What's the deal DJI? Are these p4p ranges true?
2642 16 2016-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trekz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3245 ft
United States

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... disappointed.97303/

^^^^^

I thought the p4p is going to be superior in range, so how come there are p4p pilots consistanly claiming that the other phantoms/mavic is better?
I'm looking to buy one before Christmas, so I need to know before investing.
2016-12-2
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The answer your going to get from  DJI is" range is 4.1 miles in open unobstructed bla bla bla" I'm going to test my p4 pro tommorow and I'll let you know.
2016-12-2
Use props
Seaduner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7619229 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks R&L, we need as many comparisons as possible.  So far the reports are less than joyful when comparing to P3P, P4 and Mavic.  A pattern of a shorter range flight capability is being revealed.   That's going to hurt sales from repeat customers that know this product line inside out, like me.  Many are already saying they'll wait for P5.
2016-12-2
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got mine today. Took it out of the box, updated it, calibrated the compass, and sent it out to 12,219 feet. In my area, all is good.
2016-12-2
Use props
Trekz
lvl.4
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-12-2 15:55
The answer your going to get from  DJI is" range is 4.1 miles in open unobstructed bla bla bla" I'm  ...

This might help^ Please let us know if it was flown in an open area or a highly congested wifi heavy area.
2016-12-2
Use props
Drone Monkey
lvl.2
United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-12-2 19:20
Got mine today. Took it out of the box, updated it, calibrated the compass, and sent it out to 12,21 ...

wow...  I'm happy to get 5k
2016-12-2
Use props
Ange1walk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30305 ft
Austria

Seaduner Posted at 2016-12-3 01:05
Thanks R&L, we need as many comparisons as possible.  So far the reports are less than joyful when c ...

They are lying, they are waiting for the P6.
2016-12-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-12-3 11:20
Got mine today. Took it out of the box, updated it, calibrated the compass, and sent it out to 12,21 ...

And there is yet another pattern, someone who is experienced and familiar with a number of Phantom models who gets great range straight out of the box, versus all those who are new to the product and say they get less.
2016-12-2
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-2 20:16
And there is yet another pattern, someone who is experienced and familiar with a number of Phantom ...

The problem is, these people typically do not know the many factors that affect range. They try to fly it off their back porch in the middle of a congested neighborhood with heavy wifi traffic and surrounded by tall trees. That's just unrealistic. I take all of my quads to the same area to test range. That way I know it's out in an open area and all tests are relatively the same. So far P3P <  Inspire 1 < P4 < P4P
2016-12-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-12-3 13:08
The problem is, these people typically do not know the many factors that affect range. They try to ...

You are preaching to the converted. Every time a new model comes out, within minutes of them being delivered there is guaranteed to be someone come onto this forum who has not flown a DJI product previously and complain that the range is not as advertised or the range has been deliberately reduced by DJI or some other conspiracy.

And it is not just WiFi that competes with the Phantoms, that is yet another myth. It is also cordless phones, garage door openers, kids RC toys, cordless headphones, baby monitors etc. The list is enormous.
2016-12-2
Use props
Trekz
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for all the response^
2016-12-2
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Ange1walk Posted at 2016-12-3 08:46
They are lying, they are waiting for the P6.

Why? A couple more months and you can get the P7.    ;-)
2016-12-2
Use props
Complex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 135689 ft
Australia

I had a mavic before the P4P, the P4P has horrible range and signal compared to the Mavic. So many Loss of signal RTH with the P4P already, but i flew the same flight path on the mavic from the same spot and never had an issue.
2016-12-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seaduner Posted at 2016-12-3 08:05
Thanks R&L, we need as many comparisons as possible.  So far the reports are less than joyful when c ...

Aloha Seaduner,

The range of the P4 Pro is only two feet.  Let everyone know, please.  I will be ordering mine soon, so if your friends are willing to wait for the Phantom 5, YES!!!!!  That works great for me and a few hundred thousand others.  As it is, my order will have to elbow itself through those thousands of other orders before it finally gets to me.  Mahalo in advance!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Seaduner Posted at 2016-12-3 11:05

"the reports are less than joyful when comparing to P3P, P4 and Mavic.  A pattern of a shorter range flight capability is being revealed.  "

The pattern I see is a couple of people reporting less range than they expected and a majority reporting very good range.
There are so many variables involved that a few reports of low range are meaningless and don't necessarily mean there's any fault in the machine..
2016-12-3
Use props
thegus
lvl.1

United States

hi i cannot get a range farther then 2000 feet somedays i can only get 300 feet. Do i need a new controler? i dont even understang how some people get 12 000
2016-12-3
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

P4P flew it the other day in a very open field no house for 1 kilometer away, height 115 meters and most it would go was 1km before weak signal popped up, my P4 was about 1.5 max before so there is no difference in distance, which was rather annoying as I wanted about 2km usable range
2016-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules