Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Charging Routine For P3 Standard Controller
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuka75
First Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

What is safe amperage to charge the controller? Power switch off or on during charging?
Thanks
2016-12-1
Use props
MrPinaColada
Second Officer
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

I've always just plugged it into a computer usb port or a 5v phone outlet adapter (the basic block that comes with 99.9% of all phone chargers). No issues after 7 months so far.
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please check the spec on the DJI website: http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-standard/info#specs
You can switch it off or keep it on when charging, the LED status will be different, but they will be solid green when it's fully-charged.
2016-12-2
Use props
fans913aa526
lvl.3

United States

Hello,
You can use any good quality USB charger. The output voltage would be regulated 5V.  The input current (Amperes) to the RC controller is determined by the state of charge of the battery. There is a very simple and inexpensive device that you simply connect  between the charger and the power cable to the RC controller. This way you can monitor both voltage and current. You will see the current reducing as the battery charges. Hope this Helps.
2016-12-2
Use props
stuka75
First Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

thanks all. Didn't want to ruin my new unit. I do miss the controller buttons for video and pics as on my p3 4k.
2016-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules