Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Autoflight Autopilot
1179 4 2016-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

Hi all, another question I hope someone can help with.

I'm considering buying the Autopilot app. However, I'd like to know if it can control pan and tilt of the camera at the same time.

I've trawled the internet, read all the threads here that I could find, even visited their website.... but can't find the answer.

With DJI Go, you can assign swapping tilt or pan to one of the contollable buttons on the RC. But, the only way you can do both togther is by holding your finger on the device and dragging.... that's not easy as it means holding the RC plus iPad in one hand to do it!

Is there a way to do it in Autopilot, or does it do it in any of the auto modes like Focus? I read on one thread you may still have to assign a swap to a button and change manually.

I'm sure a good pilot could do it by rotating the Inspire while moving the tilt.... but that's not me
2016-11-30
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Salty... Autopilot is a very capable app and it allows you to control your bird in quite a few ways. Your statement that you couldn't find any info on controlling the camera tells me you didn't read the extremely long list of available methods but wanted someone else to do it for you. I don't mean to sound harsh but if you're not going to read their info, you'll never access most of the functions they have built into this amazing program. I'll give you a simple answer of yes, and let you take it from there.
2016-11-30
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Salty
like flighttime 1 stated,  this is a very comprehensive program allowing you complex control during automated flight. This is not a beginner App and requires reading and understanding of all the flight control segments before using it.
I would suggest you read the flight school document link below as I believe this is great information
https://autoflightlogic.com/autopilot/flightschool

Rich
2016-11-30
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

Thanks both. It was down to a choice of do I ask the obviously experienced guys'n'gals at this site, or do I trawl through 30 pages of "Flight School" and 3 hours 40 minutes of youtube tutorials to find the answer before I decide to buy. If I do decide to buy it, I will of course watch all the videos and read all of Flight School.

As it is I asked the guy in the shop where I bought it today.... his advice to me was not to use anything but the DJI Go App until I was much more experienced and 100% confident I could cope in an emergency.... good advice I think for now.

Cheers
2016-12-1
Use props
delcodrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440367 ft

United States

Salty777 Posted at 2016-12-1 19:43
Thanks both. It was down to a choice of do I ask the obviously experienced guys'n'gals at this site, or do I trawl through 30 pages of "Flight School" and 3 hours 40 minutes of youtube tutorials to find the answer before I decide to buy. If I do decide to buy it, I will of course watch all the videos and read all of Flight School.

As it is I asked the guy in the shop where I bought it today.... his advice to me was not to use anything but the DJI Go App until I was much more experienced and 100% confident I could cope in an emergency.... good advice I think for now.

Take a look at Litchi
2016-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules