1528 6 2015-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
knut
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20672917 ft
Germany

Hi,

I was wondering what to do when I have a permit from a local aviation administration to fly in a restricted area?
I.e.: Hamburg, Germany. Nearly all of Hamburg is a restricted area which can be overcome by asking for a permit.

There must be a way to turn off NFZ?

Does current firmware of the Inspire 1 already recognize the No-Fly-Zones?

Knut

2015-2-10
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

I think DJI should be able to provide an unlock code to input on the App somewhere to allow flights in Controlled Airpsace provided you can demonstrate the local ATC have approved the proposed flight and that you are a commercially licensed and insured Pilot within that respective country.
2015-2-10
Use props
knut
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20672917 ft
Germany

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-11 00:28
I think DJI should be able to provide an unlock code to input on the App somewhere to allow flights  ...

Well, I think DJI MUST look into this.

They have Philip Bloom promoting a "pro" video / foto tool. Who do you think is supposed to buy this sucker? Yes, the pro's. Then why do they put NO-Fly-Zones in a pro-tool?

If this No-Fly Zone thingy was known from the beginning, I would not have bought the unit. It's a real deal breaker! It is like forbidding alcohol because you can get addicted.

Pro's are reasonable and take care about their jobs and tools. It is already hard enough to get permits in special locations. Only to find out: "Whoops - the manufacturer won't let me start!"

Maybe I was just lured into buying by Philip Bloom. Too bad for me. Although, when he made the commercial for the Inspire 1 there was no talk about No-Fly-Zones. But nevertheless they still use him to advertise it. I hope Philip Bloom knows by now, that you can't use the unit for real pro use anymore.
2015-2-11
Use props
martin.hafencit
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

Screenshot DJI Pilot App 1.0

hamburg_restricted.jpg
2015-2-11
Use props
wtaylor
lvl.1

United States

I emailed DJI about this exact issue today.  We bought this for our college to shoot video tours of the campus and maybe use it for some promotional shoots of different activities.  The part about us is that the local regional airport is in our backdoor (one of our parking lots used to be a runway).  We have had the Airport Director very favorable about us using the drone as long as we stay below certain restrictions (which can be programmed into the controller) so it would be wonderful.  Also, he might want us to use it to inspect some of his hangers and other buildings.  Come on DJI, please give us responsible people something.  Maybe like a restriction code that airports can request that would unlock their areas that they provide to only authorized people.  This code could be reset on a monthly basis or longer depending on what they request.  Would be good for the airport to be able to purchase your drone for use for inspections and use an unlimited code but then if they hire a person to shoot a commercial they could issue them a 2 week code or something.  Just my thoughts.
2015-2-16
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

knut Posted at 2015-2-11 21:15
Well, I think DJI MUST look into this.

They have Philip Bloom promoting a "pro" video / foto too ...

Absolutly Agree with you on this one !  
2015-2-16
Use props
DBUK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Here in the UK the zones do not align with the legislation laid out in the Air Navigation Order from the CAA. Secondly those of us who does this professionally (and have CAA permissions) can demonstrate a high degree of safety and competency, thats why the CAA give us permissions and exemptions.

Some of us have setup Letters of agreement with local ATCU and we call them every time we fly in their mandatory radio zone, we use RT to listen to their radar frequency and the ATC block out our area and inform other aircraft about us,

DJI come along and implement a one size fits all policy; I hope the eventually recognise that their customer base includes responsible professionals who cooperate with  the relevant authorities and deserve some respect.
2015-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules