New firmware for Phantom 3 Pro/Adv has been released.
49967 360 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
United States

Lloyd18 Posted at 2016-12-30 09:13
Android device also not working with the latest app and android system

Lloyd..

I think all the steps you've said you've tried eliminate the display device.  Again, try down leveling the remote using that academy symbol procedure I mentioned.  Other than that I don't see anyway getting past this without DJI..  Sorry if that's the outcome but it's really better to let them figure out what's wrong at this point..  It does sound from everything you've said that there is something amiss in the Remote Control and possibly the aircraft but there's no way to know if nothing is talking to anything...
2016-12-30
Use props
mbenatar
lvl.1
United States

I upgraded mine yesterday and had no issues flying. It was seamless.
2017-1-1
Use props
fans3e81435e
lvl.2

United States

ImagesByJAS Posted at 2016-12-28 08:32
Would like to see the source of the news clip..  As for the bullets..  I agree with Clipper_Driver whole heartedly..  We have no business being above 500 meters up.  It intrudes into airspace and landing patterns around some local airports, it likely takes the drone out of visual site, and as Clipper_Driver points out, unless we want to find ourselves boxed to a 500 ft square, I suggest we stop trying to find ways of breaking FAA rules and other country rules..  Here Maps came with RC FW 3.10 and agree that one was an unannounced disaster on DJI's part (as far as many people are concerned).  Suggest you purchase Litchi if you want/need the most detailed maps.  I can't validate the hardware acceleration option as I don't use the DJI PRO app..

Google CBS News on DJI Drones .  Dated 12 /24/16
2017-1-1
Use props
fans3e81435e
lvl.2

United States

Bet dji didn't mention Geofencing . Probably in use at the Rose Bowl we are Penn state.
2017-1-1
Use props
Dolz
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-30 00:59
Do you have another SD card to do the update?
If still the same, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
You could get in touch with our tech support at .

Yes I already tried with four different SD Card, but the result still the same...perhaps it is better wait for the next three or four months for new Firmware...thank you for your help...
2017-1-2
Use props
AJtwr
New

United States

Like so many others got a Phantom 3 pro for Christmas.  Connected everything and immediatly said it needed firmware update. Did it, was successful.  Now the camera constantly twitches  back and forth
. Did 14 IMU calibrations immediatly followed by gimbal calibration to try and remedy the problem. Flew it once and the camera will rock back and forth on the horizon whenever the aircraft is moving to the right. Is this a firmware problem?  Is there something I'm missing?  Followed the setup tutorial to the T.
2017-1-2
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
United States

fans3e81435e Posted at 2017-1-1 20:52
Google CBS News on DJI Drones .  Dated 12 /24/16

Don't see a 12/24 article.. Saw the one on GEO Fencing, which isn't anything new.
2017-1-3
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
United States

AJtwr Posted at 2017-1-2 20:03
Like so many others got a Phantom 3 pro for Christmas.  Connected everything and immediatly said it needed firmware update. Did it, was successful.  Now the camera constantly twitches  back and forth
. Did 14 IMU calibrations immediatly followed by gimbal calibration to try and remedy the problem. Flew it once and the camera will rock back and forth on the horizon whenever the aircraft is moving to the right. Is this a firmware problem?  Is there something I'm missing?  Followed the setup tutorial to the T.

Does the camera twitch indoors if you start it (without props) on a table?  Quick short video from Drone and by Smart Phone might help DJI and others here.
2017-1-3
Use props
GuyS
lvl.1

Canada

This is so confusing. I read somewhere that you can only upgrade firmware via the app after a certain app version is loaded!!!!
2017-1-3
Use props
MalcyJ
New

New Zealand

Dolz Posted at 2017-1-2 19:42
Yes I already tried with four different SD Card, but the result still the same...perhaps it is better wait for the next three or four months for new Firmware...thank you for your help...

As an UTTERLY reDUNKulous suggestion.... have you formatted them as Fat32 or exFat?

Only mention it as I have had a day of frustration using an old 1GB micro SD card that I only want to use for this sort of thing, but I didn't notice that it was Fat, not Fat32! D'oh!  In fairness I didn't read that the updates needed to be on Fat32, but duh me.

Just a wee thought there.  I have now rerun the update on both the remote and the aircraft and lo and behold I fired up and test flight in garage was successful! Woo hoo!! (honestly, I thought I'd bricked the bloody thing!)
2017-1-3
Use props
Dolz
lvl.1

Indonesia

MalcyJ Posted at 2017-1-3 23:22
As an UTTERLY reDUNKulous suggestion.... have you formatted them as Fat32 or exFat?

Only mention it as I have had a day of frustration using an old 1GB micro SD card that I only want to use for this sort of thing, but I didn't notice that it was Fat, not Fat32! D'oh!  In fairness I didn't read that the updates needed to be on Fat32, but duh me.

Hi MalcyJ,

I already tried with FAT32 formatting mode...but as I mentioned before there still no result...Formatting using mac four times...and using windows four times also...
2017-1-9
Use props
Avi8torace
New

United States

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2016-11-29 00:51
Dont do it NelsonLee...not yet.....leave it for awhile !!!

Follow this guy's advice...  Telling from experience...
2017-1-9
Use props
MichaelM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3720 ft
United Kingdom

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-12-2 16:31
Very good catch, Michael! They are lasers and believe it or not, they're mine. We bought those holiday Star Shower lights you see in every store this year.
So, here's the scoop: There are 2 low power beams that are split a thousand ways through a prism (I guess), resulting in little spots all over your tree. The company claims they are well under the power that would be frowned upon by the FAA.
They are quite noticeable from my drone though. I've looked right at them, not on purpose, and they aren't overwhelming. They are a strong point source however.

Thanks for the reply. I know exactly the device you're talking about. I ordered one for a friend from ebay. It has red and green lasers and, as you say, splits the beam up into thousands of little "dashes". I was thinking for one for my own house but I don't think my wife would be too happy. She already says its like "Deck The Halls" every year .

Your drone does pick it up well but I don't think it would be much of a problem to an airline pilot. Not much chance of a 747 attempting to land in your garden. But it is amazing footage. I wish I had the experience and nerve to fly my Pro up to those heights.
2017-1-15
Use props
MichaelM
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So now that this upgrade has been out a while, is it considered safe to upgrade yet, or are there still horror stories coming in about it? I'm hoping to finally get out sometime this week for some much needed practice.
2017-1-15
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

MichaelM Posted at 2017-1-15 08:55
So now that this upgrade has been out a while, is it considered safe to upgrade yet, or are there still horror stories coming in about it? I'm hoping to finally get out sometime this week for some much needed practice.

I wonder if this will be the final aircraft firmware update for the P3 series now that it's out of production. They pretty much refer you to the Mavic Pro now as the lower cost solution.
2017-1-15
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Flight distance : 182680 ft
Denmark

I did this firmware upgrade and now I got bad pictures and video. I have tried to reset the camera to defaults but with the same result.
The pictures looks like low resolution taken with a dirty optic.

What have you done to my P3P DJI??
2017-1-16
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Denmark

Please tell me how to downgrade to previous firmware.
2017-1-16
Use props
jangermann
lvl.3
Denmark

Please, anyone who has upgraded to the latest firmware, have you checked your photo and video quality??
2017-1-17
Use props
snsjetsP3A
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730518 ft
United States

I left my P3A on v1.1.8 (LOL!) simply because I had zero issues with it. That was until my RC crapped out and I had to update my aircraft to pair it with the refurbished RC that DJI returned to me. Now everything (aircraft, camera, batteries, RC, iPad Mini) is on the latest firmware. After about an hour of flights I am happy. So far my P3A flies great! The camera on my Advanced has never been that great for still shots but the video quality is good.
2017-1-19
Use props
MichaelM
lvl.1
Netherlands

jangermann Posted at 2017-1-16 23:25
I did this firmware upgrade and now I got bad pictures and video. I have tried to reset the camera to defaults but with the same result.
The pictures looks like low resolution taken with a dirty optic.

Well luckily my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 is still working perfectly, but the weight is a killer. On the minus side, DJI Go has stopped working with my LG G4 again, bombing out and restarting the phone. At one point it even caused a boot loop and I had to reflash the firmware to the phone. Luckily I had a (pre DJI GO) backup I was able to restore.

I know we can't expect DJI to test their software with every make and model of phone/tablet, but if they started to dedicate a bit more time to the android ecosystem, maybe it would have a few less disgruntled customers.

On another point raised, I don't think DJI will leave P3P owners in the cold when it comes to updates. It would more than likely have a duty of care to ensure all flying and safety regulations are updated. no one wants to be caught foul of the law due to outdated software.
2017-2-12
Use props
aerial1
New
Flight distance : 238776 ft
United States

scottyduzitbest Posted at 2016-11-29 08:55
downgrade to anyversion you want, easy we do it all the time. open the shell remove the main board, cut glue on internal sd card glued to bottom of main board, throw it away or format it your choice.  we install 8 gig for more flight log storage capacity. Either way with your new or formatted card in and reglued with silicon NOT HOT GLUE, reassemble drone. stick your firmware bin file on a seperate sd card and insert into gimbal. firmware must not be   downloaded from dji, all theirs will ad a + to the version label indicating its modified for altitude limit, no fly zones ect.... search around or contact me and I can possibly help you with an unmodified, non dji molested firmware version of your choice. I have em all.... be sure to do your transmitter and batteries too. well batteries wont matter on downgrade. if you downgrade far enough besure to remove djigo and find a dji pilot app download... questions about the procedure then this aint for you inwhich case contact me lol happy unrestricted flying!!!

I finally updated(it didn't allow me to press forward and skip the update like before) and skipped to the most recent. Afterwards I found out you cant do this and now I get the constant beep. I have no idea which one had before the attempted update, I assume the original factory bin file. I would like to try your bin file without the restrictions if you don't mind sending the one you think is best for the P3 Pro.
Thank you in advance!
2017-3-22
Use props
Mitcon
lvl.2
Australia

Hi all, new Dji Pro owner here. I must admit to not checking up for info about this firmware release/update but I loaded it anyway from whatever the factory default was prior. No issues after a test flight, everything is working as it should be (RC update was done via Dji Go app on Nexus 6P).
2017-3-23
Use props
fans37dfc1ea
New
Flight distance : 10292 ft
United States

I upgraded to 1.10, problems? Yes but I don't think it has to do with the upgrade. I now have no camera, no GPS and the "Disconnected" notation on my screen hence no video or GPS I have read blogs until my eyes are crossed and tried every suggestion but nothing changes. I have full batteries, loaded and unloaded and loaded again the software to all locations (drone, RC and both IPhone and tablet. One android ver. And one IOS. Nothing. I would love to here a recommendation (step by step please) if someone has one that worked for them.  Thanks folks.
2017-3-24
Use props
Mitcon
lvl.2
Australia

fans37dfc1ea Posted at 2017-3-24 15:02
I upgraded to 1.10, problems? Yes but I don't think it has to do with the upgrade. I now have no camera, no GPS and the "Disconnected" notation on my screen hence no video or GPS I have read blogs until my eyes are crossed and tried every suggestion but nothing changes. I have full batteries, loaded and unloaded and loaded again the software to all locations (drone, RC and both IPhone and tablet. One android ver. And one IOS. Nothing. I would love to here a recommendation (step by step please) if someone has one that worked for them.  Thanks folks.

Sorry, I can't help you. I'm extremely new but as I said above no issues with my P3P and Nexus 6P, Today I got a 8" tablet (Samsung Tab A 8") and it also seems to work though there is a very slight video delay/lag. That said it's like a second, enough to be annoy but not that bad that you can't use it/fly by it.

Least seems so to me, I do fly slow though (I'm new)
2017-3-24
Use props
fansc45f6100
New
Flight distance : 35433 ft

Hungary

Hi. Hello. I would like to ask when will the new firmware phantom 3 professional?
2017-3-27
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2016-11-29 00:51
Dont do it NelsonLee...not yet.....leave it for awhile !!!

exactly my thoughts- lets see how this turns out---give at least a few weeks to hear what people are saying about it
2017-3-27
Use props
fansc45f6100
New

Hungary

fansc45f6100 Posted at 2017-3-27 12:05
Hi. Hello. I would like to ask when will the new firmware phantom 3 professional?

1.10.9 firmware bad.
2017-3-27
Use props
Mitcon
lvl.2
Australia

Not very ideal to just say it's bad without any reference, what is the issue with it? Is it something that affects everyone or just certain functions or devices?
2017-3-28
Use props
fansc45f6100
New

Hungary

Mitcon Posted at 2017-3-28 01:09
Not very ideal to just say it's bad without any reference, what is the issue with it? Is it something that affects everyone or just certain functions or devices?

For me, or distance, altitude, and the video signal is the problem. You can not visszaàllìtani old firmware. Does not allow. When will the new firmware? Thanks.
2017-3-28
Use props
fans2d4f0bb6
New

United Kingdom

Not sure if this is connected to this issue but I have a further problem...

Device not charging via controller? Should it?

I have recently bought a P3PRO. Just updated all firmwares, apps, etc, including my iPhone 5S. Now the 5S doesn't charge from the controller USB though all else seems to be okay. Maybe I'm imagining things but I'm sure it charged before? I've not flown it yet as I want all to be correctly set up to minimise any flight issues. Seems poor if I have to be restricted by the battery life of my iPhone device?
2017-3-28
Use props
fansc4c7f659
New

Italy

Hi! I am new here so the first thing is to say good day  to everyone.
I am ownwer of P3 Adv and recently upgraded the firmware. I  notice that version on aircraft 1.10.90 and on transmitter unit is 1.8. Is it normal they are different?
Thank you for your help
2017-3-29
Use props
JOStern
New
United States

fansc4c7f659 Posted at 2017-3-29 05:06
Hi! I am new here so the first thing is to say good day  to everyone.
I am ownwer of P3 Adv and recently upgraded the firmware. I  notice that version on aircraft 1.10.90 and on transmitter unit is 1.8. Is it normal they are different?
Thank you for your help

Did you ever get a reply to your question?  I face the same issue
2017-6-5
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

Yes it is normal for the controller and Aircraft to have differant Firmware numbers.
What you have is correct.

2017-6-5
Use props
khughes
New
Flight distance : 3389 ft
United States

Nelsonlee Posted at 2016-12-13 20:34
No,the RC firmware 1.8.0 is the current latest version.
USB/SD card no longer working to update to your RC.
RC firmware update only now on DJI GO app.

Do you know how to do this if the GO App is not working?
2017-6-18
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

khughes Posted at 2017-6-18 07:33
Do you know how to do this if the GO App is not working?

First connect your android devices to the RC as usual.
Then power on the RC and run DJI GO and stay on main page.
Now follow the picture below to do upgrade/downgrade your RC firmware.
RC-1.jpg

RC-2.jpg
2017-6-18
Use props
rrlagonoy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 801827 ft
United States

I updated to the new firmware and have a bad result. Camera can't connect "Aircraft disconnected". I link RC and aircraft several times already and still can't connect.
2017-7-6
Use props
SHRED
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144278 ft
United States

My RC cannot connect with my P3A after I updated both.

What a big mistake!
ON EDIT...I fixed it with this...

2017-7-6
Use props
jhartlove
lvl.1
Flight distance : 897618 ft
United States

scottyduzitbest Posted at 2016-11-29 08:55
downgrade to anyversion you want, easy we do it all the time. open the shell remove the main board, cut glue on internal sd card glued to bottom of main board, throw it away or format it your choice.  we install 8 gig for more flight log storage capacity. Either way with your new or formatted card in and reglued with silicon NOT HOT GLUE, reassemble drone. stick your firmware bin file on a seperate sd card and insert into gimbal. firmware must not be   downloaded from dji, all theirs will ad a + to the version label indicating its modified for altitude limit, no fly zones ect.... search around or contact me and I can possibly help you with an unmodified, non dji molested firmware version of your choice. I have em all.... be sure to do your transmitter and batteries too. well batteries wont matter on downgrade. if you downgrade far enough besure to remove djigo and find a dji pilot app download... questions about the procedure then this aint for you inwhich case contact me lol happy unrestricted flying!!!

Hello, I upgraded my Phantom 3 pro to 1.11.20 the other day and what a disaster! CPU warnings on the ipad, video is cutting out, what a mess. NEVER had video problems before. I want to go back at least to what I had before this, or as far back as 1.7 since everyone seems to say it was the best. How can I do this? Where can i get the files that are non-DJI?
2017-7-10
Use props
fans6f4fdc8d
lvl.1

Canada

I am not happy with theverything phantom 3 advance
2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans6f4fdc8d Posted at 2017-12-22 18:45
I am not happy with theverything phantom 3 advance

May I know what problem you are having with Phantom 3 Advance?
2017-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules