4829 17 2016-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 222244 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I took my brand new mavic pro out for its first flight today after waiting for 2.5 months.

I am seriously P'd Off.   The video coming from the camera looked like an old analog TV set at times, where the tuner couldn't quite lock on to the signal.... lots of wavy lines.  

I was wrong... it's what the CAMERA RECORDED!!!

Is anyone else having this issue?  I'm going to completely lose it if DJI tells me to spend $200 to ship this thing back to China and I have to wait another 2 months to get a replacement...

2016-12-3
Use props
photobyjl
New
Flight distance : 60338 ft
United States

I had the same issue - I think it might have had something to do with shooting at a high shutter speed (I was letting it shoot on auto for first flight), would appreciate other input - haven't been able to take it on a second flight yet to test different settings
2016-12-3
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

Have you checked to make sure the gimbal is mounted properly (not touching the drone body and secured by the little clips).
Also have you checked to make sure none of your props are damaged or defective?
Either of these things would cause vibrations that would make your video wavy like that.
2016-12-3
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Does the video stored on your phone also have this problem?

I had terrible video the other day and noticed my APP footage was very good/normal compared to the recorded onboard vid.
I removed the SDXC and formatted on PC with Windows because just previous to the shakey vid, i formatted within mavic.

This lead me to think it was a write issue and also reseated the SDXC card.

The card in my mavic has to face down slightly when fitting, if slightly facing up it seems to bind but still goes in, but i think that connection was dodgey.

2016-12-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If there's an issue, it's not going to cost $200 for you to send the aircraft back to China.
DJI in California will email you a prepaid shipping label and it's no cost to you.
Have you ever had a crash or hard landing ?
Have you done a gimbal calibration ?
Have you tried different resolutions ?
Does the video look like that in the app as your flying ?
Have you tried a factory reset from the Assistant2 ?
Have you tried a different SD card ?
Are you on the latest firmware ?
Try those suggestions and if it still records like this in all resolutions then call 818-235-0789 and send it in for repair.
2016-12-3
Use props
fans34fe72d8
lvl.1

United States

I saw another guy with the same problem and it was one of the camera mounts on top of the gimabal, he pooped it back in place and it worked flawlessly after that!

check it out
2016-12-3
Use props
fansfbc45090
lvl.2
Flight distance : 342090 ft
United States

I went to a local public golf course this weekend.  Flying on back nine - no problem.  Flying on front nine - terrible wavy video.  I then noticed a cell tower and another radio tower not too far away. I was in a valley below the towers, flying up to their level...  Went back home and did more - no problem.  So for now - in my case, I am of the opinion it was interference within the Mavic from those towers.
2016-12-5
Use props
13MStang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892749 ft
United States

fansfbc45090 Posted at 2016-12-5 08:26
I went to a local public golf course this weekend.  Flying on back nine - no problem.  Flying on front nine - terrible wavy video.  I then noticed a cell tower and another radio tower not too far away. I was in a valley below the towers, flying up to their level...  Went back home and did more - no problem.  So for now - in my case, I am of the opinion it was interference within the Mavic from those towers.

Wow.   Interesting.
Thanks for sharing that.
2016-12-5
Use props
OzGJxrzCTxLn
New

United States

I had the exact thing happen to me, first flight, right out of the box.  See video here   Same as you, no heavy wind, nice sunny day, no hard landing or even any settings change from default.  

-I "thought" I'd resolved it, I had a firmware update that wasn't complete, and I also changed my SD card to this.  https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-m ... ds=sandisk+ultra+64
I've only made one test flight so far, but no issues reported.  I'll have it back in the air later today for a more thorough test.
After a more thorough test flight, it's still totally apparent.  I even was able to duplicate the issue with the rotors off, so it's not even a gimbal vibration issue.  I've initiated a replacement via Amazon, super bummed.
2016-12-7
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-3 16:08
If there's an issue, it's not going to cost $200 for you to send the aircraft back to China.
DJI in California will email you a prepaid shipping label and it's no cost to you.
Have you ever had a crash or hard landing ?

Tried 4k and 1080  resolution
Can't tell on a phone if the video looks bad when i'm flying.
Tried a factory reset from the Assistant2 No ! it has two flights..
I tried a different SD card yes from my p4.
I am on latest firmware.
Gimbal bands are good.

- Wavy

2017-1-16
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-1-16 19:29

- second flight horzontal lines 30 secin and red haze
2017-1-16
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-1-16 19:29

The first 2 are because of the 1080/48 mode you're shooting in.  The sensor bins & makes 48, 50, 60 and I think 96 look like garbage.
2017-1-16
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-1-16 19:33
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlaJRbrV_wo    - second flight horzontal lines 30 secin and red haze

This video is fine, as you shot in 4k30.  The sun is causing your issues there.
2017-1-16
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-1-16 19:48
This video is fine, as you shot in 4k30.  The sun is causing your issues there.

DRONE-flies-YOU.  Thanks! So you think 30 FPS should be max for this little bird? Is it a definite issue with the camera at these frame rates? What do you suggest for the best setting? I just followed Tom Tech time settings at 3840x2160 UHD @ 24FPS and was going to give that go. My p4 is always on auto at 4K 30.. no thinking just flying...lol
2017-1-16
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

I would check your gimbal mounting very precisely.
To see one blade continuously would indicate to me that the gimbal is not centred.  
Given your other problems, there is definitely something amiss.
2017-1-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-1-16 19:33
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlaJRbrV_wo    - second flight horzontal lines 30 secin and red haze

Try different resolutions, and as for the one blade, it didn't look very windy. Make sure the gimbal is supported on all corners and not hanging down on one corner.
2017-1-17
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

I was in sport mode at the river and the gimbal appears to be mounted fine. I try 4k at 24 and 2.7 at 30 on my next flight. Again thanks for the help, as you seem to know your stuff. Any setting issues I should now about with the x4s camera?
2017-1-17
Use props
fansc1e249a5
lvl.1

United States

Same thing 1st video from my Mavic Air 2 lots of wavy lines
2020-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules