WARNING!! 4.0 will ruin maps from 2.x also on ios
934 3 2016-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dirtdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3633799 ft
United States

I thought because 4.0 was a separate app I could give it a looksee. Big mistake. It caused my 2.9.2 version to use the crappy HERE maps as well. no amount of clearing, uninstalling and reinstalling has helped so far. I'm trying a complete wipe and restore of my iPad now. I hope it works.

The lack of response on this map fiasco from DJI is deafening. Either the reps here in the US are kept completely in the dark or they are told to tow the company line or find other work. It seems we are on our own to keep the good Google maps or be forced to void our warranties by using Litchi. I won't get into the crap of DJI hosing the 3rd party apps with that policy here but with my 8 month old P4 the cost of being on my own is worth it.

EDIT: well even with complete restore of ipad from 11-25-16 the crappy maps remain in my 2.9.2. {:4_142:}
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Just to clarify, you have deleted the new APP and re-install the previous one, and even reset your iPad, still the same case?
The APP uses "Here map" after upgrading, and we'll transfer your feedback to our relevant department as well.
2016-12-4
Use props
RustleCrowe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190 ft
Australia

Hmm I still have Apple maps on my iOS device?
2016-12-5
Use props
dirtdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3633799 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-5 15:49
Just to clarify, you have deleted the new APP and re-install the previous one, and even reset your iPad, still the same case?
The APP uses "Here map" after upgrading, and we'll transfer your feedback to our relevant department as well.

That is correct. I'm not 100% sure if they are now Here maps or Apple maps. I am 100% sure they are NOT Google maps like before. They are more than a few years old and the resolution isn't anywhere near as good as they used to be. I also can't zoom up like before. I use the map to line up over small clearings in the woods, or at least used to. The map pictures were also taken early in the morning so the shadows are horrible. Most of the little clearings I want to drop down to are completely shaded out.
2016-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules