Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Infuriated beyond belief!
1072 8 2016-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

Let me first come out and say that I'm not an "official" DJI client. Seems only people that bought units off DJI "official" store are deemed worthy of MAVICS at this stage. Same goes for service it seems. Lord knows the forum is crawling with early adopters getting taken care of with a host of issues by DJI staffers. Post replies at this stage usually go something like this "Sorry to hear about your problem. Please send unit back to us to assess your MAVIC", I thank you for your selfless service!

Anyways bought my unit off reseller October 11 and in that time my ship date has been pushed back 3 times because of DJI and their inability to provide my reseller with a shred of credible information as to when they will get stock.

Today I get a message from my reseller and I'm told that I can expect my MAVIC in February. Does DJI realize that the MAVIC will be 6 months old by that stage, and in terms of normal retail cycles resellers by this stage will be offering discounts on the product? and me the plonker that ordered 2 weeks after launch has been pegged at launch price.

Now some might ask why not just cancel? Well my brother bought a unit from same reseller (seasoned DJI pilot has a few of their ships) a day after me, canceled his order for the P4P. He just couldn't be bothered waiting anymore. With currency fluctuations and bank fees lost $160 of his money just on the refund alone! This is something I cannot afford and beside I don't want a Phantom and want a MAVIC.

DJI take a good look! Besides your prized online "official" customers, there are DJI customers who entrusted their hard earned money with your resellers who are being feed scraps and being asked to hold the fort while you guys ship to Amazon, Apple and the likes!

Soon we will start hearing of cases where people ordering off your online store later than people ordering from resellers, getting their MAVICS, it is probably happening already.  

Another poorly handled blunder for the tech history record books. Found it very hard to hold back the expletives must be honest. The whole situation is beyond a joke!

2016-12-3
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Sooo... In the end, your brother was sick of the company so still gave them their money for another drone. Seems logical.

And not sure how many months you have on your calendar, but will be 4 months "old" in February.

Anyway, I will just wait for a mavic to apear in stores, I'm on lists but don't really care when I have it. Will arrive when it will...
2016-12-3
Use props
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

Nees Posted at 2016-12-3 14:26
Sooo... In the end, your brother was sick of the company so still gave them their money for another  ...

Stop putting words in my mouth. Where did I mention that he was sick of comapny? stop twisting the post. It's seems like you you one of the crowd that's like to get bent over and ridden hard, not me! Enjoy the ride guy!
Also curious, please tell me how you get four months since launch of Mavic 27 September?

2016-12-3
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

PAYBACK Posted at 2016-12-3 15:10
Stop putting words in my mouth. Where did I mention that he was sick of comapny? stop twisting the  ...

I still have my money Didn't pre-order anywhere, just a list.

And it is only for sale since October 15. February 15 = 4 months
2016-12-3
Use props
fansf8f51366
lvl.1

United States

Okay I've been reading about this shipping issues from DJI, and I am a complete newbie in this field, if they cannot satisfy the preorders now why are they still open for preorders? To someone new like me and have seen this before in the other part of the world this seems like a pyramid scheme (well may be harsh word), is it possible they might be using the current preorder money to fund the previous production batch?
2016-12-3
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

It's understandable to be upset about shipping delays, but you aren't all that far off from when people who ordered direct from DJI.
I ordered October 15th and would have probably gotten it mid January at this point. I found one locally at an Apple store so I canceled.
2016-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Seems that only people that bought units of dji official store are deemed worthy of Mavics...

You need to get down of your horse, with that statement, there are still a huge amount of people who purchased direct from dji who are still waiting arrival of there Mavic, many who ordered long before you,

You had a choice who you wanted to order from, because you haven't got yours yet, you think you can come here and point the finger at those who have after a long wait have received there Mavic .

Now back up on your horse and take a jump..
2016-12-3
Use props
Rickymelendez94
New

Puerto Rico

Thanks for sharing your story. I ordered mine on 9/27 from apple store since dji.com didn't work. I receive my Mavic on 9/16 and it has some issues primarily with the horizon adjuster and battery.
2016-12-3
Use props
fschilder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102028 ft
  • >>>
Canada

And the purpose of this rant is????
2016-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now