1575 10 2016-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mistral
lvl.2
Flight distance : 595059 ft
United States

Has anybody else noticed this?

More often than not, when I want to take a picture, my setting is set to JPG even if I have set it a while back to RAW. I go into the camera settings and switch it back to RAW take a few shots and keep flying, shoot a video and do some modes. After a while the picture setting is back to JPG without me switching it.

It's really not that big of a deal, but seems like a bug to me. Anybody else experience this?

Thanks,

-s
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Mistral,please help clarify model and system version of the mobile device you are using, and the APP version.
The firmware for aircraft is up to date, right?
We'll do a test here.
2016-11-30
Use props
CFGHvqwXJkJy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I noticed that on the last flight I did. I was switching between video and still and when I looked on the SD card when I got home I only had RAW/JPG from earlier but only JPG from the last flight when I was switching about more. Its a shame because i got some nice sunset shots that I would have liked in RAW

Sounds like it is somehow defaulting back
2016-11-30
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

I'm getting the exact same thing. The RAW setting doesn't "stick" and keeps going back to JPG. I encountered this with both v3 and the new GO 4.
I'm up to date with all firmware. Luckily this is the only bug I've seen using it on a Galaxy S7 with Android 6.0.1.
2016-11-30
Use props
Mistral
lvl.2
Flight distance : 595059 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-30 03:48
Mistral,please help clarify model and system version of the mobile device you are using, and the AP ...

Thanks DJI Natalia for your reply.

I should have included this in the original post.

DJIGo App is: 3.1.0
Both Mavic and controller are: v01.02.0900

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Alpha (5) with Android version: 5.0.2

Thank you for looking into it.
2016-11-30
Use props
Edson Moura
New

Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-30 19:48
Mistral,please help clarify model and system version of the mobile device you are using, and the APP version.
We'll do a test here.

I have experienced a similar malfunction. The RAW + JPG option now gives me only JPG files. But it was working when I first started using my Mavic. I was getting pairs of RAW and JPG files as expected. I am wondering if any other setting that I have changed interfered with this.

Now, not anymore. I have done upgrade to latest firmware but still have the same problem.
2016-12-28
Use props
Edson Moura
New

Brazil

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-30 19:48
We'll do a test here.

I have experienced a similar malfunction. The RAW + JPG option now gives me only JPG files. But it was working when I first started using my Mavic. I was getting pairs of RAW and JPG files as expected. I am wondering if any other setting that I have changed interfered with this.

Now, not anymore. I have done upgrade to latest firmware but still have the same problem.
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Edson Moura Posted at 2016-12-28 14:34

Thanks for your feedback, what is your APP version and mobile device's model? We'll transfer the feedback to our engineers for a further evaluation.
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi All, please upgrade the APP and AC firmware to the latest and try again, and keep us posted, thanks.
2016-12-30
Use props
No1much
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143878 ft
United States

I notice that with my (Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Android version 6.0.1, with DJI GO 4.0.1 app) when I put my Mavic (firmware 1.03.0200) into ActiveTrack or Gesture mode, it's stopped taking RAW pictures like I told it to- pictures taken in ActiveTrack and definitely the one I took in Gesture mode seem to default from RAW (16:9 or 4:3) to 16:9 JPG. Managed to reproduce this 2 days ago. Synced my flight logs after flight, as I do at the end of every outing with my Mavic, if someone needs to take a look.
2016-12-30
Use props
djiuser_6Ng92qoI0WVk
lvl.1
United States

I have the smart controller and the Mavic 2 Pro (both have the latest versions) and even though I choose RAW it still only shoots JPG. Please help. Killing the quality of my business shots. Thanks!
2019-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules