Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Very new here! To buy or not?
1391 6 2014-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
opentoe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok, I just love flying my little heli's around the house and really got interested in the Phantom 2 Vision+ when I saw it. I don't mind spending the money, but what I do mind is crashing that sucker and saying goodbye to $1200-$1300. Of course I would start flying low, slow and in open fields with nothing to distract me. I would be using my Iphone for viewing and taking pictures. What I really want to know is this quad copter made well enough to keep up with multiple flights and keep on going? I've seen a couple youtube videos where users have had some very nice flights and good luck and had a great time. How durable are these made?

I also have a technical question about the automatic fly home mode. If it loses connection or the controller just dies out does the Phantom take the same path as it came back to where it took off? Using the coordinates? Or does it fly in a straight line and take the shorest way back to where "home" is?

I'm looking to spend money on this model because it has FPV and seems easy enought to fly. I don't want to spend all this extra money on smaller or test copters. I'd rather just any extra money of batteries or extra parts and start off at this level.  I don't have that many hobbies these days, as I get lazier and lazier, but this really seems like it would get me out of the house and have some fun.  Also, are these shipped from the US or UK? I'm in the US.

Thanks!

2014-10-3
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Multiple flights - Well I run 3 batteries in quick succession giving me an hour in the air at my location.
Durable - Only had my V+ since July, zero problems recorded, original props, no major crashes (just a brief altercation with a bush, no damage), but if you crash it will break, fly with care and protect your investment.
Return to Home - The phantom will fly directly back to the home point.
Shipping - Best to buy from a local dealer, but they all come from China....and allegedly some try to fly back there...
2014-10-3
Use props
T J Gilbert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

The Phantoms hold up well to repetitive use.
They (like anything that flies) don't hold up well to repetitive crashing.
Or single crashing for that matter...
The P2V+ is the Phantom flagship, but it is the most delicate due to its sophisticated gimbal/camera.

The Phantom flies straight home once it enters RTH.
It does not retrace its previous flightpath.

There are dozens of USA dealers.
2014-10-3
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.4

United States

All I can say that I will buy another one. I have 2 now and the only real problems was caused by me.

Both of my units work well. Other than the satellite dropping problem. But I took care of that problem my self.

The systems work fairly well. You just have to study. Learn everything you can before taking it up to the skies.
READ READ READ, Watch every youtube video out there. There are a lot of how to videos. And Just be safe and have fun.
2014-10-3
Use props
opentoe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

I read there may be a phantom 3 coming out soon, is this correct. I'd hate to buy the vision  + then see a brand new model!
I'm a very careful person. I still have and use my Nikon D70 DSLR camera that's many years old. Not a scratch on it. I've been watching youtube videos, tutorials and reading online manuals way before even making a purchase. I can't find any local dealers near me at all, NJ, so I will have to buy online somewhere (probably Amazon) unless there is a place that sells them for less money? I did read on a youtube video that because of the small price drop there will be a Phantom 3 coming out. I wondering if I should wait until it becomes closer to the holidays or not. I have some bitcoin saved up and the bitcoin USD rate is killing me, I probably would of had a Phantom by now if the rate was higher.

2014-10-3
Use props
Tony
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought mine directly from DJI.com. I am happy I did. They have given me great after sales service with a faulty unit.

Just want to add that although it does fly straight home in RTH, it first ascends 20m, provided you still have it set to. I've not specifically tested this, but it is my understanding that it adds 20 meters to it's existing altitude before it starts it's return to home.

You may want to remove the camera/gimble before your first several flights, if you are concerned about crashing. It is by far the most delicate item on the craft, and the most exp endive to replace ($700). Or just be sure you are doing your intitial flights in a wide open space, clear of buildings, trees, and obstacles.

I've not had my P2V+ very long, a few months. But I have flown every chance I get and have not had any major problems, aside from the faulty unit I was originally sent. I am very impressed with the quality of the craft, and the service and support from DJI.

I strongly recommend you read everything you can find and watch every YouTube video there is, about the P2V+. And check out the thread in this forum for newbies. There is a great list of things to get you started.

Best of luck!
Oh, and if you are waiting to buy a phantom because you are worried the 3 will be coming out.... Guess what... After that the 4 will come out! Haha
Isn't technology fun?!
2014-10-3
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

I would buy the Phantom 2 and add your own video set up , Black pearl monitor , immersion 600mw sender  and some good quality antenna's , i own a Phantom 2 Vision+  but after my issues  i wish i had bought  the above  .
Your choice
2014-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules