+ and Remote Controller 1.6.0
On Android

I have the new features others have mentioned, like the warning sign "Motor idling (loose or missing propeller)" and the new delay with the CSC command to turn off motors. so the upgrade seems to be there, in place.

I look forward to your input

2016-12-5
Use props
Renamire
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192484 ft
Indonesia

All good for me too, long update but all went good. Fly for 20'. no problems
will try all the other features tomorrow  (intel mode)
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

loucos Posted at 2016-12-6 14:09
Mindy,
I got a text document (as always) named "P3S_FW_RESULT_AB" and when you open it right at the top it reads "Result: Success." followed below by a log of previous upgrades.

You could try to reinstall the DJI GO app.
After that, connect to the network first then connect your mobile device to RC.
Since reinstall the app will remove your flight records, so you can sync your flight records first.
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mads30 Posted at 2016-12-6 02:10
here is a link to txt log file:
logFile

Your update is successful.
Since Samsung S4 is not in our recommended list. Might be incompatible.
Please try to change another mobile device to test the transmission.
2016-12-6
Use props
AGelroy
New

Latvia

I found it
2016-12-6
Use props
imtheredude
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

I was planning to purchase a new Advanced model on Friday but now I'm having second thoughts! Is this the norm? I mean all these guys with all the problems?
2016-12-6
Use props
DRONE EYE
lvl.1

Australia

fansa026d1a4 Posted at 2016-12-1 02:43
Yes; Intelligent Flight Modes not working, image transmission unusable. Was working fine before.
Return to Home not working

Return to Home not working anymore. That's a deal breaker for me.
I've got P3P as well - seems the P3A haven't had any reported issues so far with it that I know
2016-12-6
Use props
Silverstone
lvl.1

Canada

This update is only for people living in Texas or South of it. Drone won't start anymore with 1.10 if the temperatures are of the battery is under 60 degree F! I'm guessing that there is no snow video around from everyone upgrading to the new software. Not for me!
2016-12-6
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

ImagesByJAS Posted at 2016-12-6 02:02
So I now have to keep my batteries in my pocket before I can swap them out instead of leaving them in the case.   Does DJI realize there are folks in the northern and southern hemispheres who actually have winter?  I'm not sure why all of a sudden we now have a temperature check before we can take off when we've never had one before??  What changed since the P3 was introduced???

It's probably a good idea to have your next battery in your pocket to warm through in cold weather.  Cold batteries are unpredictable and won't deliver their rated power and could be damaged and shut down in flight.   This is nothing new.  The battery temperature reported is taken on the surface of the battery, so the core could still be too cold.  15° and above is deemed to be safe, and warming them through to this temperature over time, by using a battery warmer or body heat should be seen as a good thing.  They have been checking the temperature prior to this update, but only issuing a warning if the batteries are too cold and advising to land.  Unfortunately some pilots don't think the warnings apply to them or are not worth heeding and ignore them, only to have their aircraft fail and shut down in flight.  They then want to shift the blame to DJI.  In order to address this, they introduced a check, and prevent flight if the battery is too cold.

You can still fly in sub-zero temperatures, it's just that your batteries must be warmed to at least 15° first.   Pretty simple to achieve, just stick it in your pocket for 10 minutes or so before using it.
2016-12-6
Use props
DonViper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 951421 ft
United States

Every firmware update I've done since I purchased my Phantom 3 Standard in March of this year (2016), has affected my drone in a negative way, lol. You would think I would learn, but nope. I do it every time. This most recent time, I was flying in a place I have flown so many times before with no problems. This latest update was supposed to improve video transmission, but for me, it did quite the opposite.

My distance has also been severely effected, but this happened many firmware updates ago. When I first got this, I used to be able to fly my P3S about 1800 feet away before I would get the Weak Signal or Return To Home notification on my screen, but now it starts to happen sometimes when I am 700 feet away. This is in an area where there is nothing around but farmland. I have no faith in these firmware updates, but yet, I carelessly update to them anyway......hoping that one of them....will give my P3S the range back that it once had. I can't even go above 250 feet sometimes now without it kicking into Return To Home mode because of a Weak Signal.
2016-12-6
Use props
Tomsbird
lvl.3
Flight distance : 633901 ft
Canada

SimonH78 Posted at 2016-12-4 11:30
Yes it is - battery will need to be warmer than 15C to take-off/start ...

You used to be able to at least start the drone and let it warm up that way, but you reply would suggest that now that isn't even possible.  Can you confirm please?
2016-12-6
Use props
Tomsbird
lvl.3
Canada

ImagesByJAS Posted at 2016-12-5 08:02
So I now have to keep my batteries in my pocket before I can swap them out instead of leaving them in the case.   Does DJI realize there are folks in the northern and southern hemispheres who actually have winter?  I'm not sure why all of a sudden we now have a temperature check before we can take off when we've never had one before??  What changed since the P3 was introduced???

I live in Canada.  This would restrict my flying to like 6 months a year!
2016-12-6
Use props
Tomsbird
lvl.3
Canada

endotherm Posted at 2016-12-6 08:03
It's probably a good idea to have your next battery in your pocket to warm through in cold weather.  Cold batteries are unpredictable and won't deliver their rated power and could be damaged and shut down in flight.   This is nothing new.  The battery temperature reported is taken on the surface of the battery, so the core could still be too cold.  15° and above is deemed to be safe, and warming them through to this temperature over time, by using a battery warmer or body heat should be seen as a good thing.  They have been checking the temperature prior to this update, but only issuing a warning if the batteries are too cold and advising to land.  Unfortunately some pilots don't think the warnings apply to them or are not worth heeding and ignore them, only to have their aircraft fail and shut down in flight.  They then want to shift the blame to DJI.  In order to address this, they introduced a check, and prevent flight if the battery is too cold.

You can still fly in sub-zero temperatures, it's just that your batteries must be warmed to at least 15° first.   Pretty simple to achieve, just stick it in your pocket for 10 minutes or so before using it.

I'm aware of the risks of flying cold batteries, but you used to be able to idle the aircraft and warm it up that way before take off.  Is this now not possible with the firmware update?
2016-12-6
Use props
loucos
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-6 11:57
You could try to reinstall the DJI GO app.
After that, connect to the network first then connect your mobile device to RC.
Since reinstall the app will remove your flight records, so you can sync your flight records first.

Mindy, Hello again
I uninstalled the GoApp from my android mobile device. The one I have been using from the start with great success.
I re-installed the GoApp version 3.1.0 from the Playstore online. I did not install the Go App 4.0
I re-started my mobile device.
I connected to the network, turned on RC, turned on my aircraft P3A THEN connected the mobile device.
All working smoothly.
I go into Camera view, I tap top right hand corner, I tap About and this is what I get:
App 3.1.0
Version: N/A
Remote controller: N/A

????????????????????????????????????????
So now I cannot even see what version I have anymore on my RC and my aircraft.
Please help Mindy
2016-12-6
Use props
loucos
lvl.2
Greece

Viper989 Posted at 2016-12-5 07:32
Hi endotherm ,

You seem to be the only one who pick up on the ''3 seconds before CSC'' .

Viper989
sure enough the CSC command when turning off motors, now has an integrated delay.
but the second option of holding 'down' all the way for the motors to shut down works as before without delay.
2016-12-6
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

endotherm Posted at 2016-12-3 02:23
With the maps, there are 3 modes you can select.  One is just a standard map, a line drawing with street names etc.   The next is Satellite mode where an aerial/satellite photo is overlayed on the map.  The last is Hybrid mode where the street names etc. are superimposed over the aerial photo.

To change modes, touch the map box and make the maps full screen.  In the upper right corner you will see an icon that looks like a couple of squares/diamonds stacked on top of each other.  Touch this, you will see the 3 options appear.  Select the one you prefer.  No need to reinstall the software or roll back.

Hey thanks endotherm. Just now getting back to take a look at the forum. I'll have to reinstall the latest app version and check it out. Thanks for your advice. Sounds like a lot of operators have chosen to install the latest app and have had good results.
2016-12-6
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
United States

endotherm Posted at 2016-12-6 10:03

I know..  half of why I had some smiles, etc. in the post.  Not too dissimilar to a very cold car battery not wanting to turn a car over.  I do wish though that more of the actual things that are in the update are spelled out so we're not finding things out "second hand".  There was nothing in the release notes that talked to this change.. or the fact that there is a battery upgrade as well.  My notification in the app said AC and Camera only..  Just would be nice if ALL the things were spelled out..
2016-12-6
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
United States

Tomsbird Posted at 2016-12-6 11:26
I'm aware of the risks of flying cold batteries, but you used to be able to idle the aircraft and warm it up that way before take off.  Is this now not possible with the firmware update?

Tom,

This doesn't effect winter flying..  Only the temp on the battery at startup.  It really means you just need to keep the battery warm before you try to start..  I think people are taking this as that the AC won't fly in under 60 degree F weather and that's not the case.  You just need to keep the battery warm before flying so again, keep it in an inner pocket.. or if you're planning a lot of flying and have several batteries... have really deep pockets and lean to one side from the weight!  :-)
2016-12-6
Use props
Tomsbird
lvl.3
Canada

ImagesByJAS Posted at 2016-12-6 11:49
Tom,

This doesn't effect winter flying..  Only the temp on the battery at startup.  It really means you just need to keep the battery warm before you try to start..  I think people are taking this as that the AC won't fly in under 60 degree F weather and that's not the case.  You just need to keep the battery warm before flying so again, keep it in an inner pocket.. or if you're planning a lot of flying and have several batteries... have really deep pockets and lean to one side from the weight!  :-)

Thanks.  It's too bad really.  I always hovered the AC 3 ft off the ground until the battery warmed up.  I will miss that option to heat the batteries up that way.  It's -18C here today and at that temp there is no way to keep the batteries above 15C for more than 5 minutes no matter how good your coat is.  If they changed the limit to 5C, that would help a lot. I know battery warmers are always an option but I have enough gear to carry already.  At least you can start your car when it's that cold and let it warm up before you drive it.  
Thanks again for you help but I wish I never did the firmware update.
2016-12-6
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
United States

Tomsbird Posted at 2016-12-6 14:19
Thanks.  It's too bad really.  I always hovered the AC 3 ft off the ground until the battery warmed up.  I will miss that option to heat the batteries up that way.  It's -18C here today and at that temp there is no way to keep the batteries above 15C for more than 5 minutes no matter how good your coat is.  If they changed the limit to 5C, that would help a lot. I know battery warmers are always an option but I have enough gear to carry already.  At least you can start your car when it's that cold and let it warm up before you drive it.  

Tom,

Maybe some of those inexpensive pocket warmers..  Can always double as a place to warm up your hands.  :-)  I think DeWalt has a battery powered jacket that warms up!  :-)

2016-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

loucos Posted at 2016-12-7 00:57
Mindy, Hello again
I uninstalled the GoApp from my android mobile device. The one I have been using from the start with great success.
I re-installed the GoApp version 3.1.0 from the Playstore online. I did not install the Go App 4.0

Please try to restart the app and re-link RC with aircraft again.
2016-12-6
Use props
Stinky711
lvl.2
United States

So my new P3P just arrived, it was a joy to unbox it, I was more than pleased with my purchase then I thought Firmware! Once I get everything charged i'll get
to see what firmware it shipped with, do I upgrade it if it is not the latest version or fly first?
2016-12-6
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Silverstone Posted at 2016-12-7 00:27
Drone won't start anymore with 1.10 if the temperatures are of the battery is under 60 degree F!

I must have missed that change in the release notes.
2016-12-6
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
United States

JockC Posted at 2016-12-6 21:06
I must have missed that change in the release notes.

If true (and seems to be), it wasn't in the release notes..
2016-12-6
Use props
Viper989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891194 ft
Canada

loucos Posted at 2016-12-6 12:25
Viper989
sure enough the CSC command when turning off motors, now has an integrated delay.
but the second option of holding 'down' all the way for the motors to shut down works as before without delay.

Nice to hear about the CSC .
But i'm not sure i understand your second option . When you say hold it all the way down , you mean the left stick? if so i'm i understanding that there is no more delay that way ?

I'll have to try it out when i get a chance this weekend .

thanks
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Stinky711 Posted at 2016-12-7 09:46
So my new P3P just arrived, it was a joy to unbox it, I was more than pleased with my purchase then I thought Firmware! Once I get everything charged i'll get
to see what firmware it shipped with, do I upgrade it if it is not the latest version or fly first?

You can update the firmware to latest version or use current firmware version.
It's up to you.
2016-12-6
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Tomsbird Posted at 2016-12-7 06:19

I never really got the "hover the aircraft to warm the battery" thing.  If it's too cold, then "flying" the aircraft is going to be drawing a lot of amps to attain lift, which is really the last thing you should be doing.  Taxing a cold battery will damage it, it's that simple.  I'm also in two minds about using a battery warmer that uses the cold battery as its power source, but I assume the current draw isn't nearly as much as that required for flight, so the effect on the battery isn't severe.  Idling the aircraft on the ground would be gentler and safer than hovering it.

You only need to have the batteries at 15° or more to start it up.  Once it is running, the battery will continue to warm as it discharges and is surrounded by warm electronics.  I have never seen a battery get colder in flight.  Changing the startup limit to 5° would be pointless, as they have already determined that that temperature is dangerous to the battery, and you shouldn't be operating it at that temperature.  They have been issuing warnings in the app for attempting to fly at that temperature for ages.  They have plenty of recorded instances of batteries shutting down in the cold, with crashes and loss of aircraft resulting.  All it needs is a small change to your routine, make sure the battery you intend to use next is in your pocket so it can warm through from body temperature.  As long as it is at least 15° when you start the motors, you are good to go.  It will warm up to the recommended 25° all by itself from there.

Sorry I can't run any tests for you, it is the start of Summer here in the Southern Hemisphere.
2016-12-7
Use props
loucos
lvl.2
Greece

Viper989 Posted at 2016-12-7 05:44
Nice to hear about the CSC .
But i'm not sure i understand your second option . When you say hold it all the way down , you mean the left stick? if so i'm i understanding that there is no more delay that way ?

Hey Viper989
Apologies in line if I was not too clear. I rephrase.
The second option, also described in the User Manual page 46, is to push and hold the throttle stick all the way down until motors turn off. This can be either left stick or right stick depending on what stick mode you are using to fly.
I use this method 99% of the time for two reasons:
1. I mostly hand-catch the aircraft when landing so I only have one hand on the RC and I only have to shift one stick this way (instead of two simultaneously for CSC). So it is much easier for me.
2. The CSC command may cause the aircraft to tip over under certain circumstances and,
3. The less you use the CSC command the less likely you are to perform it intuitively when under stress.
Hope this helps.
Cheers.
2016-12-7
Use props
loucos
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-7 03:23
Please try to restart the app and re-link RC with aircraft again.

Hello Mindy,
And thank you for your help so far.
I did exactly what your say, restarted the app and re-linked RC with aircraft again.
Nothing changed; I still get Vesion: N/A and Remote Controller: N/A - here is a screen shot from my mobile device

Note: I don't know if there is a way to un-link the aircraft first and then re-link it again. So I just went through the process of re-linking an already linked aircraft.

Please let me know if there is another way to find the firmware version that has been installed.
I look forward to your guidance once again and I hope we find the solution.
Standing by . . . .

screenshot_n.a..png
2016-12-7
Use props
Viper989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891194 ft
Canada

loucos Posted at 2016-12-7 23:25
Hey Viper989
Apologies in line if I was not too clear. I rephrase.
The second option, also described in the User Manual page 46, is to push and hold the throttle stick all the way down until motors turn off. This can be either left stick or right stick depending on what stick mode you are using to fly.

Thanks for clearing that .

I also use that method all the time . But there was a 3 or so sec delay . I'm still not sure if the delay is there or not . I will try it out this weekend

Have a good one
2016-12-7
Use props
loucos
lvl.2
Greece

Viper989 Posted at 2016-12-7 18:30
Thanks for clearing that .

I also use that method all the time . But there was a 3 or so sec delay . I'm still not sure if the delay is there or not . I will try it out this weekend

There is  a very slight delay with the throttle down command.
I think it is far less than it used to be.
And it is definitely nowhere near as long as the delay with the CSC command.
Give us your input please when you try it.
Cheers
2016-12-7
Use props
mads30
lvl.1

Poland

loucos Posted at 2016-12-7 17:05
Hello Mindy,
I did exactly what your say, restarted the app and re-linked RC with aircraft again.

Mine looks this same, I'm using Samsung S4 but in that case it really doesn't matter.
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

loucos Posted at 2016-12-8 00:05
Hello Mindy,

Do you have another mobile device to have a try?
Generally speaking, it's because the app cannot read the firmware version.
If convenient, please try another mobile device or re-install the app again.
2016-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules