Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy Sayle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Folks,

I received a P4Pro today, and all is good.  I ordered the basic set without the display (so I can still use my little samsung tablet/ipad).  The TX doesn't have a HDMI output on it anywhere.

Does anyone know if the Phantom 4 HDMI module upgrade (Spare part 54 according to the label on the box of mine) is compatible with the P4Pro transmitter?

Cheers
Andy

2016-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Andy, the HDMI module for Phantom 4 can be used for Phantom 4 Pro.
2016-12-1
Use props
ZOMBEE
lvl.2
United States

The HDMI module does not work on the P4P.  The latest firmware update did nothing for me.
2016-12-14
Use props
Velocity35
lvl.1
United States

I can also confirm the HDMI module does NOT work on the P4P remote controller. You can install the HDMI module with no issues (ribbons still connect in same places they should into the board) but when powering on the remote controller, I get a red dot and Disconnected in the App itself.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Velocity35 Posted at 2016-12-15 12:53
I can also confirm the HDMI module does NOT work on the P4P remote controller. You can install the HDMI module with no issues (ribbons still connect in same places they should into the board) but when powering on the remote controller, I get a red dot and Disconnected in the App itself.

The P4P RC is awaiting a firmware update in order to support the HDMI module.
2016-12-14
Use props
Velocity35
lvl.1
United States

Great! thank you DJI-Jamie.
2016-12-16
Use props
SIAPV
lvl.1
France

Hello , for the time mine don't work :-( When I plug the HDMI cable on the external screen  the smarthphone (Android) can't give video .
I have only OSD (ON or OFF) but no video signal :-(

I hope next firmware update is coming soon !
2016-12-16
Use props
mikesher.live
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123045 ft
  • >>>
United States

ZOMBEE Posted at 2016-12-15 05:14
The HDMI module does not work on the P4P.  The latest firmware update did nothing for me.

Don't give up.  It works for me (iOS and Android).  I had to re-update the firmware on the remote (as prompted from iOS).  Also check cable connections.   Proof is in the pictures: Pictures of P4P w/HDMI module
2016-12-16
Use props
SIAPV
lvl.1
France

mikesher.live Posted at 2016-12-16 23:17
Don't give up.  It works for me (iOS and Android).  I had to re-update the firmware on the remote (as prompted from iOS).  Also check cable connections.   Proof is in the pictures: Pictures of P4P w/HDMI module

How you do for re-update the RC firmware ? (Android) ??
2016-12-17
Use props
mikesher.live
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123045 ft
  • >>>
United States

SIAPV Posted at 2016-12-18 04:13
How you do for re-update the RC firmware ? (Android) ??

I ended up using the iOS app, as it prompted me to upgrade.  The Android app did not prompt me to do the upgrade.  I am not sure what the process is to revert to a previous firmware on the remote, and then re-upgrade but that is definitely what is needed. Now that my firmware on the remote was upgraded AFTER installing the HDMI module, it works on both iOS and Android.   When I first installed the HDMI module AFTER my 1st remote firmware update, it did not work.  It was only after re-installing the firmware that it started working.
EDIT:  I found this topic elswhere on the forum to downgrade the firmware: http://forum.dji.com/thread-48287-1-1.html

2016-12-17
Use props
SIAPV
lvl.1
France

mikesher.live Posted at 2016-12-17 22:09
I ended up using the iOS app, as it prompted me to upgrade.  The Android app did not prompt me to do the upgrade.  I am not sure what the process is to revert to a previous firmware on the remote, and then re-upgrade but that is definitely what is needed. Now that my firmware on the remote was upgraded AFTER installing the HDMI module, it works on both iOS and Android.   When I first installed the HDMI module AFTER my 1st remote firmware update, it did not work.  It was only after re-installing the firmware that it started working.
EDIT:  I found this topic elswhere on the forum to downgrade the firmware: http://forum.dji.com/thread-48287-1-1.html

Thanks for your answer ! The RC is now updating (in progess ... ) :-)

I forgot one touch (update required Tab) for the RC ...
2016-12-17
Use props
WHGP34K
New
Flight distance : 14918 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-14 21:49
The P4P RC is awaiting a firmware update in order to support the HDMI module.

I just got my new Phantom 3 4K, found no HDMI output on W325 controller. Can I purchase and install the HDMI Module on the P3 4K? The challenge for me today is do I keep it, or send it back. The HDMI output is critical to me.
2017-8-12
Use props
yosephat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 724570 ft
Indonesia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-1 01:13
Andy, the HDMI module for Phantom 4 can be used for Phantom 4 Pro.

hello, Natalia.

Can I use phantom 3 Pro/Adv HDMI module for phantom 4 Pro RC without display?
2018-1-7
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes - I have installed HDMI modules on my P3 Pro, P4 and P4 Pro RCs and it works on all three. You MUST update/refresh the RC firmware to install the required drivers for the HDMI module and then it will work.
2018-1-7
Use props
miguelss188
New

Mexico

Hi everybody! I have a Phantom 4, no adv, no pro, only Phantom 4 with the last firmwares in RC and Drone. I have been trying to use HDMI module, but i get weak transmissionsignal, the cause is HDMI module. In other post people says the problem is fixed with a downgrade, somebody knows what firmware in RC and drone? I use DJI GO 4 v4.2.20 in Samsung Galaxy S5 and v4.2.16 in iPad Air 2. Sorry for my english.
2018-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules