Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic camera keeps turning off
14747 59 2016-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raesene
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'll add another one to the pile of people with this problem.  Got my mavic earlier in the week, managed to get a couple of flights in.  Both times after flying /videoing for a while (~6 minutes on the latest flight) I lose video connection from the drone and smart features like auto-land don't work any more (error message in app. is "command timeout").  Drone still seems to respond to controller input for flying ok, and looking at the videos, the camera was still recording after I lost the feed.  At the point where I lost connection I was ~5-10 feet from the drone, it was flying pretty low level (about 7 feet off the ground).

Fairly sure it's not going to be any kind of interference causing my problem as I'm in the middle of nowhere and there is precisely one wireless network anywhere nearby (mine).

I'll try connecting a cable to the middle port (didn't realise that was an option!) and see if that improves matters at all...
2016-12-10
Use props
CC8877
lvl.4
Flight distance : 51093 ft
Italy

Div14 Posted at 2016-12-10 10:51
I've just tried connecting my iPhone 7+ using the middle USB port as you did & now I have no more
camera loss issues.thanks my friend.
I've ordered another dji lightning cable to see if my original was faulty.

Very nice. I think maybe the little cable has no shield and is more affected from magnetic field or something similar. The one I have work great far away from the repeaters but no chance to have it work near the area mentioned. If you order another one let me know how it works.
2016-12-10
Use props
Div14
lvl.1
United Kingdom

CC8877 Posted at 2016-12-10 11:40
Very nice. I think maybe the little cable has no shield and is more affected from magnetic field or something similar. The one I have work great far away from the repeaters but no chance to have it work near the area mentioned. If you order another one let me know how it works.

I've ordered 1 & will let you know how it goes
2016-12-10
Use props
Div14
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just ordered this from amazon to see how it works.15 cm long
IMG_2213.PNG
2016-12-11
Use props
Div14
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Lol,ringer
2016-12-11
Use props
ygos
Flight distance : 124446 ft
Belgium

I have the same problem for almost for 4 weeks now. Installed the latest DJI GO 4 app (4.0.0) on my iPhone 7 Plus (iOS 10.1.1). The Mavic Pro (and remote controller) has the latest firmware v.01.03.000.
First I tried a new DJI rc cable but that did not help. Then DJI changed my remote for a new one, still the same problem. When the connection gets lost I push the home button on the iPhone and restart the DJI Go app or I unplug the rc cable and plug it back (micro USB port on remote). This resumes the connection between the iPhone and the remote controller but for a very short time (sometimes only a few seconds, sometimes 10 minutes).
When it reconnects the iPhone vibrates just like connecting to the power adapter to charge the iPhone. I even tried to delete all the logs and DJI Go app and to reinstall everything but that did not help.
The only solution till now that is stable is to use the lightning cable that came with the iPhone and connect it to the regular USB port on the remote. I also tried to use a griffin brand lightning cable (Apple MFI certified) and got the same problems.
I believe this is software/firmware problem. I hope DJI will find a solution so we can use the supplied rc cable that came with the drone.
2016-12-11
Use props
Eusjan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325883 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ygos Posted at 2016-12-11 17:48
I have the same problem for almost for 4 weeks now. Installed the latest DJI GO 4 app (4.0.0) on my iPhone 7 Plus (iOS 10.1.1). The Mavic Pro (and remote controller) has the latest firmware v.01.03.000.
First I tried a new DJI rc cable but that did not help. Then DJI changed my remote for a new one, still the same problem. When the connection gets lost I push the home button on the iPhone and restart the DJI Go app or I unplug the rc cable and plug it back (micro USB port on remote). This resumes the connection between the iPhone and the remote controller but for a very short time (sometimes only a few seconds, sometimes 10 minutes).
When it reconnects the iPhone vibrates just like connecting to the power adapter to charge the iPhone. I even tried to delete all the logs and DJI Go app and to reinstall everything but that did not help.

Use the original iPhone cable, the chips in the lightning connectors are sometimes acting up.
2016-12-11
Use props
Scrappy
lvl.1
United States

Just wanted to add another experience with Android.  Got my drone and was setting it up indoors, and instantly was having the same issue and symptoms.  I was using the standard micro USB RC cable as supplied. I tried wiggling and moving the cable around to see if I could consistently recreate the disconnection, but again like most other people it was sporadic.  I was very nervous about flying period with seeing that, gave me no confidence.  Tried the full size USB on bottom of controller to a micro USB for my Droid Turbo 2, and instantly seemed to make the camera connect faster, and seemed to be very solid in terms of no disconnection.  I think there could be a decent amount of interefence around me so I don't know if this is a shielding issue in the supplied RC cable or just literally poor construction/quality.

I am faced with the same challenge now of finding a suitable 90 degree micro USB cable so my left hand can rest comfortably on that side of the control, the straight plug I tested made for no good spot to grip and control the left stick.  Definitely not sure another standard micro USB RC cable from DJI will behave any differently.  I pulled mine straight out of the package and had this issue, I did push it gently into the groove on the side of the controller but if the cable is so frail that it caused it to short or whatever, I don't want to run the risk of that while flying at all.
Hoping this isn't a hardware problem with the micro USB port on the controller either, if I wanted to use a smaller and shorter cable there.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in on this, it was starting to frustrate me and I haven't even flown outside yet!
2016-12-15
Use props
Div14
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Someone posted on another thread that if you put your phone in airplane mode it fixes the issue with loss of picture while using the
supplied dji lightning cable.i have tried this at home & it seems to have worked.
2016-12-21
Use props
fans61954438
lvl.1

United States

Sams problem. See http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid613320

DJI please acknowledge the problem
2016-12-21
Use props
SailorGerry
New

United States

mine was shutting off. video would first turn grey then fuzzy then turn off! isolated the problem down to the cable!! it would disconnect in flight and lose video consistently. I could still control the aircraft though
2017-2-6
Use props
wallywalts
lvl.1

Singapore

Div14 Posted at 2016-12-21 04:09
Someone posted on another thread that if you put your phone in airplane mode it fixes the issue with loss of picture while using the
supplied dji lightning cable.i have tried this at home & it seems to have worked.

That might well have been me! I'm glad you have experienced the same issues as myself and have managed to resolve it with airplane mode as well. This goes to prove it's a software bug.
2017-2-6
Use props
fans58ae17ea
New
Flight distance : 528156 ft
United States

CC8877 Posted at 2016-12-10 03:40

I had the same problem with my RC and Iphone 6+.  I would loose camera within a min or two and either had to power down or unplug and plug the lightning cable.  This was in my house just a few feet from me.  
Someone posted that they turn there phone into airplane mode and it cleared it up.   So the next day I put my phone in airplane mode and tested it.  It worked perfect and within a few min I was flying over 2000 feet with no disruption.   I am sure the standard iphone cable plugged into the usb will work as well.  Obviously there is a shielding problem  with the flat cable on the controller.   Being forced to loose your mapping during flight so that you don't loose video is not a good long term solution and DJI needs to recognize this problem and  send us all new shielded cables or controllers if necessary.  It's an amazing product and its a shame they have not been more helpful to us who are buy their new product and helping it be a success.  
2017-3-9
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its not a hardware issue as far as I can tell.

I had my mavic for several months now and today I updated the firmware to the latest version.
With the Samsung S7 I took it to fly, video signal drops out, Mavic remains controllable. Flew it back, landed it, restarted mavic, remote and GOAPP4.
After another few minutes of flying the same thing happened.
Video keeps recording, I could even stop the recording without the video signal feed. Flew Mavic back once more.

Never had this problem before, just today after the firmware update. Flew in the same location where I have flown the Mavic many times before, no interference.

I feel like a lot of new owners receive their Mavic at the moment and after installing the latest update are hit by this issue, thinking their model is defective.
DJI should clarify this quickly to not have doozens of people send back their functional Mavics because of a software bug.
2017-3-9
Use props
topflight
New
United States

I have the same problem I even bought a mini iPad 4 and tried it no deference
2017-4-5
Use props
Clapper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1528392 ft
United States

topflight Posted at 2017-4-5 07:45
I have the same problem I even bought a mini iPad 4 and tried it no deference

In my experience the camera stopping recording and needing to hit the record button again has to do with the speed and quality of the SD card. The problem seems less with the Extreme Plus card I have now. This may be a different issue than the camera just not working or losing video on your device screen. My Mavic Pro does it the same way my P3S did. I use my drones as tripod video cameras (not flying) and have found that video just stops recording usually somewhere between 20 minutes and 30 minutes intervals. It's annoying when I am taking video of an event that lasts a couple hours and I just want to shoot the whole thing in one file and not miss bits when I am away from the controller and it decides to shutoff.  The Mavic Pro is saving 4K video in a series of 9:20 min files which is also weird, but does no harm as they knit together seamlessly in editing. Oh well, I guess when shooting long stuff I just have to watch the controller and keep hitting the record button every time if stops itself.
2017-6-17
Use props
HLconservation
lvl.1
Indonesia

Definitely try changing the cable. Used an iPhone lightning cable and problem was solved, saved my ass on assignment in Indonesia!
2017-8-2
Use props
fans987d278a
Second Officer
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

HLconservation Posted at 2017-8-2 15:37
Definitely try changing the cable. Used an iPhone lightning cable and problem was solved, saved my ass on assignment in Indonesia!

I had all the issues you guys are having, except onmy  Andriod Samsung 5 phone, which seems to have many more issues than apple products. I finally took my Nividia shield off my Phantom & hooked to the big bootom port on Mavic,  instant connection!
No drop outs, no laggy video, Seems a dedicated to Mavic, android  tablet or the ipad mini 4 is the best working devices.
2017-8-4
Use props
Ivamavic
New
Australia

xavier_fr Posted at 2016-12-6 03:53
Maybe it was already discussed here : but DJI support told me " iPhone 7 is not supported and not compatible with Mavic ".... pretty incredible answer and  disappointing...
Quoted :

I'm using an iPhone 6s Plus and I have the  exact same problem my screen goes black and I get  gimbal disconnect so it's not just the iPhone 7
2017-9-18
Use props
fans3aac3781
New
United States

Ivamavic Posted at 2017-9-18 18:54
I'm using an iPhone 6s Plus and I have the  exact same problem my screen goes black and I get  gimbal disconnect so it's not just the iPhone 7

Just sent my mavic pro in for the same reason.  You think they would have figured this out by now. I think it is software because I have tried every trick on YouTube and different cables. The big USB port and still get the gimbal disconnect and I also get re-center stick and it won't let me calibrate it and it does not show battery temp either
2019-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules