DJI Go Record 1080p 60fps? Jitter problem only in DJI Go app?
1815 3 2016-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CreativeMe
lvl.2
Sweden

Just recieved my Osmo Mobile and im really satisfied actually even if many have problems with it.
So here's my thoughts about Osmo Mobile.

1)
Yes, theres some jittery/warping in the footage BUT you can really minimize it by learing how to walk with it.
The walking make such a huge different. Since i've been using an steadicam gimbal for my dslr for a while i've learned som techniques.
The better you learn how to walk with it the better fotage you gonna get and this apply to the Osmo Mobile to.
The only thing i notice is that the jitter/warping problem is far less in the stock camera app in iPhone.
I don't know. Does iPhone use some sort of electronic stablizor + OIS to get even smoother shots just for handheld shots since most of the
iPhone owners will not purchase an gimbal? DJI, any thoughts regarding that?

2)
I looked thru the video settings in DJI Go but couldn't find a 1080p 60fps setting, why?
I know 4K is 'thing' right now but I would really like to get the smooth slowmotion effect in postproduction.

3)
I've read that some people even had problem with the Osmo Mobile mounted on a tripod and motor sound.
I didn't have problem with. It's really stable when mounted and my phone didn't pick up any motor sound.
Im using an iPhone 7 Plus so I don't think that weight is the issue.

So is Osmo Mobile bad?
NO Im happy with it and I've got a great deal for it.
269 USD for the Osmo Mobile + Extra battery + External charger!
Of course it got some cons but it's not like the OSmo Mobile is useless, right?
I think the DJI should improve/update the DJI Go app and dig into why the stock camera app produce a smoother footage than the DJI Go app.

Im really new to DJI products but im loving it already.
I've ordered the DJI Mavic from a retailer almost a month ago but still havn't recieved it yet.
Any dates for the shipping to Sweden DJI?
The retailers said that they will get in stock next year January, is it true?

2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We're still working on the 60 fps option on iPhone and plan to add this function
2016-11-30
Use props
CreativeMe
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-30 12:11
We're still working on the 60 fps option on iPhone and plan to add this function

Okey, great!

But how come the iPhone stock camera app produce a smoother footage than the DJI Go app?
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

CreativeMe Posted at 2016-11-30 19:19
Okey, great!

But how come the iPhone stock camera app produce a smoother footage than the DJI Go  ...

I'm not surprised by that...
2016-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules