Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What Osmo charger shall I get?
1118 4 2016-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Handlez
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hey guys, I've just purchased myself an Osmo mobile and I love it! However I've soon realised that the only thing that's going to let me down is the short battery life when I'm out and about filming, so I'm going to ask the parents for another battery for Xmas as well as some other accessories

Now I was looking at the chargers.. there seems to be an 'Osmo charger' for £16 and an 'Osmo Intelligent Battery Charger' for £14... can anyone tell me what the difference is apart from it looks like the battery stands up in the first charger and in the second one it lays down?

Also, I was looking at the Quad Charging System, I thought that would be handy with 2 batteries, or maybe 3 or 4 in the future. But one thing that I don't understand in the first line of the description is 'When used together with DJI chargers, the Osmo Quad Charging System can recharge four Osmo intelligent batteries'.... what does it mean 'When used together with DJI chargers'? I thought this was a charger? Also it says 'adapter excluded'... can someone put all this in to black and white for me please? Sorry if I'm sounding pretty stupid but I really don't know what to buy! Am I best to just stick to charging the batteries through the actual Osmo? Or does that take considerabally longer? I've only charged it once so far and that look over 4 hours!

Appreciate your help guys, cheers!
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The two chargers are basically the same, just pick the cheaper one.

The 25$ quad charger needs to be used with another adapter, which costs $39.  It's the same adapter that P3 or P4 chargers uses to charge their controller.  So if you already own a P3 or P4 drone, it would be a good idea to buy the quad charger for Osmo. Otherwise probably just pick two stand alone chargers.

2016-12-1
Use props
Handlez
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-12-2 04:04
The two chargers are basically the same, just pick the cheaper one.

The 25$ quad charger needs to b ...

Excellent, thank you for this information! So do the stand alone chargers charge quicker than charging the battery while it's in the Osmo?
2016-12-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Handlez Posted at 2016-12-2 20:00
Excellent, thank you for this information! So do the stand alone chargers charge quicker than char ...

No discernable difference on that.
2016-12-2
Use props
Skint
lvl.2
New Zealand

Handlez Posted at 2016-12-2 20:00
Excellent, thank you for this information! So do the stand alone chargers charge quicker than char ...

The battery charging info is in the manuals for both the Osmo and Plus. For the Plus with it's high capacity battery with the boxed charger it's 110 to full charge. The Osmo Mobile onboard charger is limited in speed by the 3.5mm jack input and it's current rating.

I would go for the Osmo Plus charger (the vertical one) as it also has flashing LEDs to indicate how far along the charging is.
2016-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules