Adjust gimbal roll in flight via Controller buttons..
5389 11 2016-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JFXMedia
lvl.2

United States

I read somewhere that it is possible to adjust the gimbal roll while in flight via the controller buttons, holding one, and using a wheel. I have not been able to figure out how to do this or seen any settings in the DJI Go app. Does anyone know how to do this or if it's possible ?
2016-11-30
Use props
kevinrwhitley
lvl.1

United States

I'm sure several of us would be interested in this... just took mine up this morning and had to manually adjust gimbal roll mid flight to correct horizon...
2016-11-30
Use props
ctopysf
lvl.2

United States

You can hold down C2 while turning the right (camera adjustment) wheel to adjust roll. There is a bug right now that makes this also adjust the camera EV at the same time (as if you weren't holding down C2). I haven't tested to see if its fixed in the new iOS app yet.
2016-11-30
Use props
Ulfert
lvl.2
Flight distance : 203005 ft
Germany

Dji Go 4 App still has the bug.
2016-11-30
Use props
dustout
lvl.2
United States

ctopysf Posted at 2016-11-30 11:31
You can hold down C2 while turning the right (camera adjustment) wheel to adjust roll. There is a bu ...

This does not adjust gimbal roll at all for me. Is there something else I have to do to get this feature to work? C2+right wheel does nothing except change EV, the gimbal does not rotate. Everything up to date. Doesn't work with the DJI Go app nor the new v4.
2016-11-30
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

dustout Posted at 2016-12-1 09:21
This does not adjust gimbal roll at all for me. Is there something else I have to do to get this fe ...

Doesnt work for me either.
I just went into gimbal settings and adjusted there.
2016-11-30
Use props
James L.
lvl.2
United States

I hope they update with firmware where you can adjust the gimbal roll with the 5D button.

I shoot 4k so zoom in left and right does not get used.

Holding down c2 and exposure wheel works but it also changes the exposure so they need to fix that problem.  However, I think the 5D button would work better.  
2016-12-6
Use props
dustout
lvl.2
United States

James L. Posted at 2016-12-6 17:21
I hope they update with firmware where you can adjust the gimbal roll with the 5D button.

I shoot 4k so zoom in left and right does not get used.

Are you running ios? Trying to figure out if those of us unable to use this shortcut are all on Android.
2016-12-7
Use props
dustout
lvl.2
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2016-11-30 23:52
Doesnt work for me either.
I just went into gimbal settings and adjusted there.

Are you on Android? Some people are reporting this works fine for them so I'm wondering if it's only on Android having problems.
2016-12-7
Use props
JFXMedia
lvl.2

United States

Android here, does not work for me, never has with my phantoms or mavic. Would be ideal as stated prior, if the 5D button could be programmed for gimbal roll left/right.
2016-12-7
Use props
James L.
lvl.2
United States

I'm on iOS.

With the Phantom 4, the C2+exposure wheel adjusted the roll without changing the exposure.  However with the Mavic, when you try that short cut, it changes the roll and also changes the exposure.

I hope they can give us the option to set 5D button to change gimbal roll. Then it won't conflict with exposure or anything.
2016-12-8
Use props
Jumbo333
lvl.2
Flight distance : 797930 ft
France

Somes news, C2 + Wheel don't works with Mavic + Android 4.1.22
2018-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules