Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best place to put phone on device holder, to not block antennas?
1684 17 2016-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ScaredOfHeight$
New

United States

I did this little mod, as I am worried that having the phone centered on the metal bar horizontally will block the antennas. Anyone else have suggestions?
image.jpg
2016-11-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If you turn the RC bottom down, & with the antenna pointing up, you will, be fine.

No one has ever complained that I know of, about their device blocking antenna reception, or sending signal out.

RedHotPoker
2016-11-29
Use props
ScaredOfHeight$
New

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-29 22:20
If you turn the RC bottom down, & with the antenna pointing up, you will, be fine.

No one has ever ...

What about the internal antennas? Your phone would theoretically be sitting right under the plastic antenna, but sitting directly in front of the two stickers that say "do not block" Thanks - Ethan
2016-11-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Admittedly I don't know anything about the internal antenna or the obstruction sticker.
Ah, plus very little knowledge about how the Standard works in conjunction with your device.

Perhaps a forum mod could make some suggestion, for best and most beneficial positioning.

RedHotPoker
2016-11-29
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

I too am concerned about the internal antenna. They are basically collector plates and subject to obstructions and alignment.

I found that at times my display would lose connection - pushing it back so it was seen by those plates restored connection instantly. This indicates to me the directional state of them.

The advanced and pro do not use plates, but stick antenna. In my mind a much better idea.

I have the argtek mod coming for my standard, it has crossed my mind whether to look at swapping the side plate antenna for stick type on the argtek.

Nigel
2016-11-29
Use props
Betamace
First Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

I bought an Inspire tablet holder, that flimsy plastic phone clamp is an embarrassment....
2016-11-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Betamace Posted at 2016-11-29 22:59
I bought an Inspire tablet holder, that flimsy plastic phone clamp is an embarrassment....

They are talking about the Phantom 3 Standard, which has a completely different device holder. ;-)

Notice the OP's pic in post one?

Yes, the Inspire device holder works much better than the stock one that came with the Phantom 3 Pro' RC.

RedHotPoker

2016-11-29
Use props
Betamace
First Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-30 14:06
They are talking about the Phantom 3 Standard, which has a completely different device holder. ;-) ...

The Inspire tablet holder mounts on the neck strap eye bolt, just like the OP did with his phone clamp. It's rock steady and can securely accommodate either a phone, ipad or tablet up to 10.1 inches. It will not interfere with any of the three RC antennas, control sticks or S switches.
2016-11-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Betamace Posted at 2016-11-29 23:22
The Inspire tablet holder mounts on the neck strap eye bolt, just like the OP did with his phone  ...

Ok, well that's an awesome option.  Please post a pic of yours. Thanks. ;-)

Many of us, myself included, have already switched to the Inspire device holder for our Phanrom 3 Pro and same with them flying an Advanced model too.
It simply replaces the OEM device holder that came with our RC...

RedHotPoker
2016-11-29
Use props
Betamace
First Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-30 14:34
Ok, well that's an awesome option.  Please post a pic of yours. Thanks. ;-)

Many of us, myself inc ...

I sent my P3s in to be fixed. Got tired of the compass warning everytime I do a clockwise rotation.
2016-11-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Betamace Posted at 2016-11-29 23:42
Look in Amazon. I sent my P3s in to be fixed.

Sure I can do that. What's the hyperlink? Haha

But seriously, please post a pic, when ever your flight kit returns home... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-11-29
Use props
retireddog
lvl.3

United States

How in the hell do you post a photo on this site? Thanks.
2016-11-30
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

retireddog Posted at 2016-11-30 13:36
How in the hell do you post a photo on this site? Thanks.

When entering message click on 'Advanced' (right hand side). You will see an optin to 'attach' (paper clip) which s what I use. Max' size of file 2MB can be uploaded.
2016-11-30
Use props
retireddog
lvl.3

United States

Thanks for the quick reply on how to post a photo. But whats up with this having to use extra small photos to be able to post here. I couldn't even use a photo from a cell phone with the restrictions.
2016-11-30
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-30 14:06
They are talking about the Phantom 3 Standard, which has a completely different device holder. ;-)

The standard as per mine and OP has that flimsy phone clamp.

So ??
2016-11-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

retireddog Posted at 2016-11-30 07:14
Thanks for the quick reply on how to post a photo. But whats up with this having to use extra small  ...

If you click the Advanced tab, then you can post regular pics from your cell camera roll. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2016-11-30
Use props
retireddog
lvl.3

United States

I tried it and I got the message that the photo was too big.
2016-11-30
Use props
JpNL
First Officer
Flight distance : 428245 ft
Netherlands

retireddog Posted at 2016-11-30 19:55
I tried it and I got the message that the photo was too big.

Inspire holder on the P3S controller

Time to install 2 minutes.
holder1.jpg
holder2.jpg
2016-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules