Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Facebook live-streaming. Does it require the official Facebook app?
1109 9 2016-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StigNygaard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

Hi

It looks like I can connect to YouTube and stream live. I haven't actually yet tried starting a transmission  to YouTube, but it looks like I can connect and everything is ready to push "Start"...

But it doesn't seems like I can connect to Facebook to live-stream. I don't get a change to enter credentials or anything. It just "hangs" waiting to connect when trying. I don't have the official Facebook app installed, I guess that is probably the problem. But does anyone know for sure if that's an requirement?

/Stig

2016-11-30
Use props
Ulfert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 203005 ft
Germany

I don't have the FB App installed but can use FB streaming.
2016-11-30
Use props
StigNygaard
Second Officer
Denmark

Ulfert Posted at 2016-11-30 22:40
I don't have the FB App installed but can use FB streaming.

Hmmm, thanks. I wonder why it wont work for me then :-/ ...
2016-11-30
Use props
StigNygaard
Second Officer
Denmark

Now I have uninstalled the old DJI Go app and installed the new version 4 app.
YouTube still seems to be okay, but now I get a "temporary disabled" message from the app when trying to create a FB livestream. Probably not implemented in DJI Go 4 yet I guess? :-/ ...
2016-12-1
Use props
Gary Mac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

StigNygaard Posted at 2016-12-1 16:13
Now I have uninstalled the old DJI Go app and installed the new version 4 app.
YouTube still seems t ...

I just enabled both FB and YT on the new app. I can't test, but no issues setting them up.
Oh, and no special apps installed for either... just the basic FB and YT apps.  I don't think they are needed either though.
2016-12-1
Use props
StigNygaard
Second Officer
Denmark

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-12-2 01:00
I just enabled both FB and YT on the new app. I can't test, but no issues setting them up.
Oh, and ...

My DJI Go 4 app still says Facebook Streaming is not yet available with DJI Go 4. However I have now also re-installed the "old" DJI Go app, and this time I was able to connect to Facebook (I have not actually tried starting a live-stream yet though).

If it was the re-install of the old app (clear app cache & data, uninstall, reboot, reinstall), or if it just was temporary problem connecting to Facebook, I don't know. But connecting works for me now. And even without any Facebook app installed at all on the phone
2016-12-2
Use props
Gary Mac
Second Officer
United States

I'm using Go 4 and everything seems to be working.  I can initiate a stream on both YT and FB, however I don't get any posts there.  I think this is due to the fact that I don't have the drone connected.  I do not get any errors on my iPad or my iPhone though.  Impatiently waiting for my Mavic!  

I just did a little more testing.  I was able to live stream to YT (even though it was just a blank screen) but haven't been able to get FB to work.  It "looks" like it is working, but doesn't post a video.  I still think it's due to the lack of a connected drone, but it appears the permissions are correct.
2016-12-2
Use props
StigNygaard
Second Officer
Denmark

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-12-2 22:21
I'm using Go 4 and everything seems to be working.  I can initiate a stream on both YT and FB, howev ...

Well, I'm on Android. That is of course why we don't see exact same behavior :-)
2016-12-3
Use props
Gary Mac
Second Officer
United States

StigNygaard Posted at 2016-12-3 10:28
Well, I'm on Android. That is of course why we don't see exact same behavior :-)

Yep, that could be the issue.  It is much easier to code for Apple, as all their products are tightly controlled.  Programming for Android means trying to make something compatible with hundreds of hardware variations and software versions.

That said, I'm sure they'll work out the bugs as they are reported (i.e. What phone model and software version the app isn't working correctly on.)
2016-12-3
Use props
StigNygaard
Second Officer
Denmark

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-12-3 17:01
Yep, that could be the issue.  It is much easier to code for Apple, as all their products are tigh ...

The message it gives simply sounds like Facebook live streaming hasn't been implemented yet in the new DJI Go 4 for Android. It doesn't look like an error.
2016-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules