Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic camera keeps turning off
12Next >
14704 59 2016-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2a160c7b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

can anyone help me?
I received my mavic yesterday from my local shop,got it home & set it up.
I have not flown it yet,only had it all connected & sitting on the table.
After a short time the picture from the camera switches off & in the status it says gimbal disconnected,if I turn both
the aircraft & the controller off & back on again the camera works fine for a short time before switching off again.
I am using an iPhone 7 plus,the aircraft & controller software versions are both 01.02.0900
My dji go app is up to date & I have calibrated the sticks,compass & the  Imu after I did the software updates.
Before the camera switches off it seems to work perfectly.
i also tried recalibrating the imu after the picture switched off & got the message that the aircraft was not connected
Thanks
2016-11-29
Use props
Petroboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

Just a couple of obvious questions:

Did you fully charge the batteries in the Mavic and the controller?
Have you removed the gimbal clamp holding the gimbal in place?
2016-11-29
Use props
fans2a160c7b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yes,charged all batteries & removed cover & clamp
2016-11-29
Use props
fans05e6c58a
lvl.4
United States

sounds like another faulty mavic coming out of the factory.
2016-11-29
Use props
fans2a160c7b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Tried recalibrating gimbal but still the same problem
2016-11-29
Use props
Petroboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

fans2a160c7b Posted at 2016-11-29 15:25
Tried recalibrating gimbal but still the same problem

Does it look like you are losing the connection between the RC and the drone, therefore are losing the camera view?  Or is everything going dead?  

Just wondering if there's any electrical interference nearby, perhaps a computer?
2016-11-29
Use props
fans2a160c7b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Petroboy Posted at 2016-11-29 22:27
Does it look like you are losing the connection between the RC and the drone, therefore are losing ...

Just tried in my bedroom away fron TV etc,it stayed in atti mode the whole time & switched off again.
I powered up the motors without the props & everything seems to be responding to the commands.
If I lift the aircraft up by hand  & move it about the gimbal reacts as it should but just no picture
on my screen.
2016-11-29
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Record video on the mavic, then when it happens... wave in front of the camera. Then stop recording and check on your pc of it still recorded the image. If it did, then the camera is fine. if it is also black, then...
2016-11-29
Use props
fans2a160c7b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 2016-11-29 23:05
Record video on the mavic, then when it happens... wave in front of the camera. Then stop recording  ...

Just tried recording,it recorded for 21 minutes before the picture went,that's the longest time the
Camera has went before the picture switched off.after the picture went I did as you said & waved at the camera
& when I played it back it recorded me waving,so it must be working ok & be something else.thanks for
the idea.
2016-11-29
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Maybe your phone - Try another device.
2016-11-29
Use props
fans2a160c7b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2016-11-30 00:05
Maybe your phone - Try another device.

Will try my daughters iPhone 6s tomorrow,thanks
2016-11-29
Use props
Mooney
lvl.4

United States

What Micro SD are you utilizing?

Many people upgrade to larger sized storage but don't take speed into consideration.  This will shut camera down if card won't accept higher needs of 4k data output.
2016-11-29
Use props
DaveAus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 100807 ft
Australia

Sounds like its the phone/app. i had a similar problem last week while flying the picture would just drop out. Restarted the app and cam back up but kept dropping out.
Came home and did a test flight and worked perfectly. Seemed to be something to do with the location i was flying at. Have flown other locations since with no problems.
2016-11-29
Use props
fans2a160c7b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mooney Posted at 2016-11-30 03:32
What Micro SD are you utilizing?

Many people upgrade to larger sized storage but don't take speed i ...

Using the card that came with the mavic
2016-11-30
Use props
fans5b11356d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112001 ft
United States

I'm currently experiencing this exact issue. I took the mavic out to a park today for its first flight and my camera feed would randomly go black, accompanied by a "gimbal disconnected" status within the menus. iPhone 7+, new install of the app, all other things left as factory default (SD card, et al.) Gimbal clamp removed.

Similar to above, the camera continues to record and manual control of the mavic is possible--I just lose all visuals and smart controls through the app itself.

DJI phone support just suggested forcing a firmware reflash through the computer application and then making sure to always pair an IMU cal with a gimbal cal. We'll see..
2016-11-30
Use props
fans2a160c7b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans5b11356d Posted at 2016-11-30 21:56
I'm currently experiencing this exact issue. I took the mavic out to a park today for its first flig ...

I tried it with my daughters iPhone 6s & it works fine so must be the 7 plus at fault,I'll try what's been suggested to you
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans2a160c7b Posted at 2016-12-1 12:02
I tried it with my daughters iPhone 6s & it works fine so must be the 7 plus at fault,I'll try wha ...

I think it must be a setting in your 7+, since your daughters 6 works just fine you can rule out the aircraft/RC.
2016-12-1
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Had this same issue with a P3S, but never with two different P3P's.
2016-12-1
Use props
fans5b11356d
lvl.1
United States

I had a successful mini test this afternoon with just some basic hovering and slight maneuvers in my backyard--little different than open flight but it kept solid connection for about 15minutes whereas the problems I was seeing yesterday also occurred when the Mavic was just powered on and sitting on the ground. It took a while to be able to force the reflash of the firmware over DJI Assistant 2, eventually having actual success on the PC platform rather than the Mac. I don't think the problem relates to the type of phone/device used; today's successful tests were still performed on my 7+
2016-12-1
Use props
fans2a160c7b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-1 17:51
I think it must be a setting in your 7+, since your daughters 6 works just fine you can rule out t ...

Hi Ken,definitely my 7+,I reinstalled the latest software on both mavic & controller the recalibrated the
Imu & gimbal via my laptop,I then connected the 7+ & started everything up,I lost the picture after 25 mins.
I then turned everything off,connected the 6s & started everything again,it was still running fine after 45 mins
& I turned it off.
I haven't actually flown it yet,only connected  it up indoors without the props,will get some flights at the weekend
2016-12-1
Use props
fans2a160c7b
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans2a160c7b Posted at 2016-12-1 21:04
Hi Ken,definitely my 7+,I reinstalled the latest software on both mavic & controller the recalibra ...

Do you know if it works ok with the iPhone 6s Plus,as I like the bigger screen?
Thanks David
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans2a160c7b Posted at 2016-12-1 16:04
Hi Ken,definitely my 7+,I reinstalled the latest software on both mavic & controller the recalibra ...

That's strange, tons of users have 7+'s and haven't had any problems.
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans2a160c7b Posted at 2016-12-1 16:08
Do you know if it works ok with the iPhone 6s Plus,as I like the bigger screen?
Thanks David

The 6+ and 7+ should work just fine.
Below are the DJI recommended devices.

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-12-1
Use props
fans5b11356d
lvl.1
United States

New information/updated testing: just experienced numerous losses of image transmission when trying to fly in an open parking lot space. The first loss of transmission even happened within the short period of time between me turning on the mavic, turning to put the controller down, then grabbing the mavic to place it where I wanted to take off---grey video on the phone/in the app. Each time I experienced a drop during flight I would land, simply power cycle the controller, and once again had camera feed.

As part of troubleshooting: anything I was doing with the mavic midair when a transmission drop out occurred I then repeated numerous times after a restart in order to rule out or identify probable cause, i.e.: if pitching hard from front to back in quick succession saw a gimbal disconnect, then perhaps the ribbon cable has a poor connection---unfortunately, of the multiple image failures I experienced tonight, not a single one was repeatable when I recreated those flying conditions.

The DJI GO app itself and/or the controller seems to be the most probable source of the current issues faced, in my opinion, since changing nothing other than cycling power on the controller was enough to restore connection with the mavic.

I'm tremendously disappointed with the level of support offered by DJI, obviously not unique to my particular issue with the mavic but the support channels offered in general. I have called DJI support and used the online chat interface and through both have experienced woefully uninformed individuals that can do little better than the scripts with which they're provided; likely very lovely people but ill-equipped for the tasks set before them.

I'm somewhat at a loss at this point as I have zero trust in the Mavic as it is--if I can't assure reliable control when in my immediate line-of-sight (literally that: no more than 20 feet from me both horizontally and vertically) how am I to be able to use it more extensively? I think it's a reasonable expectation that out of the box severe flaws such as these should not be present; I'd be glad to beta test for DJI and go through scores of troubleshooting steps for them, but not when I've paid for a consumer-release device...
2016-12-1
Use props
Div14
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans5b11356d Posted at 2016-12-2 03:51
New information/updated testing: just experienced numerous losses of image transmission when trying  ...

This is exactly what mine is doing,bummer
2016-12-2
Use props
Div14
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Update.erased iPhone 7+ & set it up again,downloaded dji go 4.started mavic & controller up in dji go 4,camera picture disappeared & screen went grey after 15 mins
2016-12-4
Use props
bigcheese
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403304 ft
Germany

silly question: friend of mine have exact same problem, and because we could compare both our controllers we figured out, that his lightning connector was more out of on the left side, so it was not plugged correctly... have you checked that you perhaps have dust in your connector on your iphone? the dust out of your pockect... or the connector is not perfectly fitted ?
2016-12-4
Use props
CC8877
lvl.4
Flight distance : 51093 ft
Italy

I had the same identical problem yesterday. I was near big repeaters and I got gimbal disconnected and impossible to get aircraft battery status. At the same time DJI go 4 app was very unstable. Moved away and all went ok. Today all perfect. So maybe you are near some sort of interference? Is it possible? In my case it's very strange I got the same identical problems near the repeaters and no issue far away. I'm sure the lightning cable was correctly plugged in and my iPhone 6s Plus works fine.
2016-12-4
Use props
Peter Galbavy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545377 ft
Australia

Could it be ome part of the iphone 7/7+ protecting itself from overheating (like a GPU) that isn't in the iphone 6 etc.?

(Just trying to fault find, being an Android user I don't know the Apple hardware world well)
2016-12-4
Use props
fans5b11356d
lvl.1
United States

bigcheese Posted at 2016-12-4 15:11
silly question: friend of mine have exact same problem, and because we could compare both our controllers we figured out, that his lightning connector was more out of on the left side, so it was not plugged correctly... have you checked that you perhaps have dust in your connector on your iphone? the dust out of your pockect... or the connector is not perfectly fitted ?

Unfortunately, I'd checked for dust and even had the drop-out occur with the phone tethered via the short lightning cabals but not gripped in the phone clamps
2016-12-5
Use props
fans5b11356d
lvl.1
United States

CC8877 Posted at 2016-12-4 17:23
I had the same identical problem yesterday. I was near big repeaters and I got gimbal disconnected and impossible to get aircraft battery status. At the same time DJI go 4 app was very unstable. Moved away and all went ok. Today all perfect. So maybe you are near some sort of interference? Is it possible? In my case it's very strange I got the same identical problems near the repeaters and no issue far away. I'm sure the lightning cable was correctly plugged in and my iPhone 6s Plus works fine.

Location has been confusing for my own issues on this matter: very first flights and subsequent signal loss happened in the far reaches of a state park---while stable flight/gimbal communications were observed in my backyard in the middle of a typical residential area.

Same thing, though: gimbal disconnect and loss of all battery information (have you also noticed that's it messes up cumulative battery tracking? Despite various charges at this point my battery only reports two charge cycles.)
2016-12-5
Use props
fans5b11356d
lvl.1
United States

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2016-12-4 19:27
Could it be ome part of the iphone 7/7+ protecting itself from overheating (like a GPU) that isn't in the iphone 6 etc.?

(Just trying to fault find, being an Android user I don't know the Apple hardware world well)

I guess part of me wants to think that DJI hardware and app developers have been using the newest, therefore (allegedly) most stable platforms for testing--so it stands to reason that the iPhone 7 and 7+ should be expected to work/these issues would have been spotted already.

I'm also pretty sure all the DJI tutorial videos have an iPhone 7+ clamped into their featured controller...
2016-12-5
Use props
xavier_fr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 505801 ft
France

Hello, same issue here with my Mavic, video link is lost after a few seconds of flights, or minutes sometimes. Screen is goinf grey or black. very annoying and no support. I'm using iphone 7 and dji go 4
2016-12-6
Use props
xavier_fr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 505801 ft
France

Maybe it was already discussed here : but DJI support told me " iPhone 7 is not supported and not compatible with Mavic ".... pretty incredible answer and  disappointing...
Quoted :

Iphone 7 is not compatible , it is not in the liste

APP / LIVE VIEW

Version iOS v3.1.0 . Nécessite iOS 8.0 ou ultérieure. Compatible avec iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + mobile, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + mobile, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + mobile, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + mobile, iPad mini 4, et iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + mobile. Cette application est optimisée pour iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, et iPhone 6s Plus.

Version Android v3.1.0. Nécessite Android 4.1.2 ou ultérieure.Compatible avec Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini,Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

I am sorry to tell you this mobile device is not supported, as it is not supported we can’t guarantee it will function without issues. In order to have it work properly please try one of the following devices.

"
2016-12-6
Use props
CC8877
lvl.4
Italy

xavier_fr Posted at 2016-12-6 12:53
Maybe it was already discussed here : but DJI support told me " iPhone 7 is not supported and not compatible with Mavic ".... pretty incredible answer and  disappointing...
Quoted :

You have to use DJI GO 4 with the mavic. And yes it's iPhone 7 compliant.
2016-12-6
Use props
CC8877
lvl.4
Italy

fans5b11356d Posted at 2016-12-5 17:59
Location has been confusing for my own issues on this matter: very first flights and subsequent signal loss happened in the far reaches of a state park---while stable flight/gimbal communications were observed in my backyard in the middle of a typical residential area.

Same thing, though: gimbal disconnect and loss of all battery information (have you also noticed that's it messes up cumulative battery tracking? Despite various charges at this point my battery only reports two charge cycles.)

Can't say why there is problems in video image transmission. I used it intensely on sunday reaching 2km in the Garda Lake here in Italy and it was perfect. No problem at all.
2016-12-6
Use props
fans8bc22fef
New
Flight distance : 1251030 ft
Guadeloupe

I have the same issue with the Mavic / iphone 7+. Very frustrating! I have been flying until the screen goes gray. I then unplug the cable from the left side of the controller and plug back in and usually get another 10 minutes. Rinse and repeat : /
2016-12-7
Use props
CC8877
lvl.4
Italy

Same as what he do with my iPhone 6s Plus and iPhone 6s.
2016-12-7
Use props
CC8877
lvl.4
Italy

Yesterday I flew in the same area with big repeaters where I had problem before. So yesterday same problem. But wait I pulled off the micro USB to lightning cable and installed a cable from USB (the one in the middle of the rc) to my iPhone 6s Plus. Tada!!!! No problem at all, no more image lost, no more unknown battery capacity. All went well and I flew around repeaters without problems and my mavic has reached 1.5km without any issue.
2016-12-8
Use props
Div14
lvl.1
United Kingdom

CC8877 Posted at 2016-12-9 06:48
Yesterday I flew in the same area with big repeaters where I had problem before. So yesterday same problem. But wait I pulled off the micro USB to lightning cable and installed a cable from USB (the one in the middle of the rc) to my iPhone 6s Plus. Tada!!!! No problem at all, no more image lost, no more unknown battery capacity. All went well and I flew around repeaters without problems and my mavic has reached 1.5km without any issue.

I've just tried connecting my iPhone 7+ using the middle USB port as you did & now I have no more
camera loss issues.thanks my friend.
I've ordered another dji lightning cable to see if my original was faulty.
Would be good if dji made a USB to lightning cable for the mavic
2016-12-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules