DroneGun can take down rogue quadcopters...
996 7 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LaCcTv_com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54885 ft
United States

With airports, prisons, and other important facilities dealing with a growing number of incursions by amateur drone pilots, tech firms have been springing up to develop gear aimed at dealing with the problem.
The latest bit of kit to hit the market is this badass bazooka-like contraption from Australian firm DroneShield. This is one awesome beast by any standards, and at first glance looks as if it’d have little trouble smashing a rogue drone to smithereens. And then some.
In reality, however, the DroneGun’s method of operation is surprisingly gentle.
When the operator pulls the trigger, you’ll see no destructive projectiles flying forth from the DroneGun. Instead, the device jams the signal between the drone pilot and their bird, forcing the machine to fly rapidly back to the ground.

A neat feature also gives the operator the option to trigger the drone’s “return to home” function, making it easier for the authorities to locate the perpetrator so they can investigate the motive behind the possibly illegal flight. Keeping the drone intact also aids later inspection of the machine and preserves evidence in the case of a serious incident.

Sydney-based DroneShield officially launched its rifle-shaped device on Monday. Operated by a single person and used in conjunction with the company’s drone sensor gear, the 13-pound (6 kg) DroneGun can take down rogue quadcopters and other remotely controlled flying machines up to 1.25 miles (2 kilometers) away, a decent range that should be adequate for most locations and situations.

2016-11-28
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It won't be taking my drone down....as I haven't got it yet!
2016-11-29
Use props
EpicLPer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80272 ft
Austria

http://i.imgur.com/XMfgQrh.png

This is NOT possible and here's why:
stkern_2016-11-29_092331.png
2016-11-29
Use props
Kevin16
lvl.3
Flight distance : 353642 ft
Australia

Stupid idea.  Especially from large distances as it could endanger people beneath it.  Probably much safer to have a pilot controlling the drone than have it fall on someone.
2016-11-29
Use props
LaCcTv_com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54885 ft
United States

I have seen this gun back in march at a security convention and the cost is around 38k and not ready for the US market if memory serves me right.
2017-6-26
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Unless they jam GPS frequencies too, it should return to home.  If they jam GPS, that has much larger implications.  However, I've read that it is being done by at least one company.  The antenna is directive enough (shape and size), that it is probably possible.
2017-6-26
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

There was a pretty cool documentary show on Nat Geo few weeks ago. Various teams team competed for stuff like this. At the end, no team could jam/crack DJI lightbridge for now.
Only wifi phantoms could be hit with this thing.
GPS cannot be blocked!
2017-6-26
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

On the contrary, yes, they can kill gps at will, and selectively. general/consumer gps, yes, leaving the important stuff like military and civil aviation alone.
Yes, your phone will have issues, car will have issues, drone will have issues.

They can send a squack/jamming signal and scramble the 2/5 ghz signals to a limited or expanded area, also.

They can interfere with any rf communication "format" at will, "locally" and even larger footprints, as in miles. And includes GPS.

2017-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules