2/3 Polar Pro filters have defects
2198 13 2016-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
United States

[size=14.6667px]Well 2 out of 3 of these filters are screwed up. The CP came with finger prints before I even opened the box. It's got a nice scratch right in the middle. The ND 16 had what looks like the glue running onto the lens.  Attached pictures.
[size=14.6667px]
EDIT: Cleaned up some careless accusations.

CP

CP

ND16

ND16
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've sent a message to Jeff from Polar Pro, they are a great company and he'll get in contact with you.
2016-12-1
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Chaser,

Shoot us an email, we will get them replaced immediately.

Jeff.Overall@polarprofilters.com

2016-12-1
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2016-12-1 21:52
Hey Chaser,

Thank you Jeff.

Sorry. Got a little fired up.
2016-12-1
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

Jeff,

I know these are first-runs and I know you have had some issues already that delayed shipping.  I'll look mine over good and let you know if there are any issues.  Hoping for the best, but sometimes quality isn't what is promised when manufacturing is out-sourced.  I should have them in a day or so.

Gary
2016-12-1
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

Ricardo Posted at 2016-12-1 22:05
https://youtu.be/-D5tCLoWZsk

Stop spamming your vlog videos on unrelated threads
2016-12-1
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

MODS; can you PELASE BAN Ricardo, he is all over the place with his lousy vids!
2016-12-1
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2016-12-1 20:52
Hey Chaser,

Jeff,

I'm awaiting my Polar Pro Mavic Backpack as I write this note. I think I own most of Polar Pro's filters and many other Polar Pro products for my P2V+, my 2 P3Pro's, My 3dr Solo and my 3 GoPro's. I'm even using some old Polar Pro filters on my racing drones to protect the lenses on my GoPro's when I crash them.

Why? Your response to this thread and many others is precisely why! The attention that you guys give your customers is phenomenal. Especially, in today's environment. Polar Pro will remain a successful company because you provide a good product and your customer service is outstanding. Many could learn a simple but very valuable lesson from you guys, "take care of your customers and they'll take care of you".

Thank you and Polar Pro for your commitment to your customers!

Jerry
2016-12-2
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2016-12-2 11:47
Jeff,

I know these are first-runs and I know you have had some issues already that delayed shippin ...

Please do! We appreciate all the feedback we can get, also we do not outsource, everything is made at our factories overseas. Occasionally we have things slip through qc, especially when timing gets rushed, but we will always replace it and side with the customer.

Appreciate the support,

Jeff
2016-12-2
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-12-2 23:21
Jeff,

I'm awaiting my Polar Pro Mavic Backpack as I write this note. I think I own most of Polar  ...

Thank you for the continued support Jerry, We appreciate you as a customer,

Jeff
2016-12-2
Use props
TBird_RainyLake
lvl.2
Flight distance : 283930 ft
United States

I received my 3 pack of filters from PolarPro today and also have an scratch issue on the CP filter.  I have contacted PolarPro and have full confidence they will make it right.  Just an FYI to look before you install and shoot that lifetime video.
Rod
2016-12-3
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

I received my 6-pack this weekend and just had a chance to take a close look at them.  They're TINY... but look pretty good.  The outside looks very nicely finished and the inside has a few of the typical manufacturing marks and lack of "polish"... certainly nothing to complain about.  My "glass" all seems to be in good shape with no scratches, but I do have a "dot" on one of them.  I think it is my ND16-PL.  I'm going to wait until I get my Mavic and try them before making any "warranty" decisions.  As a photog, i have a feeling the "dot" will not be an issue but I'll save final judgment for after my first use with the Mavic.

Overall, I like the case, the form and the quality of the build.  My only wish is that the cases had an etching, engraving, were stamped or had some other type of label to show what each one of them is.  The label is on the side of the lens and not visible when in the case.  I printed a label using a P-Touch label maker to show what order I have mine in.  I know, minor complaint, but it would be nice.  Kinda like labeling the slots where your sockets go.  You can eventually find the 1/2 inch, but its much easier to see the label and grab it first-time.

Gary
2016-12-5
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Canada

TBird_RainyLake Posted at 2016-12-3 22:10
I received my 3 pack of filters from PolarPro today and also have an scratch issue on the CP filter.  I have contacted PolarPro and have full confidence they will make it right.  Just an FYI to look before you install and shoot that lifetime video.
Rod

They will. I got a response and a tracking number of Friday NIGHT. Thoroughly surprised and impressed with their service.
2016-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules