3171 20 2016-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Got my P4P this afternoon and had to do firmware update of RC and AC immediately.
After that I tried some twelve times to calibrate the IMU: every time I got error code -22: IMU 1 failed to calibrate.

Can't fly it.

Any ideas ?
2016-12-1
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

Same here :-( did you do exactly as the instructions say in the pictures while calibrating ? I.e. Putting it on its side, facing up, facing down, upside down ?
2016-12-1
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2016-12-1 19:34
Same here :-( did you do exactly as the instructions say in the pictures while calibrating ? I.e. Pu ...

Yes I followed the pictures scrupulously. And probably I did something right as IMU 2 succeeded in it's calibration. It was always IMU 1 that failed.
2016-12-1
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I just done the calibration again after leaving the drone for out in minus 3 temps, done imu and got one of the IMU's to show ok and one failed,
2016-12-1
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Wonder if these things are getting knocked around severely in shipping if the error is related to the IMU getting jarred?

Some guy on YouTube demonstrates the Error 25 on a P2 but it seems sort of brutal.

2016-12-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-12-2 08:23
Wonder if these things are getting knocked around severely in shipping if the error is related to th ...

That is not a P3, it is a P2 and has no relevance to calibrating a P4P.
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

PhanFran Posted at 2016-12-2 02:59
Yes I followed the pictures scrupulously. And probably I did something right as IMU 2 succeeded in ...

Have you tried to reset it and upgrade again through the Assistant 2?
Please cool it down for a while then calibrate it in a very level surface, if still the same case, please export the flight data through Assistant 2, upload to dropbox then provide us the link, we'll help you analyze it.
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2016-12-2 05:15
I just done the calibration again after leaving the drone for out in minus 3 temps, done imu and got ...

May I know how it's going now?
Just to clarify, you failed to calibrate IMU after a firmware upgrading or not? if so, please try the methods mentioned 7# and provide us the flight data for further evaluation.
2016-12-1
Use props
isabelle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1821 ft
France

HI

I encounter the same problem
I tried it many times and I always get an error message : error code 22.
Let me say that I did it exactly as I was told
2016-12-2
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'm ok, was in a bit of a mood with one thing and another yesterday, sorry for the ranting, I rarely do that, I will get in touch with DJI with the problem, I think they may have just used a tweaked mavic program to get guys in the air, I am sure they will sort it out soon with an update
2016-12-2
Use props
Finnborg-Braga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 258478 ft
United Kingdom

I also have had the "IMU 1 failed to calibrate" with error -22 issue on my shiny new p4P, and am now waiting for a UPS label to send it back for replacement.

It seems as if it is always IMU1 which has a problem, and that IMU2 is ok. But the aircraft didn't show any inclination to use IMU2 instead of IMU1.

Got to laugh - one of the things DJI support had me do before they would accept that the aircraft was faulty was to try an IMU calibration after re-formatting the SD card!
2016-12-2
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-1 14:20
That is not a P3, it is a P2 and has no relevance to calibrating a P4P.

Geebax, you missed the point.

Point was if these things get jostled enough in shipping, or even post crash, that the IMU will get stuck and not calibrate correctly (Which seems what happened to the drone in the video above and the disturbing fix.).  I've seen the UPS trucks do some transferring and off-loading from one truck onto another truck parked backwards and they toss the boxes maybe fifteen feet into the other truck.  Drones might be packed in foam, but it still could be damaging to the mechanics of the IMU controller.  IMU might be far more sensitive to a damaging jolt than we know of.

Maybe some "Handle with Care" notice (Like they care!) on the boxes, or ship via USPS who have smaller trucks and their stuff cannot fall or be tossed as far as with the larger UPS trucks.  I've had less crushed boxes with USPS than UPS by far, and my expensive paper boxes for the printers always have one banged corner off UPS so I know it got tossed or fell a good distance someplace and ruined the box.
2016-12-2
Use props
nooneknowzzz
lvl.2
Germany

Same problem over here. I'm from germany and my P4P arrived on friday. I already upgraded, downgraded my firmware several times.
The app always shows the imu error code -22 - I've tried to calibrate it several times. Always failed. (IMU1)+
The package was allright and I didn't crash the drone.
Can anyone help?
2016-12-2
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Glad I can't afford it right now.. Waiting till the bugs get fixed, always something to be panned out with new products..
2016-12-2
Use props
Richie86
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2818957 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

@DJI-Ken I was unable to read the reply regarding my post removal as most of it was cut off after the first few words. No way to PM you to clarify but I think I've sorted what was of concern though? Sorry about that!

My original post-
Same problem here also... I always give new quads and such a full calibration on delivery and the P4P was no exception.

These are some of the things I have tried to make it work, some things cause one or both of the IMU's to fail during calibration. Nothing working so far, hopefully a fix comes soon? Tomorrow will be the 3rd day with the P4P and so far I've logged zero air time.

So far...
*Tried with iOS & Android devices
*Refreshed firmware via PC & iOS
*Different micro SD Cards & formatted in UAV
*Placed it in the garden to cool off (Winter here in the UK!)
*Left the battery out for long duration's while cooling off
*Tried older firmware and then installing the next one in succession upto the current firmware
*I've even tried it with a P4 standard battery (Just in case)
- I've done this more than a dozen times now with no luck, hopefully a solution is discovered soon! ;(

IMU 1: Calibration Failed. Result Error. (Error Code -22)
IMU 2: Calibration Failed. Result Error. (Error Code -22)

Just another thing to add, sometimes when the P4P boots up it makes the normal DJI initialization chimes and occasionally the chimes have delays in them and it plays twice, very weird! Nothing like the other P4's I have.

Anyway, that's my input for now. Judging by the couple of posts on phantompilots and also the DJI forums there are quite a few P4P customers right now unable to take to the skies. I hope this can be sorted soon with a simple firmware upgrade! ;-(
-
Rich
2016-12-2
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here IMU error code -22 I'm starting to get irritated.
2016-12-3
Use props
Okcip
lvl.1

Germany

Same Problem. Error -22 on both IMUs! No Flight possible
2016-12-3
Use props
RichardHurst
Banned
Flight distance : 2342808 ft
United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-12-3
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

thank,god its across the board, looks like it should be fixed without send it back, probably just need to wait for an update, funny how DJI have been very quiet lol

2016-12-3
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

It's easily fixed (or for me it was) i had the IMU -22 error.

What you need to do:

Put the P4P in a cold place ( if possible NOT in a Refrigirator ) for 30 Mins - 1 Hour.

Immediately do the IMU Calib. after starting up.

The most important step while Calibrating is to wait quite a while even when the Pictures changes on your Screen i'm talking about 20 seconds or so.

Also, there is a step where you need to put your P4P from the front pisition to the back position, now DON'T Rotate it from left to Right like 99% of Youtubers did, just put it straight on it's back!

And tada, never gotten it again!
2016-12-3
Use props
Okcip
lvl.1

Germany

Unfortunately that didn't work also.
2016-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules