Help with 'clips' (covers?) on landing gear
1975 6 2016-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7f0cf2ed
lvl.1

United States

So after flying my Phantom 4 flawlessly for many months (got it last March) - it finally had a little crash. Flying straight, it caught a tree branch on the right side and fell - but only a few feet. I wasn't up high ....... however, I got a crack in one arm, and 2 'clips' or 'covers' on the landing gear fell off. Luckily the camera and gimbal are fine.

So I ordered new landing gear to replace the little 'clips/covers' and I can't! They won't snap in. I've watched so many Youtube videos and none have shown how they go back in. I can get them almost in, but not all the way.

Any help?

Thanks,

(the replacement I bought was DJI not a third party piece).

2Lip

2016-12-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Did you already get this addressed? I see you have a duplicate thread on the crash.
2016-12-2
Use props
fans7f0cf2ed
lvl.1

United States

Hi, no this wasn't addressed. I can't figure out why they don't just snap in! :-)

The 'duplicate' is about the crack in the arm. I did fly it a bit today for a short flight, and it seems fine, but with the compass/etc. exposed (and the crack in the arm near the motor) I didn't fly far.

Have you ever replaced the landing gear? Or taken those covers (or clips) off and put them back on?

thanks,
2Lip
2016-12-2
Use props
djiuser_oEiTPgKKgZWe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288343 ft
Australia

so i need them good replying guys
2018-3-30
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

I know that this is a very old post but I would still like to share my experience... the same as yours.  Long story short:  I was flying for the very first time.  Flew around the park a couple of times then decided to try RTH just to see that it was working.  Drone went 100 meters up then started to decend.  Home was near the only small tree in the whole park.  I started to panic, thinking that it was going to hit the tree.  I took over the controls.  Bad move.  It hit a branch and fell about 3 feet.  Didn't appear to be any damage when I put it back up in the air again.  Only the next day did I notice that both of those little covers/clips were gone.  I was very lucky when I went back to the tree... and found them.  But you are very correct... they really don't snap in very tight.
2018-4-7
Use props
Uncle T
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18278 ft
United States

Theres a tiny little nipple on the bottom end of the clip. Sometimes this will get brocken off and the clip wont stay in place anymore.
Either order new covers or wrap them with clear packing tape after installing.
Cheesy but better than not having them at all.
2018-4-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cannot order new covers on their own, have to buy the landing gear, i clear tape mine to prevent a loss..
2018-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules