Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is there a way to focus without using phone/ app connected?
1238 8 2016-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ton848
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120492 ft
Netherlands

Hi guys,

My iPhone 6S battery is pretty much dead and dies (in cold weather) before I can deplete a Mavic batt. (I'll be at Apple Store soon to have it fixed) .. I've set C1 to centre focus but this only works when the phone/ app is connected I've noticed. I don't mind flying without the app, seems to work perfectly fine, but I would really like to be able to focus without the app.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks, Ton

Ps. I also wouldn't mind having a button combo which sets a new 'home' for the craft without the app connected.

Pps. What an amazing little drone you guys build. Props!!
2016-11-29
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Why don't you let get the battery replaced? Takes about 10mins... and in NL, there are MANY "smartphone doctors" that do it, a small cost to have a good working phone again.

Or if you are handy, do it yourself
2016-11-29
Use props
vnthota
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1409318 ft
Hong Kong

Looks like you fall into the iPhone6S batter replacement program. I suggest you check in with your local Apple Store or authorized retailer.
2016-11-29
Use props
ton848
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120492 ft
Netherlands

I know. I'll be at Apple Store today but I'd still like to know if it'd be possible to focus without app/ phone connected and maybe also change the home point.
2016-11-29
Use props
13MStang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892749 ft
United States

Took my 6s to Apple on Monday and it does qualify for the replacement.   However, they do not have any batteries in stock and will notify me when they become available.   They say first or second week in December.
2016-11-30
Use props
Bruen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64373 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone able to answer the focus question he/she is asking?
2016-11-30
Use props
Bruen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64373 ft
  • >>>
United States

It seems to me that neither of the C1 or C2 buttons work when the phone is not connected.
The focus button and the camera up/down functions-not able to use those functions unless the phone is plugged into the controller?
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, Bruen is correct. You can use C1 or C2 button's function when your mobile device is connected.
2016-12-3
Use props
skay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31932 ft
United States

13MStang Posted at 2016-11-30 07:33
Took my 6s to Apple on Monday and it does qualify for the replacement.   However, they do not have a ...

My store didn't have the battery either. Instead, they offered to swap my phone with a new one (not a refurb), which they did on the spot. I am in the iPhone Upgrade Program, so I don't know if that factored in.
2016-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules