Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
For those of you who fly where you perhaps shouldn't....
1035 8 2016-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyingviking
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151693 ft
Canada

https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/28/droneshield-anti-drone-gun/
2016-11-29
Use props
fans8fa681d7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3505518 ft
  • >>>
United States

FCC would never approve
2016-11-29
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

It can not take the P4 down like they show.  

They are not allowed to jam GPS, and they never will get such approval.  It is also hard to disable it anyway at distances greater than a few hundred feet.

This is a gimmick.
2016-11-29
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

It jams GPS and GLONAS so that the drone is forced to return to it's starting point thus identifying the location of the drone pilot.

Very clever ...  how does the drone find it's way back home with no GPS?

And what effect does the gun have on passenger aircraft if it hits one, we know those are sensitive as we have to turn our electronics off for take off and landing.  "You don't need technical training, either, so it's easy for security staff to use." - presumably the untrained staff will have some fun finding out what else it can be used for!

Surely a jammed drone with no way of navigating is far more dangerous than one that is in control.
2016-11-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nigel_ Posted at 2016-11-30 12:34
It jams GPS and GLONAS so that the drone is forced to return to it's starting point thus identifying ...

Don't confuse the issue with facts.
These products aren't made for people that concern themselves with facts.
People that are scared or all those pesky drones and the mayhem they could cause.
That there's no evidence of any drone problem isn't relevant to them.
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I don't see this getting green lit either. It just poses too much of a safety hazard. Also, it just looks like a toy gun to me.
2016-11-29
Use props
flyingviking
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151693 ft
Canada

I wouldn't say there isn't a UAV problem. Unfortunately there are a lot of idiots out there that don't understand or perhaps don't care about the danger our devices can pose. I use mine professionally and follow all the set rules. Here in Canada the rules and regulations are about to change shortly to make it easier for commercial flying but a bit tougher on recreational users. But rules don't mean much if they don't get enforced. This whole UAV industry is booming. Technology will only get better, and UAV's are getting cheaper. So in my opinion there needs to be a lot more control so that the ppl breaking the rules don't destroy this for the rest of us.
2016-11-30
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

flyingviking Posted at 2016-11-30 14:01
I wouldn't say there isn't a UAV problem. Unfortunately there are a lot of idiots out there that don ...

Legislation or controls will have nothing to do with a few people breaking some rules occasionally. It will be a deal done between your corrupt governments and big business.

Amazon want drone delivery here in the UK so they are preparing to clear a whole bunch of airspace for them pushing everyone else below 50m.

Nothing to do with safety, nothing to do with rule breakers, if you want to blame someone blame the law makers and the business they regularly wine and dine.

And yes I am now a regular rule breaker because the rules here are so badly defined no one (including the official CAA) have a clue what they mean - lol
2016-11-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"Amazon want drone delivery here in the UK so they are preparing to clear a whole bunch of airspace for them pushing everyone else below 50m"

I really can't see them pulling that one off, it's hard enough sometimes to get a hand delivery, will be a hundred times worse and a good deal more dangerous if they let those comedians fly about.

2016-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules