Multiple Flight Function - Home Lock
4164 6 2015-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Any idea when the Home Lock function will be available.

With regard to the ioc Course Lock function, am I right in thinking this must be set at begining of each flight to record the nose direction.

2015-2-10
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Hi GB,

You can reset the Course Lock orientation while in flight.  Having enabled IOC in the App, just let it hover in F mode. To the left of the status bar in the upper screen you will see a little CL graphic. If you tap this you will see the opportunity to lock in the Inspire's current orientation.  You will then get a little message on screen that the command was successful.

PS: I am using the iOS Pilot App

PPS: If you lose your own orientation during this experiment, just push the switch back into P mode.  Aircraft pitch and roll commands will return to default orientation.  If you switch back to F mode again...the CL orientation will remain as you had selected it while you were last in F mode.  At least in my experience.

Dan
2015-2-10
Use props
ranchbroker.me
lvl.1

United States

Could someone explain what course lock and IOC and what it means to use F and P mode etc..... How they are useful
Thanks in advance
2015-2-10
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

ranchbroker.me Posted at 2015-2-11 10:50
Could someone explain what course lock and IOC and what it means to use F and P mode etc..... How th ...

Lots to read in the manual and videos a plenty on line. Search here may help.
2015-2-10
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

ranchbroker.me Posted at 2015-2-11 10:50
Could someone explain what course lock and IOC and what it means to use F and P mode etc..... How th ...

Hi Ranch,

I think you asked about this before.  Did you see where someone had pasted a page of the PDF manual in that post?  The problem with trying to answer these is that you have to make an assumption about the user’s previous experience. That can offend or just be plain unhelpful.  

The basic flight modes that you select from with the switch on the controller have multiple facets but there is a general explanation too.  

P mode the Inspire uses GPS to hold its hover position when GPS is available.  I could get confusing here but this is the basic explanation. Suffice it to say that P GPS mode function depends on the availability of a GPS lock.

A or Atti mode is where Inspire does not utilize GPS assist to gain or hold hover position, even if it a GPS signal is available; Inspire will not hover in a stationary position while in A mode.  

F mode uses GPS for positioning if you are in a place where you have GPS signal to lock on to.  You will notice if you toggle to F mode with the controller switch -- while you have satellite reception -- that you will see the P-GPS status on the Pilot App screen.  F mode is where the IOC functionality is possible.  You need this separate mode -- F mode -- for all three IOC functions.  You need GPS lock for two of those IOC functions.  If you eventually use F mode with its specialty functions, you will probably see why a separate mode was engineered.

Causing some confusion is the fact that of the three IOC functions in F mode, only one – Course Lock—is working in our current Inspire 1 set ups.  But when someone who has used other DJI products talks about the individual functions, they may just talk about it as if all IOC functions are in place.
Again, two of the functions of F mode -- Home Lock and Point of Interest -- require GPS assist to work.  We are told they will be available later.  Even though the Inspire does not yet have Home Lock working, it is available along with Course Lock in other DJI products.  Because of this there are videos online about general use of IOC, as Colonel mentioned.

Course Lock is the IOC function in F mode that is actually available for use in the Inspire I am using right now.

Course Lock will let you alter the way the Inspire responds to the stick commands that control pitch and roll ;forward, backward, left and right.  Whatever way the aircraft is pointed at the time of your setting the Course Lock is the position those directional controls ‘remember’ while you remain in F mode.  The system does this by setting those controls in line with the actual nose position of the aircraft at the time you gave the command to lock in a course line.   

I have to say this is a confusing topic.  If I make an omission I trust someone will point it out to me.  I will probably edit my post as usual if I read it and see any confusing parts.  

Dan
2015-2-11
Use props
ranchbroker.me
lvl.1

United States

daninperth Posted at 2015-2-11 22:06
Hi Ranch,

I think you asked about this before.  Did you see where someone had pasted a page of the ...

Thanks.  Best explanation I read.....great info.  I'm new to drone flying and the inspire is my first, so, I've a lot of learning to do.
2015-2-13
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I sort of missed HL originally because you can get slightly disoriented if flying in a new environment with limited or repeated visual features. However with he live maps and radar features , IOC apart from course lock (presumably used for tracking shots)  isn't needed anymore. If one fears getting lost RTH activation can't hurt!
2015-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules