Inspire 1 .mov file codec?
7912 12 2015-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nniemik
lvl.1

Canada

What codec does the inspire .mov file need for me to see the video on my computer?  I've uploaded the file to my computer and I have VLC player, but it would not open the file because it says its missing the codec.  

2015-2-9
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Save in MP4 format
2015-2-9
Use props
nniemik
lvl.1

Canada

I will do that in the future, but I've just got this Inspire and wanted to test the video quality.  I'm afraid to fly it again because I have no training or never flown a quad before,  we just wanted to test the quality of the video camera to see if its high quality enough for what we need.  I really don't want to fly it again yet if there is a codec for the .mov file.
2015-2-9
Use props
patrick.bender.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9760 ft
Sweden

My suggestion would be to shoot a movie without starting the motors. Just go around with the Inspire and make a movie in MP4.
2015-2-10
Use props
art
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170758 ft
  • >>>
United States

The codec is an h.264 recording in a MOV or MP4 wrapper. If you are on a Mac computer, MOV would be the right choice. MP4 for other platforms, unless Quicktime is installed.
2015-2-10
Use props
art
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170758 ft
  • >>>
United States

The codec is an h.264 recording in a MOV or MP4 wrapper. If you are on a Mac computer, MOV would be the right choice. MP4 for other platforms, unless Quicktime is installed.
2015-2-10
Use props
nniemik
lvl.1

Canada

Thank you art, I will try to find that codec tonight when I get home and finally get to see the video taken on the monitor.  Thanks.
2015-2-10
Use props
zeitlinger
lvl.2
United Kingdom

nniemik Posted at 2015-2-10 13:25
I will do that in the future, but I've just got this Inspire and wanted to test the video quality.   ...

Hi,
you can exercise flying with the simulator in the DJI APP, but you have to turn on your drone to get the settings.

I did some tests .MOV and .MP4 brings that same result. On a big screen for professional use you see some artefacts every 12frames on some parts of the image - due to the high compression. better results but a bit blurry with sharpness -1. also 3K works quite well, but the exposure has to be very right! . for internet and HD use = all OK
2015-3-23
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

If you are uncomfortable  flying the Inspire 1 right now there are a couple of things you should do that wont break the bank instead of your I1....Pick up a good Flight simulator like Real Flight 7.5 which comes with a stick controller that plugs into a USB port...It has quads and get you can get a comfort level in Atti mode...Theirs an old adage that says "Every crash on a Simulator saves you $50.00 dollars in repairs"....Then at the same time pick up a Blade Nano QX...It is under a hundred and gives you stick time and you can fly indoors and bounce of the walls without much damage to the walls or the quad...That will give you a good start and you should get some training in if you can...You are sharing the airspace and you do have a responsibility to make it as safe a place as you can.
2015-3-25
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

nniemik Posted at 2015-2-10 13:25
I will do that in the future, but I've just got this Inspire and wanted to test the video quality.   ...

I would suggest getting one of these...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/se ... arch=yes&sts=pi

I got this. It's totally psychotic flying it...meaning, there is not auto anything. Keeping it in one place is a test in itself let along flying it! Anyway, between this and the simulator, I learned how to comfortably fly the Inspire.
2015-3-25
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe you guys can help me. by mistake I recorded in mov but I need it to be mp4 so I can edit it in Windows movie maker. Please help me with this as I have to give it to a client.
2015-3-25
Use props
Editart
lvl.2

Sweden

Open In Streamclip and resave as *.mp4

http://www.squared5.com/

Regards
M
2015-3-29
Use props
nniemik
lvl.1

Canada

thanks for the reply guys.  I ended up finding out the transfer process was disrupted so the file was corrupt.  But everything is good now, actually preparing for the next flight now
2015-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules