New to Mavic - Down Control Question
1153 10 2016-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MSavage
lvl.1

Canada

New to the Mavic and DJI product. I've been having some intermittent issues with my Mavic being unresponsive while holding the left stick down to bring it in for a landing. Sometimes it just hangs immobile 15ft off the ground while I've got the left control at 100 down. I have calibrated the control and I am wondering if it is some kind of safety feature. I have also experienced this behavior a couple of times at higher altitude.  
2016-12-2
Use props
FPVJunkie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66421 ft
United States

Do you get any status notifications on your mobile device? I believe if the VPS are on, it will ask you to confirm the landing, then come down on it's own.
2016-12-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was there any message displayed in the app?
2016-12-2
Use props
MSavage
lvl.1

Canada

After reviewing the flights, it looks like there are several "Landing Messages" What am I doing to make it think I want to land?
2016-12-2
Use props
Mayoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

It is normal with VPS on. Read the Manual. Its actually a good thing to prevent us landing mavic fast to ground and ruin the gimbal. If you dont want, turn off the VPS
2016-12-2
Use props
MSavage
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll go back and re-read that section. It is normal for it to behave like this hight up as well?
2016-12-2
Use props
ctopysf
lvl.2

United States

MSavage Posted at 2016-12-2 14:51
After reviewing the flights, it looks like there are several "Landing Messages" What am I doing to m ...

Sounds like it thinks you are closer to the ground than you are. Does it make a difference if VPS is turned off? Not that I recommend turning it off all the time, just curious if it is getting an erroneous reading from the VPS, Sonar, or Barometer.
2016-12-2
Use props
MSavage
lvl.1

Canada

Just went out to fly and there is definitely something weird. I'm 30' up trying to bring it down and keep getting the "Landing" message. It eventually comes down very slowly but takes for ever. Seems to behave like it thinks it's close to the ground.
2016-12-2
Use props
MSavage
lvl.1

Canada

MSavage Posted at 2016-12-2 18:52
Just went out to fly and there is definitely something weird. I'm 30' up trying to bring it down and ...

I meant 30m....pretty high up.
2016-12-2
Use props
MSavage
lvl.1

Canada

Does anyone have a clue of what might be happening with my Mavic?
2016-12-3
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22877 ft
United States

have you check to make sure you still do not have a little cover on a bottom sensor,   and have you tried it with the VPS off and see if you still get the message?
2016-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules