New firmware for Phantom 3 Pro/Adv has been released.
49920 360 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dolz Posted at 2016-12-21 01:58
[00000670][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).
[00000670][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).
[00000668][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).

The contain are in the update log txt file?
Could you please upload the file to dropbox and send me the link?
2016-12-21
Use props
ay6810
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76631 ft
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-22 15:46

I tried to upgrade last night, did the sd card steps of transferring the .BIN file from PC to SD card, but when I reached the end of the upgrade on the aircraft, I got the dreaded Looooooooooong beep and the status indicator was RED instead of GREEN. Checked the log file and it said FAILED.  Tried at least 10 times and still failed.   Decided to use another SD card instead of the Lexar card.  Still no luck!!  After that, I removed the BIN file from the SD card and tried to fire up the aircraft as per normal steps.  To my surprise, the DJI GO app read FW: LATEST UPDATED and Status: NORMAL.  I had updated my aircraft before to previous versions with no issues.  Is it safe to fly?  All motors start but when the props are OFF, there's a yellow message that says no props installed...
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ay6810 Posted at 2016-12-23 11:31
I tried to upgrade last night, did the sd card steps of transferring the .BIN file from PC to SD card, but when I reached the end of the upgrade on the aircraft, I got the dreaded Looooooooooong beep and the status indicator was RED instead of GREEN. Checked the log file and it said FAILED.  Tried at least 10 times and still failed.   Decided to use another SD card instead of the Lexar card.  Still no luck!!  After that, I removed the BIN file from the SD card and tried to fire up the aircraft as per normal steps.  To my surprise, the DJI GO app read FW: LATEST UPDATED and Status: NORMAL.  I had updated my aircraft before to previous versions with no issues.  Is it safe to fly?  All motors start but when the props are OFF, there's a yellow message that says no props installed...

Could you please find the update log file? I'll help to check it.
You could find the update log file by following these steps:
1. Enable Viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.
For The Windows System:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For The Mac System:
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.
2016-12-23
Use props
fansb671597b
lvl.1

United States

I did and it failed.  And yes I have tried all but one solution.  That is to open up the bird and remove the internal SD card.  Which I am researching now.  
2016-12-23
Use props
fansb671597b
lvl.1

United States

DaveB87 Posted at 2016-11-29 22:53
tried installing the update on my P3P - it makes the beep beep beep beep when installing, then I get a continuous non stop beep - the only way to stop it is to turn the drone off...... restarted the install, and it did it again, only this time it got to the continuous beep in about 30 seconds......

Same here.  
2016-12-23
Use props
fansb671597b
lvl.1

United States

scottyduzitbest Posted at 2016-11-30 00:55
downgrade to anyversion you want, easy we do it all the time. open the shell remove the main board, cut glue on internal sd card glued to bottom of main board, throw it away or format it your choice.  we install 8 gig for more flight log storage capacity. Either way with your new or formatted card in and reglued with silicon NOT HOT GLUE, reassemble drone. stick your firmware bin file on a seperate sd card and insert into gimbal. firmware must not be   downloaded from dji, all theirs will ad a + to the version label indicating its modified for altitude limit, no fly zones ect.... search around or contact me and I can possibly help you with an unmodified, non dji molested firmware version of your choice. I have em all.... be sure to do your transmitter and batteries too. well batteries wont matter on downgrade. if you downgrade far enough besure to remove djigo and find a dji pilot app download... questions about the procedure then this aint for you inwhich case contact me lol happy unrestricted flying!!!

What a breath of fresh air.  I cannot believe it took me a week of web searching to find someone with real knowledge of these things.  Where have you been all my DJI-customer support-horror story life?  
2016-12-23
Use props
fansb671597b
lvl.1

United States

Normn8or Posted at 2016-12-1 14:09
And another thread about bad Firmware updates. Folks you don't know how angry i am. Then to be told to go through a check list of wasting your time only to be told it has to be sent in to be evaluated which you do  send it in then after forever and a day you hear from them saying that you owe X amount of dollars and if you don't send the money you don't see your bird again. All from Firmware updates. Absolutely unacceptable.

I am right there with you my friend.  I have taken my fight to Facebook and here on this forum for the way DJI is handling this.  It is 100% unacceptable.  If and only if when they pushed this firmware update notice they added a warning like "this update cannot be rolled back, some users may experience difficulties which can only be corrected by a DJI technician $150 proceed at your own risk".  Then I wouldn't call them shady.  They owe us a solution that doesn't involve my hard earned money moving from my account to theirs.
2016-12-23
Use props
fansb671597b
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-1 15:57
If you send in your aircraft for repair, and you don't agree to the repair cost then they will send it back to you un-repaired.

If our drones worked before the update and the update fails, do you have any knowledge as to what they would be repairing and what those repairs would cost?  It is really hard for us to just hand over a substantial amount of money to fix a device that seemed to be working normally.  It would be really nice to hear something like, "we have seen that drones with faulty (insert part name here) will function normally but will not update firmware, the cost of a replacement ... is typically $29.99".  I think $29.99 is fair because DJI can very easily share the burden of this very frustrating situation, to their customers.  Apparently DJI hasn't read the memo about 1 dissatisfied customer will tell on average 10 people about their experience.     
2016-12-23
Use props
fansb671597b
lvl.1

United States

TomWolves Posted at 2016-12-2 08:46
JohnCom, I will be patient and not update the firmware for a while. I wonder how the Karma will fly? There is a old Chinese proverb, trust me!

Freakin brilliant!
2016-12-23
Use props
fansb671597b
lvl.1

United States

loucos Posted at 2016-12-3 03:56
Back again.
Guess what; just checked aircraft version status on the Go App.
And just like RJay and RMDrone in this thread and perhaps others too,

just as another data point, I had a failed upgrade, but my go app is showing the bird's version is 1.10.9.
2016-12-23
Use props
Tomsbird
lvl.3
Flight distance : 633901 ft
Canada

fans82ed31d9 Posted at 2016-12-21 02:15
I have not updated the firmware for the apparent problems, and I have checked that the subject of the temperature control of the batteries is not in the firmware, but in the last update of the DJI Go app.
Please: do not control so much and let people run some small risk. I was doing a job on a mountain, and there was no way for the batteries to reach 15º C without those not starting. Please allow to disconnect that element, at the risk of each one.

I agree that they need to do something.  I leave in Canada and the temp restriction to 15C means I can't fly for most of the year!  I used to be able to warm the AC and batteries by starting the motors and letting them warm themselves up before flying.  This worked perfectly and is even recommended in the some DJI posts on flying in cold weather.  Now I have to lug around an insulated bag with a warmer, not to mention all the other accessories.  
2016-12-23
Use props
ay6810
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-23 16:52
Could you please find the update log file? I'll help to check it.
You could find the update log file by following these steps:
1. Enable Viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.

Hi Mindy,,
Please view the LOG file as you had requested.  Good to go as per last result?

P3S_FW_LOG_AB.zip

3.54 KB, Down times: 5

log file

2016-12-23
Use props
fans631411c1
lvl.3

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-1 02:57
If you send in your aircraft for repair, and you don't agree to the repair cost then they will send it back to you un-repaired.

Shouldn't be a cost when the firmware is the cause
2016-12-24
Use props
fans3e81435e
lvl.2

United States

Watched a news clip on DJI and they are not telling you the whole story on the new update.
2016-12-24
Use props
fans32a9fd5c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7280 ft
United States

fans3e81435e Posted at 2016-12-24 22:25
Watched a news clip on DJI and they are not telling you the whole story on the new update.

Here is what DJI don't tell you about latest FW:

1. Limited the altitude to 500 Meters.
2. Using Here maps instead of Google. (My 1 year street is not on Here maps yet...).
3. No more hardware acceleration option for the live video in DJI PRO application.

And maybe other "features" that I didn't notice yet

DJI, why hiding these changes? This is frustrating.

2016-12-24
Use props
Clipper_Driver
lvl.1

United States

So, I just updated my P3A and both batteries. I'm always a bit hesitant after reading all the tales of tragedy , but no drama for me this time. It just went as the upgrade instructions (v1.4) indicated.
I have learned to pay close attention to the on/off state of the controller and whether the USB cord is plugged into the drone. These seem to make a difference if not as instructed

To those irritated by the added restrictions on altitude and such, I have to share my perspective as a commercial pilot:  

Hobby drones can't be in Controlled Airspace without a full clearance and coordination with Air Traffic Control and that will happen only in very special cases. I strongly suspect the increasing restrictions are driven by driven by drone operators that  violate that reserved airspace either knowingly or not. If a collision with a full-size aircraft occurs, I guarantee that your drone will be grounded or Geo-fenced into a very small bubble near the controller.  Sorry for the rant, please fly smart and stay out of the big guy's airspace...
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ay6810 Posted at 2016-12-24 11:22
Hi Mindy,,
Please view the LOG file as you had requested.  Good to go as per last result?

Sorry for the late reply.
According to the latest result, the update is successful.
If there's anything wrong, the app will prompt you.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans631411c1 Posted at 2016-12-24 20:50
Shouldn't be a cost when the firmware is the cause

Our engineers will evaluate the drone first.
If it's under warranty and it's manufacturing defect. We'll take care of it.
2016-12-27
Use props
KuChar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 723156 ft
Poland

@DJI Mindy,

what if the drone is no longer under warranty and it's manufacturing defect caused by YOUR firmware update?
2016-12-27
Use props
Dolz
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-22 14:46

Yes there are the contain of the log.txt file, I already try to fly the aircraft...it's seem normal, but the problem is :
1. the camera is not working and the gimbal is seem wilted limp
2. At the DJI GO app shown "camera update required"
3. At the DJI GO app, my P3A is detected as P3P

All happen after I updated to FW 1.10 (previous FW is 1.09 and no issues)
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dolz Posted at 2016-12-28 02:29
Yes there are the contain of the log.txt file, I already try to fly the aircraft...it's seem normal, but the problem is :
1. the camera is not working and the gimbal is seem wilted limp
2. At the DJI GO app shown "camera update required"

Please try to format the SD card and do the update again.
Then please find the update log file and send it to me.
2016-12-27
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
United States

fans32a9fd5c Posted at 2016-12-24 16:40
Here is what DJI don't tell you about latest FW:

1. Limited the altitude to 500 Meters.

Would like to see the source of the news clip..  As for the bullets..  I agree with Clipper_Driver whole heartedly..  We have no business being above 500 meters up.  It intrudes into airspace and landing patterns around some local airports, it likely takes the drone out of visual site, and as Clipper_Driver points out, unless we want to find ourselves boxed to a 500 ft square, I suggest we stop trying to find ways of breaking FAA rules and other country rules..  Here Maps came with RC FW 3.10 and agree that one was an unannounced disaster on DJI's part (as far as many people are concerned).  Suggest you purchase Litchi if you want/need the most detailed maps.  I can't validate the hardware acceleration option as I don't use the DJI PRO app..
2016-12-28
Use props
Dolz
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-28 14:45
Please try to format the SD card and do the update again.
Then please find the update log file and send it to me.

I already try to update again after formatting the SD Card...but there's seems no activity on the aircraft for at least two hours. I tried to turn off the aircraft and take out the SD Card, put it back to the computer but there is no log files like before

Gimbal is not working

Gimbal is not working

P3A detected as P3P

P3A detected as P3P

No Gimbal setting menu

No Gimbal setting menu

About version

About version

SD Card files Contain after retry update

SD Card files Contain after retry update

Camera update error message

Camera update error message

No Image Shown

No Image Shown
2016-12-28
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

scottyduzitbest Posted at 2016-11-29 09:55
downgrade to anyversion you want, easy we do it all the time. open the shell remove the main board, cut glue on internal sd card glued to bottom of main board, throw it away or format it your choice.  we install 8 gig for more flight log storage capacity. Either way with your new or formatted card in and reglued with silicon NOT HOT GLUE, reassemble drone. stick your firmware bin file on a seperate sd card and insert into gimbal. firmware must not be   downloaded from dji, all theirs will ad a + to the version label indicating its modified for altitude limit, no fly zones ect.... search around or contact me and I can possibly help you with an unmodified, non dji molested firmware version of your choice. I have em all.... be sure to do your transmitter and batteries too. well batteries wont matter on downgrade. if you downgrade far enough besure to remove djigo and find a dji pilot app download... questions about the procedure then this aint for you inwhich case contact me lol happy unrestricted flying!!!

Oh, I need your help ... I just tried to upgrade to 1.10.90 and practically grounded my P3P ... Motors won't start, compass will not calibrate. Sadly this version is NOT REVERSIBLE, accordingly to DJI release notes ... I may have to attempt your method of cleaning the internal SD card and install previous FW version 1.9.60, which served me fine for months. Would you kindly guide me step-by-step with this procedure? I'm good with mechanisms, but when things are soft I'm challenged a bit ...
2016-12-28
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
United States

Dolz Posted at 2016-12-28 10:10
I already try to update again after formatting the SD Card...but there's seems no activity on the aircraft for at least two hours. I tried to turn off the aircraft and take out the SD Card, put it back to the computer but there is no log files like before

I've never seen those other bin files (or MISC) after a format and FW load..  especially files with a 2098 year date???  Did you reformat outside the aircraft, reload the fw .bin only on it and try that way?
2016-12-29
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2016-12-28 19:45
Oh, I need your help ... I just tried to upgrade to 1.10.90 and practically grounded my P3P ... Motors won't start, compass will not calibrate. Sadly this version is NOT REVERSIBLE, accordingly to DJI release notes ... I may have to attempt your method of cleaning the internal SD card and install previous FW version 1.9.60, which served me fine for months. Would you kindly guide me step-by-step with this procedure? I'm good with mechanisms, but when things are soft I'm challenged a bit ...

Before you take apart the aircraft (and not sure how this quoted procedure works since the fw code is written to the actual internal devices I think) ..  Did you retry the update with a freshly formatted SD card and reload the fw (try downloading again to make sure you got a clean copy)..  Call DJI tech support and see what they say.. May be worth sending it in vs. going inside (which I know there are tons of videos on)..
2016-12-29
Use props
Dolz
lvl.1

Indonesia

ImagesByJAS Posted at 2016-12-29 08:12
I've never seen those other bin files (or MISC) after a format and FW load..  especially files with a 2098 year date???  Did you reformat outside the aircraft, reload the fw .bin only on it and try that way?

Yes me too, I've never seen those bin files in my previous firmwares update...Yes I reformat my SD Card outside the aircraft because when I using the android phone, the camera panel setting menu at the right of display was inactive, I also tried using Iphone, the camera panel setting was active and the option for "Format SD Card" is active also...but when I pressed the format menu, popup message shown that there is no SD Card in the air craft. I think the un updated camera setting cause it, that's why the "camera update required" is shown on the application...but not for sure...  
2016-12-29
Use props
loucos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 423261 ft
Greece

loucos Posted at 2016-12-20 11:22
GOOD NEWS!
I've been away for a week or so - came back today - went through the process of charging all batteries to go flying tomorrow.
If you read my posts in this thread you will see the issues I have encountered.

I said I would report after my test flight. So here I am again.
My Phantom 3 advanced flew perfectly.
I am very happy.
2016-12-29
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
United States

Dolz Posted at 2016-12-29 09:30
Yes me too, I've never seen those bin files in my previous firmwares update...Yes I reformat my SD Card outside the aircraft because when I using the android phone, the camera panel setting menu at the right of display was inactive, I also tried using Iphone, the camera panel setting was active and the option for "Format SD Card" is active also...but when I pressed the format menu, popup message shown that there is no SD Card in the air craft. I think the un updated camera setting cause it, that's why the "camera update required" is shown on the application...but not for sure...

The only thing I can think of trying is to unplug the two cables between the top of the gimbal and the bottom of the aircraft..  Use tweezers if you can't reach in with your fingers.  Maybe try with the cable disconnected first, then turn off the aircraft, reconnect the two cables and try again that way..  Other than than I think it may need to go in it appears..
2016-12-29
Use props
Lloyd18
New

United States

Did a firmware update on the phantom 3 advanced and an IOS update on my IPhone 6s and Ipad Air 2 around 4 months ago immediately I was unable to connect to the aircraft.

When I power up the controller and connected to my IPad or IPhone the display comes up as " how to connect" with the craft powered up there is still no change, the light on the controller remains green.
The rear LEDS on the quad are flashing yellow and the front are solid RED, I have contacted DJI and they are absolutely useless and cannot help the only solution they claim is to send the kit back to them for them to take 6 weeks to repair and charge me the earth.

Nothing has happened to the quad or the transmitter, always been meticulously cared for and never crashed, I cant seem to understand how a firmware issue can cause all these problems.

I have even tried to restore my Ipad and re install the DJI GO app and still nothing, I have tried connecting with three ipads which are on varying IOS revisions and still nothing.

Currently I have the below Firmware / IOS

IOS 9.3.2
App V 3.1.1
Quad Firmware P3S_FW_V01.10.0090

I can not see what firmware is on the transmitter as I cannot access the camera view on Ipad
2016-12-29
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

ImagesByJAS Posted at 2016-12-29 08:17
Before you take apart the aircraft (and not sure how this quoted procedure works since the fw code is written to the actual internal devices I think) ..  Did you retry the update with a freshly formatted SD card and reload the fw (try downloading again to make sure you got a clean copy)..  Call DJI tech support and see what they say.. May be worth sending it in vs. going inside (which I know there are tons of videos on)..

Yes, I did everything humanly possible on the user side, several times and follow the book ... I'm not sure either if this "last resort" method will work in P3P case ... I don't know which version of Phantom he's talking about, perhaps Standard or Advanced ... waiting for response ... I don't know why DJI made this firmware not reversible ... What kind of radical FW modification was required? ...
2016-12-29
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2016-12-29 12:44
Yes, I did everything humanly possible on the user side, several times and follow the book ... I'm not sure either if this "last resort" method will work in P3P case ... I don't know which version of Phantom he's talking about, perhaps Standard or Advanced ... waiting for response ... I don't know why DJI made this firmware not reversible ... What kind of radical FW modification was required? ...

Dobmatt,

The memory card he's talking about looks to be on the bottom side of the main board.  You can see it in the last couple of pictures in this EBay auction for a Main Board..

Main Board Auction

Again, I have no idea if it will work, but the other poster seems pretty sure it will.  Once you have the case open and the board off it appears relatively easy to get to..  Again though I have no idea if it will work.

That internal memory card does bring up an interesting point though, aside from logs (which he said he put in a larger memory capacity to capture more logs) ... what happens if that card fails?  Does it imply that FW upgrades can't work (basing that on his saying you can downgrade anything) if it fails?  I mean memory cards do die from time to time..  I still am not certain how that memory card interfaces out to the motors (in the case of this firmware upgrade), etc.  I would like to know more about what it does do though..

Can't tell you why this one was not downgradeable, but I'm thinking from your symptoms that there is more going on that even a downgrade to a lower firmware isn't going to help..  If you tried all the other things I'd send it in, but that's just me..  You have to make the call.  I'd certainly ask them to tell you what happened though as it was clear it happened during or because of the upgrade.

I was told (by a couple of DJI techs) that if it can be proven that you did everything right during the upgrade process and that the upgrade caused the failure, it should be covered, but I'd check that statement with DJI Tech Support first..
2016-12-29
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
United States

Lloyd18 Posted at 2016-12-29 12:25
Did a firmware update on the phantom 3 advanced and an IOS update on my IPhone 6s and Ipad Air 2 around 4 months ago immediately I was unable to connect to the aircraft.

When I power up the controller and connected to my IPad or IPhone the display comes up as " how to connect" with the craft powered up there is still no change, the light on the controller remains green.

A little confused Lloyd..  You said you did a firmware upgrade 4 months ago..  I don't think 1.10.90 was out then, but you're saying that the current firmware on the aircraft is the current 1.10.90??  Does that mean you got a successful recent firmware upgrade to go?

I'm assuming you tried re-linking the aircraft and remote by using the re-link function in the DJI GO app and pushing the button on the side of the aircraft?  I did run into that "how to connect" message back with 1.8 firmware and for me, erasing the app an reloading it solved the issue.  

The firmware level on the remote (transmitter?) should be there in the about section regardless of it being conected to the aircraft or not (as long as the app see the remote controller).

If it has been four months that you've been stuck, you could have had it to DJI and back already..
2016-12-29
Use props
Lloyd18
New

United States

ImagesByJAS Posted at 2016-12-29 13:52
A little confused Lloyd..  You said you did a firmware upgrade 4 months ago..  I don't think 1.10.90 was out then, but you're saying that the current firmware on the aircraft is the current 1.10.90??  Does that mean you got a successful recent firmware upgrade to go?

I'm assuming you tried re-linking the aircraft and remote by using the re-link function in the DJI GO app and pushing the button on the side of the aircraft?  I did run into that "how to connect" message back with 1.8 firmware and for me, erasing the app an reloading it solved the issue.  

Did the firmware update to 1.8 4 months ago and the problem appeared, just been to busy to even mess around with the problems and to contact DJI, which I finally did this week, they recommended trying to update to 1.10 but still no luck, now they want me to send the drone in but I do not feel that since this was a firmware induced issue and everything was working prior to 1.8 and any IOS updates that I should have to pay $$$$ to have this repaired and be without the drone for an extended amount of time.

It seems as though the remote is not even seeing the tablet....
I have tried three iPads and my iPhone, i have tried two different cables, I have re installed the app, I have even erased and restored my iPad but still nothing
2016-12-29
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
United States

Lloyd18 Posted at 2016-12-29 14:01
Did the firmware update to 1.8 4 months ago and the problem appeared, just been to busy to even mess around with the problems and to contact DJI, which I finally did this week, they recommended trying to update to 1.10 but still no luck, now they want me to send the drone in but I do not feel that since this was a firmware induced issue and everything was working prior to 1.8 and any IOS updates that I should have to pay $$$$ to have this repaired and be without the drone for an extended amount of time.

It seems as though the remote is not even seeing the tablet....

Lloyd,

So, in all sincerity, you don't know for sure where the remote is at nor the aircraft.  Without the remote talking to a display talking to the aircraft, there is no way to get any type of log or error message.  Since you let it go for several months, I really think the best route at this point is to send both the remote and the aircraft into DJI and let them get things back to a working state.  If you tried alternate cables and devices and you can't talk to the remote at all it makes things difficult.

There is one thing you can try.  It sounds like you're getting to the page with the display of the Phantom aircraft on it.  In the upper right corner is the academy symbol (graduation hat)..  I'd try hooking up the Remote Control to your best IOS device..  When you get to that DJI GO app page with the academy symbol, press and hold it down for 10 seconds or so.  You should see an option to downgrade the level of the Remote Control firmware level.  You're likely at 1.8 on the remote.. Try taking the remote back one level of firmware and see if the remote and the device see each other again.  At that point you can try a connection to the aircraft.  You can also try to get the level back up to the current level 1.8 and see if reloading that helps.

Other than that, I do think DJI is the right place to go..
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dolz Posted at 2016-12-29 09:30

Do you have another SD card to do the update?
If still the same, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
You could get in touch with our tech support at support@dji.com.
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Lloyd18 Posted at 2016-12-29 12:25

Hello Lloyd18, could you please borrow a Android device to test the connection?
2016-12-30
Use props
ay6810
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-30 01:06

Just to update, I did the latest FW update and did a short 18 minute test flight.  It seemed smoother and more responsive than before.

Marina Barrage

Marina Barrage

Shadow of P3A

Shadow of P3A
2016-12-30
Use props
fansea8ff0df
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14715 ft
United Kingdom

I recently purchased a new Phantom 3 advanced. I upgraded to the latest firmware and wish i hadn't. This firmware either works or it doesn't.  In my case it buggered my drone.  Lucky for me i was able to take it back to shop and get an exchange. Now my replacement has firmware 1.80.80+ showing on app and 1.6 on transmitter. Think i will just stick with it and see how i get on. Not worth taking a chance with this latest firmware again.
2016-12-30
Use props
Lloyd18
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-30 01:06

Android device also not working with the latest app and android system
2016-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules