New tutorial video? This one is important!
938 5 2016-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

I was looking at the new version of the DJI Go app (v4.x), and noticed that for the mavic, under the hamburger menu, there is a menu item called Tutorial, and then you can choose Video Tuturial. In this option, I found a video that I have not seen, or been able to find, going to the dji.com website. The video is on YouTube here:

The video talks about the clips that restrain the gimbal, making sure to fold out the arms of the dron BEFORE doing calibration, and many other things that I wonder if people may be doing incorrectly, or missing. Compass calibration, if done wrong, *could* be the source of some erratic behavior in the Mavic that many are blaming on the software, or even the hardware. I don't doubt that the Mavic has had, and parhaps still has, some software issues, but I often wonder what type of pre-flight checks people actually did before flight.

Regardless, this is not a video I had seen before, and though I am not sure how much I learned from it, it it certainly does clarify a number of grey areas. I recommend that people watch all of the training videos before flying, regardless of whether people think they are silly, or un-necessary. Reading the manual is another important thing that many people just don't do.
2016-11-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Thanks dana 5 hadn't seen that one before, it's the first video I've seen which recommend's opening the props before firing up.
2016-11-29
Use props
8atU4uGb2cGi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17651 ft
United States

In the beginning they show taking off the gimbal cover and lock. Then mid way thru checking the frame the gimbal cover is back on, then taking off the gimbal cover is back on..  
2016-11-29
Use props
13MStang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892749 ft
United States

"Do not throw the Mavic and launch the motors while its in the air".   Remember that one!!!!   LOL
2016-11-29
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

8atU4uGb2cGi Posted at 2016-11-30 05:27
In the beginning they show taking off the gimbal cover and lock. Then mid way thru checking the fra ...

That's because it's two seperate scenes.
- One is to make sure you check gimbal prior to flying.
- The others are the Do Nots and you can fly with gimbal cover.
2016-11-29
Use props
fansebeed138
lvl.2
United States

8atU4uGb2cGi Posted at 2016-11-30 05:27
In the beginning they show taking off the gimbal cover and lock. Then mid way thru checking the fra ...

The way I see it is they show you taking off the gimbal lock, but you can fly with the gimbal cover back on, just not the lock.

Then again, I have seen other videos that show that the cover, covers the air flow vents behind the gimbal.
But just as long as you don't fly with the lock in place.
2016-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules