hot or dead on osmo X3
670 4 2016-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jhing2175
lvl.1
Flight distance : 181995 ft
Philippines

just wanted to ask if you guys have this problem with your osmo? what are they? dead or hot pixels? should i return it ? thanks
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
2016-12-2
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow... that problem makes no sense whatsoever!  Uhhh....   hmmmm......   it doesn't follow any typical pixel issue.  Almost looks like something was drawn on the sensor or the lens... but it isn't defocussed enough for a lens problem.....  Still, I would look to the lens and uv glass first.  

Do you see the line in your phone/monitor or only on the recorded footage?
Is the problem apparent in some footage and totally gone in other?

If it were me.. here is how I would try to lock down the problem.
1) Unscrew the front glass (UV filter) and shoot.  Problem continues?
2) Then clean the front of the lens.  Problem continues?
3) Lock the osmo in one place and focus on something close...put a white piece of paper close enough to OSMO that it mostly fills the frame... shoot for a few seconds, then change the focus to something far and shoot the white piece of paper again for another few seconds.  Compare the two, did the appearance of the green line change?  Blurry in one and not the other?  If so, the internal elements of the lens could be damaged or dirty.  if not, then you are left with a problem on the sensor.  Maybe something (piece of lint) laying on the sensor or some form of damage.  
2016-12-2
Use props
jhing2175
lvl.1
Philippines

Mabou2 Posted at 2016-12-3 04:09
Wow... that problem makes no sense whatsoever!  Uhhh....   hmmmm......   it doesn't follow any typic ...

uv filter is clean..but will try that white paper trick to see if it is still there. will post the photos after..thanks for the reply. oh, and they only appear when i shoot in raw..the jpegs straight out of the sd card doesnt have them. any ideas?
2016-12-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jhing2175 Posted at 2016-12-3 09:31
uv filter is clean..but will try that white paper trick to see if it is still there. will post the  ...

Yes, please use the online chat on www.dji.com/support and follow instructions to send them in. I've seen issues show up only in RAW but not in JPEG
2016-12-2
Use props
jhing2175
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-12-3 14:35
Yes, please use the online chat on www.dji.com/support and follow instructions to send them in. I' ...

cant seem to connect to support....but here are the photos anyway, with the white paper trick...what do you suggest i do? return the osmo? thank you...
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
2016-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules